“LACKING IN PROFESSIONAL SERVICE” 2 of 5 stars

352.433.4328
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Feta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 377 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pine Ave (US 441)
Description: We are located in the historic 'moses building' just across from the downtown courthouse in Ocala Fl. Our location has a lot to offer in the form of character from the large brick and marble white colors that adorn the walls, to the rich wood that frames the inside of the building and the large staircase that reminds visitors of their favorite scene from, 'Gone With The Wind'. Seating is available outside, inside, near a bar, or upstairs, and all of which offers a unique view of either downtown, or the interior of the building. Truly this building carries a lot of character and (we hope) only adds to the ambiance while enjoying your meal.
Ocala, Florida
“LACKING IN PROFESSIONAL SERVICE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The food is good. The service is not. We had reservations made two days out for a table of ten.
We arrived on time and had to wait while tables were arranged and set up (I guess they forgot
we were coming) Our waiter was not trained in service, he could not even describe the Chef's Special for the evening. Only half of the table got bread and that was served without bread plates. We arrived at 5:45, everyone was eating by 6:30 except for me. The waiter apologized and said it was his fault, he messed up the order but he would bring it soon. By 6:50 the rest of my party was almost finished and still no food. I went seeking the manager, he apologized said they were swamped in the kitchen (not my problem) but asked what he could do to make it right. I took a gyro sandwich since I did not have time for a full dinner because my party had theater tickets. He did pay for the sandwich and it was good. No one asked anyone in the party did they want dessert or coffee. They really need to work on service and attitude. Summer is coming and the Snowbirds will be gone and they will need to compete for more
business with fewer people.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“HORRIBLE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were really excited to try Feta when we first heard about them opening. For, we enjoy good authentic food. Though we were very disappointed with the quality of the food. It lacked taste and the pasta we had was burnt. We left saying we would never go back within our own choice. Just this week we were with another couple that wanted to try Feta, so we decided to give it another try. Upon being seated at our table, we notice food stains all over our table cloth. We asked our server if there was another tableor a clean table cloth he could swap this out with. We were told that they were waiting for the clean linens to e delivered. Now let me mention this was a Monday evening around 7 and there were maybe 4 more tables sat in the entire place. So, we sat and had out meal on a dirty table cloth to later see another female server pulling and setting clean linens from the cabinet right behind our table, while we were paying our check. Clearly out server was lazy and had no desire to make his customers happy. Not to mention it is VERY unapealing to have a server with tattoos all over his hands while dining in a place that wants to be somewhat upscale and have servers dress in formal attire. Not even places like Applebee's allow the wait staff to have visible tattoos. Aside from our horrible experience with our server who also lacked any personality and the desire to make his customers happy, which reflected on his tip, the food again was terrible. My tomatoes in my salad were disgusting, I couldn't even pick it up with my fork they were so over ripe. The "fries" that were ordered, which were actually potato chips were RAW! The dressing had no taste at all! There wasn't anything about this meal that was good at all! This will definitely be the LAST time I ever try this place, and I would never recommend it for someone to try. For those of you that consider this "good" Greek food, clearly you have never tried good food. Head down to tarpon springs, the Greek food is far more superior and well worth the drive.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, Florida
“Not bad, just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Came on a weekend and surprisingly no wait. After getting seated I could hear the servers arguing over who was going to take us as they each had 3 tables. Once they figured it out we got drinks and apps relatively fast. Now to me - Greek restaurant= Greek salad, this one was not so great in fact it was the same Greek salad you find at any hole in the wall restaurant. I got the Greek stir fry, which I should have known was a bad idea. My wife got the chicken kebabs, and they were dry and gross. Great atmosphere, great location. Will try again and hope for better results.

Ocala, Florida
“Average But Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We take the several hour drive to Tarpon Springs once in a while for Greek food so we were excited about Feta in Ocala. It was "ok" but not stellar. I had a sampler plate. A friend of ours makes this kind of food from scratch and that is of course the gold standard. It doesn't look or taste as if this is home made...more like freezer section grocery store variety? The Greek salad was good although I am partial to the Tarpon Springs version with potato salad in it! We sat upstairs and the atmosphere is a bit white and pale. Needs a few more pictures...and do we really need a fire extinguisher in front of our table?! For Ocala Feta is a bit pricey. $18 for the sampler platter. The didn't have any soda pop in stock (huh?) so we opted for a $3 glass of green tea. $3? Really? We will probably go again as Ocala doesn't have much of this kind of fare at all, but my overall rating is still just "average." Either that or just wait for the Greek Fest.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando
“Feta's in Ocala, FL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Mmmmm ... "Excellent" ... it is a new restaurant and they are still "making it pretty". A beautiful mural downstairs when you arrive is being painted by an award-winning artist. We sat downstairs because we can't maneuver stairs ... but the server was very attentive and the chef explained different dishes and ingredients. And I can't say enough about the food. This small restaurant should be rated a FIVE STAR restaurant. Try it! You'll not only "like" it ... you'll LOVE it!!

• Visited January 2013