“Old Florida At It's Finest” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Springs Motel

Silver Springs Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ocala
Silver Springs Motel
4121 E. Silver Springs Blvd., Ocala, FL 34470   |
Ranked #19 of 36 hotels in Ocala
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Old Florida At It's Finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I saw the Silver Springs Motel the last time I was in Ocala. It has a name that sticks so I remembered it this time. It is a family owned and run. I was checked in by a very nice woman named Mollie. She said she had something for my "scrapbook" and I was given a postcard of the motel from 1974 that was in an unopened box they had just found! Her son, Robert also runs it. There are very nice and welcoming. The rates are very reasonable and it is loaded with Old Florida charm and character. There is decorative wrought iron on the outside. There are chairs and tables in front of the rooms and a few guests sat out and in the evening. My room had cool retro furniture and a beautiful terrazzo floor. It even had a retro fridge! It reminded me of places my family would stay on vacation in Florida during my childhood. It was updated where it counts like WIFI and a newer TV. It was also very clean. It's less than 2 miles from Silver Springs Park and there are plenty of restaurants, stores and anything you need within walking distance. If you don't like chain hotels or just want something with a homey atmosphere run by very nice people, it's your place. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

OK, I will admit I'm a bit of a hotel snob, travelling a ton for business and usually staying in predictable, up scale chain hotels. So when we arrived at the Silver Springs I had some misgivings. Hotel guests were actually sitting outside their rooms enjoying the night air! We actually had to interact with other guests while schlepping our luggage up the stairs to get to one of the remodeled rooms - oh my! But it also made me realize what we've been missing. The SS Inn is really an amazing place. 1) A family owned business going back to the 50's. 2) Real poured terrazzo floors - beautiful! 3) Little bright-colored-tile 50's bathrooms! 4) Close to the historic Silver Springs and an amazing number of other parks, springs, rivers, lakes, forests

Robert came back from California to take over running the place when his mother couldn't anymore. He has updated some of the rooms and you just want to see him succeed! We'll definitely be back. Next time in Ocala, please give it a try!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

smells a little funny (farm like), nice old lady at the desk. doorlock needs some practice before you can open or close it. little notice; ocala has nothing much to offer, so why go there...
Gail was very nice and helpfull

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Silver Springs Motel? Share your experiences!