“DO NOT STAY HERE!!! BEWARE!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Palms Inn & Suites

You added Golden Palms Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Golden Palms Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3767 NW Blitchton Road, Ocala, FL 34475 (Formerly Payless Inn and Suites)   |
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
Pensacola, Florida
“DO NOT STAY HERE!!! BEWARE!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The photos someone took are dead on. I booked through hotels.com and booking through that company was a huge mistake in iteslf. I cannot even believe this place is not condemned. I booked for 2 nights and refused to even stay there for one night. Lost about 200 dollars to hotels.com when the hotel's price was actually 75 dollars cheaper. How bad is the place? There are open rooms where there is junk, old furniture, and clothing just stacked up like the show "Horders". My "room" had stained sheets, stained carpeting, and a few bugs running around. The shower was disgusting and in need of desperate repair. In addition, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND REGARDLESS OF THE AMOUNT OF NOTICE GIVEN. Anyone who has written a nice review is either a relative or the proprietor. I cannot imagine even a poor refugee taking up shelter here!! I packed it up and hit I-75 to the La Quinta about 5 miles away. Very pleased with that hotel and cheaper, too!

Room Tip: "Nothing"--just stay as far away from this hotel as possible!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Port Charlotte, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in April 2012 and gave it a favourable review - we returned in October 2012 and we still like the Golden Palms - it is not highly impressive from the outside as you drive in but continues to provide very good value - the rooms are clean and comfortable - with microwave and refrigerator - flat panel television built in, comfortable chair and ottoman......the front desk very friendly, efficient and customer service oriented. If you are not happy with your room or your experience, they want to know about it. This is called good public relations! Not an expensive property but worthy...they seem to try harder to please than most!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is the worst hotel I have EVER stayed in!!!!! I travel at least 5-7 times yearly. However 2012 prove to be travel with tears. I suffered the loss of four close family members, all in seven months. The latest being my mother's brother. I called this hotel and asked that if we (me and family all over the US) could block off 10 rooms for the funeral party. Manager asked that all rooms be PRE-PAID and wouldn't honor online prices. Then agrees to the block the rooms until Thursday evening at 5 pm. before the service. My family was charged several different rates $20, $30, and even double the price that was quoted with the block. rooms were all over the hotel not near each other as we requested. No two rooms were even together. Room service completely aweful, they just gave us towels. An aunt from Oklahoma had to ask that they clean her room on the third day. EVERY family member complained, which embarrassed me to no end since I booked it. Ants in two of the 11 rooms we booked, musky mildew smells, OPENED boxes of ceral for guest. We all had to go some where to eat, it wasn't even a decent layout. HORRIBLE!!!!! Go down the street to Days Inn or HOJO anywhere but here. as a last resort..... sleep in your car across the street at the Racetrack Station!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor, the "Remodled Rooms" were the only ones worth mentioning!! T...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I made reservation online, for me and my husband. The first night we could not get to the hotel and when we arrived the next day, they wanted to charge for 10 rooms, which supposedly had done. We said no and they kept looking, but they told us that it was not his fault and that someone had to pay for the 10 rooms. Finally they were erroneous. The room was clean, but smelled musty, pillows very hard, which caused me spasms, the door would not open from the first day we arrived and had to visit the lobby several times for this problem. Breakfast was served early as 9AM, there was nothing.

Room Tip: Go to Howard Jonhson, near to this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

The beds are hard, only a sheet to cover yourself no blankets. The towels were stained & so worn out almost tearing. No house keeping in the 2 nights we were there. The a/c made noise all night sounded like an airplane taking off then would go into a washing machine noise. You could see the patch up paint areas. Totally run down. The breakfast set up was not appealing kind of thrown. We passed & went to Dunkin Donut. Would never stay again

• Stayed September 2012
Boerne, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Don't no where someone got the idea there were parking charges - they even welcome truckers! Enjoyed my stay - very friendly staff. Rooms have a "homey" feel - nice when you are on the road for an extended period.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I had the displeasure of staying here while in town on business. The company paid, so I had no choice.
first off my key wouldn't work so I had to walk back down to the lobby
the desk person acted surprised like I was doing it wrong or something, they even went to try it themselves.
when I finally got into my room the door would get stuck so I would have to kick the bottom to get it open. I finally get settled and I notice I'm getting bit by something over & over first thing that came to mind was bed bugs having seen them in the past I know how to identify them but saw no evidence of bed bugs, whatever it was I couldn't see them, dust mites maybe? The last straw was when I pulled the night stand out to plug in my mobile phone I saw what appeared to be a broken crack pipe!
Ive stayed at some bad places but this place takes the cake i will never stay here again,its just nasty!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Golden Palms Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!