“Secret kinda place. ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 393 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Mexican
“Secret kinda place. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I've been to pepe's twice now on visits to Ocala from Georgia. It's very good and the prices are good. Wait staff is always friendly. Hidden in the back of a store off the beaten path... Definitely a locals hangout

Carbondale, Illinois
“Great Authentic Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I'm a big fan of small authentic Mexican restaurants. When I read a prior review that said you have to go through the grocery store to get to the restaurant, I knew this had to be a real authentic place to try, and I'm glad I did! The food was great, the server was nice and I was very satisfied with the meal. I don't want a chain restaurant when I have Mexican, so this was real deal. Glad we found this place!

Ocala, Florida
“OMG....Who'd have thunk it???”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Let's just put it this way......I'll never step foot in El Toreo again!! I'm so glad we heard about this place and ventured out to find it. Not only was it unbelievably good, but after 3 beers and an appetizer, combo platter and a burrito so big she couldn't eat half of it, it was only $28!!! Afterwards you can walk it off while shopping at the store and enjoying authentic items to take home.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ocala, Florida
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is easily the best Mexican food you will find in Ocala. It looks unimpressive on the outside and you have to walk through the grocery section to find the restaurant in the back. This is thoroughly authentic Mexican food. I am hesitant to write this review because I don't want to fight the crowds once word gets out how good this restaurant is. Everyone who knows about this place is a regular repeat customer.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“What a find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This restaurant is located in the back of a Mexican grocery store. The decor is basic, but you can't eat tables and chairs and we came for the food! Some of the menu items were too out there for me (tripe tacos), but there is a solid menu of stuff for the less-than-adventurous. The food is really REALLY authentic, tasty, and VERY inexpensive!!! I had the enchiladas, with a couple of tacos on the side (the sell a lot of menu items single). The beer was also inexpensive. All in all, the six of us ate for under $70! A nice mix of customers, spanish and english speaking. Friendly and welcoming staff, and quick service.

• Visited May 2013