“RUDE owner's cell phone 352-789-9792” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #254 of 377 Restaurants in Ocala
Ocala, Florida
“RUDE owner's cell phone 352-789-9792”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We (my family) have been patrons of this establishment for years (maybe 5 or 6 years) and overlooked the occasional "got it wrong" mistakes (they usually fixed them) but recently the food quality has decreased, it's usually cool/cold upon delivery, and the last 2 times the orders were grossly incorrect. The staff is unapologetic and quite frankly belligerent. The owner, who called me personally, accused me of not tipping the drivers which is why I get poor food-and promptly hung up on me. What a coward! I suppose an 18-20% tip on a $35.00 check to a driver is "not tipping"! What's appropriate? With all the other Chinese restaurants in town, I suggest finding another one who appreciates your business and acts like a professional establishment with courteous employees.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Ocala, Florida
“Lunch was ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Had the boxed lunch....just wasn't impressed. After having the sushi at Yamato, it's kinda hard to top. After I was done, just felt unfulfilled.

Visited March 2013
Ocala, Florida, United States
“Look close or you'll miss it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

lunch today was different to say the least. Dashed into Wok 'N Roll having a "Honey Chicken" Lencheon special, along with the "Hot N Sour," Soup. Both were very good, surprising for such a little place. Take out of Eat in - but the place only seats about 30 total. Regardless, the meal was fast, Hot, and very tasty.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ocala, Florida, United States
“The food is good but the kitchen is disgusting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have to admit I've lost count of how many times I've ordered food from Wok N' Roll.
They are literally a 5 minute drive from my house and I used to shop at the Publix next to them so it was a frequent stop. The food there is good, I tend to get their General Tsao's Chicken and a couple shrimp rolls. The shrimp and lobster sauce is pretty yummy but I find they usually don't include more than 3 shrimp so it's mostly (imitation of course) lobster sauce which is still very good just by itself. The Moo Goo Gai Pan is great too. The Crab Rangoons need work as they're mostly onions which don't belong with crab and cream cheese in the first place. The Chinese Donuts are amazing but honestly (and I've seen the chef cook them) they're Pillsbury Biscuits deep fried and coated in sugar.

Here's the big negative.
The kitchen is disgusting.

I got the shock of my life once when I accidentally saw inside the kitchen from the back. I almost threw up when I spotted not one, not two but six roaches crawling on the walls. On top of that there was an open box full of egg rolls just sitting on the floor defrosting.
I also stopped by the bathroom and saw the same sort of box the eggrolls were in lying on the floor in the bathroom, don't ask me why but it's the truth.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ocala
“Very good Chinese takeout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The food is good and has a good variety. Hard to find a good Chinese takeout in Ocala, but Wok n Roll is better than the other local places

• Visited February 2013