“Wow” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Palms Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Golden Palms Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Golden Palms Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3767 NW Blitchton Road, Ocala, FL 34475 (Formerly Payless Inn and Suites)   |
Ranked #22 of 36 hotels in Ocala
PLANT CITY
“Wow”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was just a place to lay your head. It was dirty the ac did not work all that good . I guess you get what u pay for. The carpet was coming up in the room . It sorrta had a smell to it. The tv sucked come on they could do better then this. The breakfest was a waste of time thats all I can say.

Room Tip: not here it was just bad
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

i've stayed here on several trips. I've never had a negitive experience. The rooms that i've had, have been what i have come to expect (CLEAN).The owners are very accommodating and the staff is very polite and eager to be of assistance I personally prefer the Presidential Suite. Not all rooms are the same.(FANTASTIC) You have choices, Two Room Suites, Jacuzzi Suites, etc. Who else has that??? At unbeatable prices?

(The Truth) Mr. Parker

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Union Springs, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here because there was NO vacancy know where else. The worse mistake of my life! Once you open the door to the room, it will fool you. Once you step in that trash can, you get sick. Bad odor! I had to literally sleep in my clothes, shoes ready to roll. I was on his computer that night and felt something starring at him it was the biggest roach he ever laid his eyes on. It crawled into the dinosaur television. My stepfather pulled the covers back the linen was nasty, the towers were yellow. And the water pressure was disguising felt like it was misty raining! Omg another roach in the bathroom and then comes the nasty continental breakfast. While writing this review it felt like something was crawling on me. Once I called to the front desk , the clerk tried to makeup some excuse that nothing had been reported to her. She tried to out talk me but I told her this place should be CONDEMNED today. if you read any GOOD reviews pertaining to this motel they are written from the EMPLOYEES! The name should be changed to Palms Inn and drop the GOLDEN AND SUITES. And then had the audacity to charge me $139.00 and know damn change back.THE END!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I started working here today and walked out on them without pay. The place is disgusting. My shoes literally peeled from the carpet in many of the rooms. There is no surplus of linen. There is covers missing from the outside of the a/c. Dust could not be controlled. One hour after dusting, all of the rooms cleaned had to be redusted. The rooms do not smell pleasant. The doors on many rooms are old and rusted. The tiki bar is used to store junk and there is old cabinets and all kinds of old junk stacked in hallways. My sense of value would not allow me to contribute to a place that is a dive as this one is.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here on my way down to Florida.
Nice cosy rooms with good wi-fi.
You can park right infront of your room if get a downstairs room by the lobby,which helped me with all my luggage.
The lady at the desk was very polite and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Madisonville, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

After driving for hours and hours, my wife and I and our daughter decided to stop for the night in Ocala on the way to Disney World. It was about 1:30 AM, and finding a motel was proving to be a problem. According to the sign outside there was a vacancy, and to top it off, there was a price on the lighted sign that said Jacuzzi Room $59.00. I didn't care if the room had that feature or not, but the price seemed right. I pulled in, and was told that that was the weekly room rate for that room. Our room on the bottom floor wound up costing about $80. Still not bad, so I didn't argue.

We got to our "beautiful" room on the bottom floor, and the first thing I noticed was the smell of moth balls in the room. There were cracks on the walls, shadows on the walls from where old furniture was taken out, and replaced, the floor was sticky and had marks on it from where old furniture used to be, and a lamp that scared us to touch because it was so broken up we were afraid we would get electrocuted. We were so tired that we decided to stay anyway. We settled in to our brick hard beds and smelly pillows, and fell asleep after tossing and turning.

At about 6:00 AM, we were awoken to the sound of pounding. It turns out that someone was WALKING on the second floor, and it was so loud it sounded like a sledgehammer being hit against our wall. Since we couldn't sleep anyway, my wife decided to take a shower. The water was so cold, she jumped right out, and tried to turn it off. The handle just went around in circles, and the water just stayed on. I finally was able to turn it down a little, but not off.

Tired, shower-less, and hungry, I went to the lobby with my family. I told the woman behind the desk about our horrendous experience, and that I wasn't able to take a shower in our moth ball smelling, sticky carpet, cruddy mess of a room, and she told me that that was a new one on her! She said " I never heard anyone complain about the smell of moth balls". Apparently, all of the rest was normal. I asked for a refund, or at least money off, but was told that it would have to be approved by the manager, and he wasn't in.

My wife and daughter went to get some of the breakfast that was offered (stale pastries and other unappetizing things). I have never been to a place where continental breakfast is served, where the beverages cost money, until now! My daughter wanted water, and I was told that it wasn't free. I finally went back to the room to pack up, and I went online to see if there were any warnings about this place. Wish I would have seen this site beforehand! I went back to the lobby after reading about how people NEVER get their money back, and I told the clerk not to bother having the manager call me because I saw how they have treated others in the past. I decided to do the next best thing; write my own review, and warn other people to NEVER make the mistake of going to this dump.

My wife and I lived in a hotel for about 6 weeks after Hurricane Katrina, and we have stayed in a lot of dumps along the way, but none that compare to this. Someone mentioned earlier that it should be called the "RAT MOTEL". I can honestly say that I didn't see any rats (not that I looked), but I would imagine that they would have left for better accommodations by now. In fact, when I checked in, a pick-up truck was leaving, and the desk clerk said that a man had slept in his truck for awhile. I guess he knew he would have better lodging in his truck than in one of the rooms.

If someone gives this place a glowing review, it's probably because they were homeless, just got out of prison, crazy, on drugs, or they were put up to it by the owner. My guess is the last one.

Room Tip: Like "Fear-Factor"? Stay here!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
yasmin t, Front Office Manager at Golden Palms Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I am sorry that we did not respond to you complain earlier but I did investigating on your complain and did talk to the front desk who was working in the morning and she said that we have a water fountain in the lobby and the vending machine with sodas and water an not free the coffee and the tea does go with the breakfast and yoghurt and orange juice along with the donuts and bagels and cereals are part of the breakfast bar we do have eggs as well on the weekend .
I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay we do have all Serta Mattress and we do not get any complain on the mattress being hard the only phrase I have heard the guest say I slept like a baby.
We can always strive to improve and always try and make your stay as pleasant as possible
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This place was probably a 1950's Holiday Inn (based on design and layout)..............now it is a poor excuse for a place to be called an inn, We paid $139.00 for a room that was the equivalent of some $30.00 a night places we have stayed at.

Why did we pay that much and stay there??? We had been on the road for a long day and had checked several places only to find them full.......our choice was to take what was available or continue stopping at places that were full. We now know why this place had rooms available.

I inquired about a ground level room when checking in.......I was told that I could be "upgraded" for an additional $10.00!!!

And, their "breakfast" was deplorable............my wife peeled a hard-boiled egg and I would not let her eat it.............the egg was shades of light brown and yellow. The coffee was terrible...........we quickly gave up and moved on.

Upon checkout I commented to the manager about the price ................his response was that it was due to the "time of the year"................what a dishonest, gouging, place this is in our opinions.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Palms Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!