“Worst Hotel I've ever seen! ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Palms Inn & Suites

You added Golden Palms Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Golden Palms Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3767 NW Blitchton Road, Ocala, FL 34475 (Formerly Payless Inn and Suites)   |
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
“Worst Hotel I've ever seen! ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Checked in and checked out 30 mins later! Filthy and unsafe! Dirty Walls, dirty curtains, and peep holes busted out. The stairwells had food spilled down them. It appears people live at this hotel but it's not a live-in hotel. Did not feel clean or safe.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

trickery-- it was around 9pm..the sign outside said the rooms were like $49.. but when i went in, the guy said that charge was for certain rooms and those rooms were all taken...so 'my' room charge was $80. well, then, that was funny--because there were maybe 3 trucks and 1 semi in the parking lot... well, so... and then it got worse.
I was new to town... seriously had no idea where I was... It was just dirty. Dirty. I felt like I needed a tetanus shot and penicillin when I left there! good gosh.

Room Tip: Read reviews!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Poor service, staff was horrible, hotel was dirty. The staff was very rude and did not accommodate my basic request on time. I asked for towels and never got them. The room was dirty when I checked in. Every time I called the front desk they were very rude.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Vinemont, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The staff was very courteous and professional. The room we stayed in was very clean and well kept. From the moment when I started my reservastion to the end of our stay was a very pleasant and we will stay there again.

Donna
from Alabama

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I go to Florida every year with my family, this is the first time I have cried. We pulled into what looked like a run down hotel. We turned in the wrong way and got to see the back of the hotel which was half boarded up and there was trash everywhere. I check into my "Executive Double suite" only to find out the only thing that made it executive was a microwave. It was myself, my husband and two sons 14 and 7 and there wasn't even enough room for us to eat in our room. There wasn't even any drawers to unpack, which wasn't a problem really because we felt so unsafe that we took all of our stuff with us every time we left our room. The pictures on line for this hotel were of some beautiful well kept hotel and I have never been so disappointed in a place. They also advertise free breakfast, which turned out to be coffee. The towels had stains on them, luckily we packed out own. I would never stay at this hotel or in this area of Ocala. I have stayed places for have the price and been satisfied with my room. Paying what they charge for this crap hole of a hotel should be illegal.

• Stayed April 2014
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I recently spent a week at the Golden Palms while in Ocala on business. From the time I checked in, until the time I checked out, everyone was so friendly and helpful. The lady that runs the Hotel is just a real sweetheart and you can tell she deeply cares about the guests.

The Hotel is nicely located right off I-75 and Hwy 27 and is convenient to most loacales in Ocala. I was highly satisfied with my stay, have no complaints and will stay there again the next time I am in Ocala. Thanks Golden Palms for making my stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: I got a room inside by the pool and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

They did renovate some rooms , but they really need new linen . I stayed for 3 nights & It was dog or cat hair on my sheets day of arrival . That was disgusting , I reported to front desk & gave me fresh clean ones. It's very ragedy !

• Stayed March 2014