“Definately would book another stay here!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rogersville, Tennessee
“Definately would book another stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Front entrance neat, clean, and inviting. Room was neat, clean, roomy, and inviting. We travel ALOT and I rate this one of the nicest rooms we have had in a long time through Choice Privilege's hotels. Great job!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Becky S, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Liz, thank you for your review of our Sleep Inn & Suites of Ocala-Belleview. We are so pleased that you found our hotel to be a step up from most other Choice Hotels. We are actually in the top 10% of our brand and have been a gold-award winning property for quite a few years. We try to maintain this reputation through great service, cleanliness, and updated improvements. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the hotel. The service at the front desk was exceptional, the rooms absolutely beautiful, and the continental breakfast great. Conveniently located in Ocala, this hotel was very nice, especially for the nightly rate.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Becky S, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Sandy, thank you for your review of our Sleep Inn & Suites of Ocala-Belleview. We are located about 15 minutes south of Ocala right on I-75 which is convenient to Ocala, Gainesville, Clermont and other Centeral Florida locations. As you mentioned, our hotel is modern and stylish. We completely renovated in 2012 to a contemporary theme. We are glad that you enjoyed it and shared your experience with us. Thank you!
Leesburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Friendly staff - very helpful and informative. Rooms were very clean and neat. Breakfast was wonderful. I have nothing bad to say about the Sleep Inn. I would go back in a heartbeat. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our Sleep Inn & Suites of Ocala-Belleview. We are very pleased that our staff and hotel could exceed your expectations. You mentioned our complimentary breakfast. Most travelers do not know that we offer an expanded continental breakfast with hot items like biscuits and gravy and waffles. We also have cereal, fresh fruit, boiled eggs, pastries, and more. Thank you again!
Clermont, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We checked in on the 27th. Upon arrival we were greeted by the staff. The lobby was clean. We asked for a late check out and was told to call down in the morning to see if they could do it. They put us in room 227 which is a end room and next to the ice machine. After we were in the room we had to call down to the desk to get the internet to work. I was told that they had to reset it. During our stay the internet was a problem. It was slow at best. A this time we also noticed a envelope in the room that was left by housekeeping asking for as tip. I found this to be unusual for a Choice Hotel but then again I had never stayed at a Sleep Inn. I will say that I stay at Choice Hotels a lot and will probably stay at Choice properties at least 10 more nights by the end of the year and this was by far one of the worst nights that I have had in recent memory from a Choice Hotel. I want to make it clear that I did not call the front desk to complain during the night but it was constant slamming of doors and people waking above me. I did go to the front desk around 9am or so and ask and I was told that they put a family with a baby above me. I honestly never herd a baby cry or any noise from a child. It seemed like as soon as I mentioned that the radar went up on the staff and to them I was just someone complaining. I was able to get a 1pm check out during this time. I then went to the breakfast area and saw a coffee cup with the words TIPS ARE APPERICATED on it. Again I have never stayed at a hotel that asks for tips. When I left I asked the staff if this was brand standards and was told that the hotel had the choice to do this or not. I was also told and I will quote you by the front desk clerk that "TIPS ARE APPERICATED BUT NOT REQUIRED". I then left thinking that how could you require anyone to give you a tip at a hotel. Yes I have left there tips for housekeeping if I stay more than one night but I have never saw a request for it. I felt like there was a expectation for something that is not required. Prior to my stay and after my stay I looked at the reviews. I stayed here based on the recommendation of Choice reservations. I must say that if you look at any review that is not in a positive light for the hotel they never admit that yes we made a mistake with this guest or reservation. it almost seems like there responses are scripted. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 227. It is a end room and is next to the ice machine.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Becky S, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Michael, although you feel that every response is scripted, we do read every review and respond personally, addressing any concerns or comments of the guest. If you had spoken to our management privately, we could have discussed with you how we could make you feel better about your stay. We go to great lengths is a guest speaks to us in person about their concerns.

Regarding your dislike of the tip envelopes, these are actually common in most hotels and are provided for in the brad standards. There is no expectation of the tip. They are simply provided if the guests wishes to leave one. I will pass on your comments about the tip jar in the breakfast area and that is optional. However, the hotel owner previously agreed to leave this out as a way for guests to provide a tip if they felt inclined to leave one.

We understand that you had not stayed at a Sleep Inn hotel before. We believe that if you tried other hotels within our brand or within the same price range, you would find ours to be of better quality and value comparatively. This is why we maintain a 4-5 star guest rating across the board. We hope that if you return again, we can provide you a better experience.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Great stay, and the lady behind the desk around 7 pm on Nov 9th was excellent and helped me reserve a room when the silly Choice Hotels web site had 'temporarily' suspended my account again. I am beginning to think the computer wants me to stay at another chain!

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage (my wife is high maintenance) the cart are a plus!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about our Sleep Inn & Suites of Ocala-Belleviw hotel. We are so pleased that our staff could help to make your reservation when the online booking engine was having technical issues. We always prefer if a guest calls the hotel directly as we can offer them all of our room types and answer any questions they may have about the area and our hotel. Thank you again.
Plaistow, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Staff extremely friendly and accomodating, given welcome bag and toiletries w/o asking, grounds and pool well kept, breakfast attendant very pleasant and helpful, will recommend to friends for sure and hubby will be back for museum tour next door on next visit! Thank you!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your review of our Sleep Inn & Suites of Ocala-Belleview. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our goodie bags. We give these out to our honored Choice Privilege members to say thank you for being a part of our program. We sure appriciate your membership. We hope you and your husband can come back someday and visit Don Garlits Museum next door that you mentioned, It is a great attraction. Thanks!
Wesley Chapel, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is the first time my husband and I stayed at this Inn. We were in town for the car show @ Don Garlits. The location for this property was very convenient for this purpose. The front desk staff were wonderful, helpful and friendly. Actually, all departments staff were very good. Room was very clean, furnishings were nice, bed was comfortable and even though we were near an exit door, the room was very quiet. We had requested a ground floor room which the Inn accommodated without having to ask a second time. We would definitely stay at this location in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Becky S, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for your review of our Sleep Inn & Suites of Ocala-Belleview. We are so pleased that you got to visit the car show next door. The Don Garlits museum is home to many great events throughout the year including MOPAR, Billetproof, the Corvette Show and so many more. We hope that you may get a chance to visit more of these events in coming years.

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview? Share your experiences!