“Always good and fast” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 377 Restaurants in Ocala
Ocala, Florida
“Always good and fast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

For a chain, they're one of the heathier ones and good and fast. Important when having to run and pick up something every other day!

Visited May 2013

Ocala, Florida
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Generally stop in for breakfast items although the broccoli cheese soup is particularly filling for lunch. The food is fresh, the service accommodating and the store is clean.it is a good value for the fare and I would recommend for a quick stop at other than a fast food place.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Micanopy, Florida
“GOOD "FAST" BUT HEALTHY FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have been stopping for lunch at Panera for over 8 years and know that each eating experience will be a delicious one for me. As a salad eater and raised to have one daily, how good is it that I can come to Panera and have one of many of their great selections. Fresh, cut, diced and tossed the Apple Fujj chicken salad is my selection du jour-- generous cleaned leaves of several lettuces, tomatos, blue cheese crumbles, pecans, rings of purple onion, dried apple slices and topped with real thick slices of white chicken meat makes this a meal! I add the apple instead of the bread and feel totally sated. I know that the calorie count is true too, and ask for the balsamic dressing to be on the side. I have sucessfully lost 45 pounds eating at least once a week at Panera Bread ordering either the Fujji Chicken or the Panera salad, which is lettuce, tomatos, cukes, and onions and all for only 180 calories sans the dressing! When coming to Panera, I know the food will be good, the wait staff friendly, the place clean and my dining experience delightfu.l I would be remiss if I did not mention the very famous Tomato Basil soup-- to die for, it is just not on my diet at this time but soon to come! Thank you Panera for offering healthy alternatives to fast high fat lunch foods!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“OK it depends”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Always enjoy the meals there, but they are somewhat dependent on who is fixing them. Exp. Chicken noodle soup is some time just broth, little chicken, some times they do not stir the good stuff up from the bottom, yes they will get it right if you take it back but a PITA

Visited March 2013
Summerfield, Florida
“Very Disappointing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have had lunch at Panera Bread a number of times and the Turkey Artichoke Sandwich has always been one of our favorites. My wife ordered this sandwich along with a bowl of soup and I ordered the Big Kids Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Bacon and a bowl of soup. It was impossible to find any evidence of artichokes on the Turkey Artichoke sandwich; it used to have large chunks of artichoke which adds greatly to the flavor, otherwise it is just a turkey sandwich. When we asked about it we were told that Panera now uses an artichoke spray. Unbelievable. On my grilled cheese the bacon was almost as sparse although I could see flecks of bacon scattered on the cheese. I didn't ask if it was sprayed on but I think it could have been. The soups were both good but not exceptional. It seems that the quality of food being served by Panera is definitely inferior to what it was in the past. This restaurant has gone from a favorite spot to grab a quick lunch while out shopping to one we will try to avoid.

• Visited January 2013