“Nice, clean and cheap with great service. Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Palms Inn & Suites

You added Golden Palms Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Golden Palms Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3767 NW Blitchton Road, Ocala, FL 34475 (Formerly Payless Inn and Suites)   |
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
Pensacola, Florida
“Nice, clean and cheap with great service. Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Driving through Ocala, I just needed a cheap place to catch a few winks. Sign after sign advertised $39 & $49 rooms, but they all looked like decrepit roach motels. Finally, I came upon this place and it was lovely. Yes, it is an older hotel, but it has been very nicely renovated. It was clean inside and out, (my #1 priority), nicely decorated with modern furnishings, and well maintained. My room had a flat screen TV, fridge & fireplace, (seriously, you never see that for $49). The desk staff was very helpful. Honestly, this is the nicest cheap hotel I have ever stayed at, (and believe me, I have stayed at a ton!)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Williamstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

My wife and I go to the Golden Palms several times a year, our grandchidren live near there , and we are always treated like family whenever we stay. the rates are comparable, remember your not staying at the Marriot, the owners have overcome many obsticles and have continued to get thier renovations on tract. The property is very nice, the rooms are very clean, the staff is A plus . We like this place ***** M. Valentine

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I was in town in July 2011 on business and would highly recommend staying at the Golden Palms. The owner makes herself available for customers. The staff is friendly and willing to help. The facilities are beautiful. The overall atmosphere is very comfortable and relaxed.

The room has plenty of space and great amenities; desk, chair, recliner, king bed, tv, etc. There is plenty of storage for clothing in an extended stay (I stayed a week). The vanity area has plenty of space to make yourself at home and the restroom is spacious. Free Wi-Fi anywhere in the hotel, free local and long distance calling from the rooms and onsite guest laundry facilities.

If I am in the Ocala are again I will definitely be staying at the Golden Palms Inn & Suites and will tell anyone I know to stay there as well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Evansville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

i booked online with hotels.com was promised a refrigerator and microwave, when i got there they told me it would be 15 dollars a peice a night. i then i asked for extra towels and they locked me out of my room saying i had to many people. i had 2 rooms and there was 5 people but only 4 towels they also had a pool. we wasn't even there 5 minutes and we saw 2 roaches in our room. when i asked for my money back they told me since i booked online i needed to go back through them , so when i did they took the hotels side i felt they said they had to talk to the manager and that they wouldn't be back till tuesday how convenent since i was leaveing that day. they also say they offer free breakfast thats not true either.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

June 24, 2011. We paid for 1st floor by the pool through Hotel.com. But what we got was an extra $15 a day to be on the 1st floor.(hidden charges) We were supposed to have a frig. and mirocrowave, but THERE WAS NOT ONE!! I had to buy a cooler. Saw a roach last night on our table. No hook on the door, my 4 yr old can get out the door, and pool is right by our room with unsecure latch on pool door. Pool is 9ft deep. My 4 yr old can walk out door and fall in pool easily. I had to ask for a table in the room which they brought to me. Pro: Staff is nice, room was clean. I will never refer this place to anyone though. When I spoke to staff about hidden charges they seemed angry at me. They blamed it on Hotel.com.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

My first intention was to get a hotel with the coupons I had. What got my attention was the price(39.99) on the markie and the display that said hot breakfast. To get an upgrade from the standard room just to have a refrig and microwave, I had to pay $30 more. The room was small(Days Inn would have been bigger). Tried calling the front desk about 11pm, they only answered, after the 20th ring. Didn't find out until we were about to depart, that the hot breakfast was for the other upgrades. If I did get the other upgrades, I would have had to get a coupon from them and go to another hotel to get the breakfast. So, I spent $76, for no kind of breakfast. No, I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: No tip!
Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

we were driving through during spring break and needed a place to stay. We checked in and very pleasently surprised. They have a pool which the kids enjoyed and we upgraded to the suites which were less then most hotel rooms in town but a lot more classier. the two kiddos had a blast and we rested wathcing movies. staff was friendly and the rooms were very nice. Would recommend to anyone wanting a break for a day or two.

Room Tip: upgrade to the suite
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Golden Palms Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!