“Best Calzone in Town” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Sandwiches, Pizza & Pasta
“Best Calzone in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I always enjoy my experience going to Abio's. the restaurant is quaint with personable service. Al, the owner is always happy to see his customers, sharing a laugh and a joke with many who come in. We ordered a large supreme calzone and were not disappointed. My husband and I both ate to the point of being full and even brought home leftovers. The calzone was huge. We look forward to being back to enjoy the delicious food.

“Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Abio's is a small restaurant on state road 200 in Ocala, FL. I have been coming here to eat since I was a little kid. Now married with six children later, I enjoy brining my family here to eat. "Big AL" the owner cooks all the food himself and uses an oven to bake the pizza, not a conveyor belt. He makes the best calzone I've ever had and his pizza is awesome, not greasy like all the chain pizza places around. :)

Tampa, Florida
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stopped here on our drive home - well worth the short drive from I-75. We had pizza, calzones and spaghetti - SO good! It was my son's birthday and they even put "13" in cheese on his pizza! We highly recommend this quaint, old fashion pizzeria.

Ocala, Florida
“Old faithful!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Been going here since I was a kid(don't ask!!) Always good....always!! You're not going to bring a first date here, but you're going to love the food!!

Visited October 2012
Columbus, Georgia
“Great place for everyone.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by on our way to Tampa and glad we did! Our group consisted of a party of 6 with an age range of 7 to 70. No complaints whatsoever. The kids loved watching the the pizza dough being tossed, and I enjoyed looking at the owner's 1980's running pics. Did we really wear those short silky shorts in public ? Geez ! We had pizza, spaghetti, and one member if our group had the ham sub. Everyone was very pleased with their meal. Btw, check the online coupons on their website. Buy one/get one half-price speghetti is a great deal!

• Visited June 2013