“Country hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 36 hotels in Ocala
A TripAdvisor Member
“Country hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2006

My parents had stayed here while visiting relatives in the area and had to return and book an extra room for my 4 sisters and I. The staff made our stay very comfortable and financially reasonable. They were friendly and made us feel at home. I would love to return and would not hesitate on staying here again.

• Stayed March 2006

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2005

I think the other reviews were written by the hotel's marketing department. My stay was less desireable. Yes the girl at the counter was friendly and the lobby was nice and cozy but the rooms were a whole different story. I thought i was staying at aunt hilda's. Rooms are over worn, used and abused. Then to top things off everything is secured by glue, nails, staples. you are insulted by a sign saying if you "borrow the towels you'll be charged." give me abreak. the towels are so old and worn they should be discarded. we made reservations on spur of the moment because we were told they had one room left. (another marketing technique). i think i was the only one on the floor. if you get the room for 39.00 you've got a bargain. good luck.

• Stayed July 2005
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2005

This hotel is a 6-STAR hotel!!! EVERYTHING about it is PERFECT!!!! From the minute you walk in thru the automatic doors, til you check-out, it was as clean as a whistle! Remember to tip the MAIDS, as they SURE DESERVE IT!!! Homemade cookies at front desk are out-of-this-world, as is the full breakfast with Belgian waffles!!! Pool & hot tub was VERY clean, with right amount of chlorine-not too much & not too little; Front desk staff are VERY PLEASANT & HELPFUL; elevator, besides the automatic front door makes hauling luggage to your room, a BREEZE! Washer & dryer on premises, & are also CLEAN. This hotel despite being convientely located next to I-75, is SUPER-QUIET, & is VERY easy to find! Beds are so comfy AND clean, that we slept like BABIES! The only thing I can write that's a bit negative is, you enter thru a shared driveway with a gas station, that if the hotel is full, you will need to park nextdoor-but the short walk won't kill ANYONE! This is SO MINOR, when compared to this hotel overall, it's really not even worth mentioning. I only did, because someone mentioned it before me, as a negative. Hotel is WELL-WORTH the $$$$. I'm YEARNING TO RETURN!!! I've recommended this hotel to all relatives & friends, & NOW TO EVERYONE ELSE! I'd LOVE to do a commercial for them, but I guess in a WAY, I just DID!

• Stayed March 2005
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2005

I stayed here with my wife and two children. The room was clean, quiet, and the staff was nice. The breakfast was good as well. My only complaint is the location, as you have to turn in and out of a gas station for access and it is confusing.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2004

I stayed here and thoroughly enjoyed my sojourn. The room (a King Suite) made my stay feel comfortable - homey. I loved the heated pool and spa - probably spent more time there then we should have, but it was so relaxing and peaceful after all the kids were gone. The continental breakfast was fantastic -- from make our own waffles to the bisquits and gravy (some of the best I've had anywhere around the world) to the roses on the table when I sat down, I was very pleased. Efficient and friendly check in and check out. I recommend this place. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2004
california
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2004

We had reservations to stay here, and were so disappointed in the hotel that we left and went over to the Courtyard Marriott. The Country Inn is practically on top of the freeway -- so close to the freeway that you have to use the gas station's entrance. Our room had a lovely (!) view of the freeway, had worn out looking furniture, and food both on the floor and on the desk chair. Pull-out sofa bed was horrible. I will say that the woman at the front desk was very pleasant when I said we wouldn't be staying there and she did not charge us anything. If you had a really cheap rate and were only sleeping there one night, it is probably okay, but we were planning on being there several days and wanted a nicer experience.

• Stayed April 2004

Been to Country Inn & Suites Ocala? Share your experiences!