“Closest to New Orleans cuisine in Ocala” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 377 Restaurants in Ocala
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Ocala
“Closest to New Orleans cuisine in Ocala”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

My parents were visiting from New Orleans and i took them to Harry's. We all thought is was great. Good cajun flavor and favorites. Loved that it was in the square

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Syracuse, NY
“Love it- Our favorite in Ocala!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

We have eaten at Harry's twice, and both times, the food was outstanding. Love the atmosphere, service is great. I would advise going at lunchtime. They offer basically the same menu as dinner, with smaller portions, much more reasonably priced. If you plan to go for dinner, don't miss the Christmas season, with the lights on the square. Quite a treat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Central Mass
“Not Worth the Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

We had high hopes, but the food quality and quantity sinks this place. The atmosphere is nice. The waitress was pleasant, but didn't offer water. When asked she brought a large ice water with lemon. Maybe it's me, but when I'm paying $18 for a fish dinner it should come with a salad. Harry's charges $2.99 for a house salad, which was very fresh. The fish, however, was a huge disappointment. Two of us ordered Mahi, one grilled, one with a crab meat almondine stuffing. Both pieces of fish were cooked properly but tasted dry and grainy, like they were right on the edge of freezer burn. The crabmeat stuffing tasted fishy and the almonds were soggy. I ordered mine with french fries and it came with about a dozen of them. A small McDonalds fries would have had more. My daughter's shrimp scampi wasn't awful, but came swimming in butter. The bill for three with one beer was $80 including tip. I think we would have done better at a TGIFriday's. We won't be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Reopened after renovation

Central Florida
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

I would eat here 5 days a week, if it was an option.

I honestly don't know where to begin, on describing my 2nd favorite restaurant in Ocala, FL.

Harrys is a wonderful dinging experience. I'll first start with location. It's located on the square of downtown Ocala. They have outside dining available, which I reccomend during the winter holidays. You can see all of the lights on the square and the horses pulling carriages walking by. It's quite the atmosphere. The inside makes you feel like you are in New Orleans.

Their food is fantastic. They bring out unlimited bread and butter. Their butter is a garlic butter, that I could eat alone. You can also sit at the booths and high top tables in the bar or you could sit at a booth, on the other side of the restaurant.

Their signature Harry's Hurricane is always a hit, if you like fruity stuff.

My favorite dish is their Louisana Pork Tenderloin. It has this delicious peppercorn sauce on it. It's got a kick to it, so if you don't like spicy, this isn't for you.

Their "Harrys style" wings are fantastic!!! Any trip to Harry's requires their bread and butter, their wings and their tenderloin.

Dessert is amazing. Their banana's foster is crazy delicious!!!

I highly reccomend Harrys if you are in the area. It's location is perfect and the atmosphere is an added bonus, to this fantastic Ocala restaurant!