“A wonderful experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
Wellington, Florida, Usa
“A wonderful experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The 1st thing that caught our eye was how clean & uncluttered the lobby was when we arrived. We did arrive earlier than the normal check in time of 3pm and was immediately given a room for myself, my wife & our 2 Dachshunds. The check in clerk "Rachelle" was extremely courteous & knew the rooms, surrounding area for everything we asked about. She did inform us that the rooms were in the process of being renovated but we didn't see an outward sign of any of this. We did notice after inspecting our room that the mattress & TV were brand new. Other renovating hotels should take a lesson from Country Inn as they renovate the rooms a little at a time & the microwave, air conditioner & refrigerator worked. Breakfast had a variety from cold cereal to waffles with fresh in season fruit and numerous coffee & tea choices. The buffet waitress "Timberly" was fast & efficient with keeping everything stocked and we never heard "we are out of that" which in itself is refreshing, saved us some cash for breakfast. The overnight clerk " Fred" was courteous and had the breakfast buffet up before the 7am offical start time which helped my since my dogs go out between 5 & 6 every morning and it was nice to get that 1st cup of coffee. We really enjoyed our 3 day stay taking advantage of the "hot tub" & pool. I would recommend that if you find yourself at the cross roads of rte 200 & I-75 stay at The Country Inn it won't be disappointed. Thank You Donna & Blase with Smokey & Beemer.

Room Tip: The rooms on the south side are away from the highway but the ones facing the highway was very good...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
It is wonderful to hear about your wonderful experience! I am so glad that you felt welcomed and at home and had a comfortable stay! We hope you'll return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I liked the room ,it was very clean the housekeeper was kind.The only problem that we had me and my wife was we didn't know if you guys let the breakfast lady ask for tips. We felt really uncomfortable with her asking for money .I hope you pay more attention .But we had the best weekend thanks to Rachelle

• Stayed July 2014
CarlsonRezidor, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
We apologize for the experience you had with the breakfast staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We would have liked to stay at this hotel. It would have been a whole lot cheaper than the hotel next door. The problem was the air conditioning in the rooms did not work that good . It seemed clean and we could put up with a little noise here and there but to spend all this money and the air is not cooling right that does it for us!

• Stayed July 2014
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
I am so sorry that you did not get the chance to experience our hotel at its best. I do appreciate that you've brought an important maintenance issue to our attention so that it can be addressed right away. I hope you'll return some day and enjoy our accommodations and amenities to see us in a better light.
Archer, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I had made reservations before hand to check into this hotel fast, and easy. Once I arrived, I had to spend approx. 40 minutes in the back of the check in line as there were some issues with a few non English customers. I understand that English may not be the language familiar in the U.S. Anymore..so I patiently waited for the problems ahead of me to be addressed. Meanwhile, my friend and I did enjoy the cold, but soft and delicious cookies made available for free!
Once I was able to get the key to my room, upon going in..I was a tad bit concerned, as for the same price, I could have stayed at the Hampton Inn about two blocks away. I understand this hotel is undergoing some updates, but all it had was a bed, desk, table with lamp, and bathroom. No ice box, no safe for personal items, no other chairs for company to sit in. It as a nice room, so I believe it was park of the new, updated rooms...??? I just don't know for sure. They also gave me a room directly across from a main road I have been on many times, but did not consider it to be a noisy road consumed by cars without mufflers, motorcycles, and loud trucks throughout the night. Therefore, I did not sleep. Mind you, I have slept through tornadoes, and hurricanes with no problem.
Somehow, this place just really generated the noise level higher than I have ever known.
As for the "free breakfast" in the morning..it was great! The staff was wonderful. Linens on the bed were clean, and somewhat soft. The towels were between okay to less than okay..not perfect.
I did to use the pool area, as it was indoors..when I want to cool off from the heat of living in Florida, I want cold water that does not smell of chemicals...out in the sun to get some tan.
Other than these issues, I'm sure you will find this hotel to be a safe place to stay with your family!

Room Tip: I did not ask for room service,,,but they did not have a hair dryer in the room...just a precaution...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
We strive to give you a great experience, and I am pleased to learn that we were able to meet your expectations in many ways; though I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our accommodations and services. Your comments help us to see our areas where we can improve along with our strengths. Thank you for your feedback.
Laurinburg, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My father lived in Ocala and has recently passed. My family and I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites. The staff made us feel right at home. The receptionist Carolyn Placencia made sure we were comfortable and that if we needed anything to make our stay more enjoyable, she saw to it that we would receive it. On top of all that, she took the time to listen to us and to share her condolences with us through her many kind gestures. I will never forget our stay here at Country Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: no problem with any rooms--we had family members in at least eight rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
It's great to hear from you and we're so glad that you enjoyed a five star experience with us! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, our high standards of housekeeping and our friendly and welcoming staff. We look forward to seeing you again!
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Disney. The hotel had an indoor pool which was a plus because a big rainstorm came through. Lots of restaurants and necessary stores, such as drugstores, within a mile. Staff provided a competitive price at the front desk (matched hotels.com). We had two rooms. One room was in excellent condition, the other was showing some wear on the headboard. Both were clean and we'll stocked. Free breakfast in the morning was a plus. Overall, a great hotel and definitely makes me want to check out other Country Inn & Suites.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding your most recent stay with us. It means a lot to us that you've allowed us to be such an important part of your family vacation and we thank you for sharing your experience!
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We spent 1 night here on our way home from vacation. It was fine for 1 night, easy to find off the interstate. Rooms were clean and quiet. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was clean, but shower flow was a little slow.

We had stayed here last year and enjoyed the breakfast. This stay the breakfast wasn't as good as we remembered. The eggs were watery, sausage very greasy and the waffle maker didn't work well. The lady working the breakfast area was very nice and did try to be helpful.

We would still stay here again passing through for a night. The price wasn't bad with AAA rate.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and comments regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy the breakfast options, and I want to let you know that we take your suggestions to heart and are reconsidering the available choices. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your loyalty in choosing our hotel and hope you give us a chance to serve you again and experience the improvements we have made.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Ocala? Share your experiences!