“Great salad bar and ribs!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 360 restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Family Fare, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Sonny's BBQ offers a variety of barbeque meats, including St. Louis Cut Ribs and Sonny's Signature Baby Backs, Pulled Beef Brisket, Pulled and Sliced Pork, Sliced Turkey, and Chicken, all smoked slowly over a hardwood fire. Today, with 126 restaurants in nine southeastern states, Sonny's BBQ is one of the largest, most popular barbeque chains in the country. Our secret? We cook it up slow and serve it up fast and friendly.
The Villages, Florida, USA
“Great salad bar and ribs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you're a big eater, here's your place. I recommend the baby backs opposed to the bigger ribs. The salad bar is wonderful. The house soup is a bit much, a dinner in itself.
a bit too tomatoey for me. Loved everything else.

Visited April 2013

61% Recommend
Ocklawaha, Florida, United States
“Not horrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

It was just average, nothing outstanding here. Service wasnt all that great either. Their sauces are good though.

Visited April 2013
Cordele, Georgia
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great location and Great food. The service was wonderful and fast. The restaurant is in walking distance to hotel

Visited May 2013
Ocala, Florida
“On the contrary . . .”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Based on the reviews here and the fact that we didn't want to drive too far, my wife and I decided to try Sonny's. Frankly, we didn't get a great vibe when our hostess/waitress took our drink order as she escorted us to our table. Thinking it was just a "Sonny's thing", we took our seats in what appears to be a clean establishment, but upon closer inspection, shows evidence of being only given a wipe. The place needs more serious attention. The food: I know what most of the prior reviews say, but my opinion is that this is mediocre BBQ for those who haven't had REAL BBQ. The Chicken & Rib plate I had, as well as the Rib & Brisket that the Mrs.had, were both delivered tepid and tasted like they may have been re-heated more than once. The ribs were meaty and would have been good had they been hot. The chicken was dry. The brisket also. The accompanying Mac & Cheese and Garlic Bread was barely edible. But surprise! The broccoli and beans were actually hot. Under different wattage infra-reds I guess. Still, with the prior reviews I can't understand our experience. Perhaps we just need to sample a different Sonny's location.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
The Villages, Florida
“A delicious meal at a bargain price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Wish we had a Sonny's Barbecue back home in New England. My husband and I always looking forward to a Sonny's on all our trips south. Love their ribs and corn bread.

Visited March 2013