“Country Inn and Suites Ocala, Florida” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
Archer, Florida
“Country Inn and Suites Ocala, Florida”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I had made reservations before hand to check into this hotel fast, and easy. Once I arrived, I had to spend approx. 40 minutes in the back of the check in line as there were some issues with a few non English customers. I understand that English may not be the language familiar in the U.S. Anymore..so I patiently waited for the problems ahead of me to be addressed. Meanwhile, my friend and I did enjoy the cold, but soft and delicious cookies made available for free!
Once I was able to get the key to my room, upon going in..I was a tad bit concerned, as for the same price, I could have stayed at the Hampton Inn about two blocks away. I understand this hotel is undergoing some updates, but all it had was a bed, desk, table with lamp, and bathroom. No ice box, no safe for personal items, no other chairs for company to sit in. It as a nice room, so I believe it was park of the new, updated rooms...??? I just don't know for sure. They also gave me a room directly across from a main road I have been on many times, but did not consider it to be a noisy road consumed by cars without mufflers, motorcycles, and loud trucks throughout the night. Therefore, I did not sleep. Mind you, I have slept through tornadoes, and hurricanes with no problem.
Somehow, this place just really generated the noise level higher than I have ever known.
As for the "free breakfast" in the morning..it was great! The staff was wonderful. Linens on the bed were clean, and somewhat soft. The towels were between okay to less than okay..not perfect.
I did to use the pool area, as it was indoors..when I want to cool off from the heat of living in Florida, I want cold water that does not smell of chemicals...out in the sun to get some tan.
Other than these issues, I'm sure you will find this hotel to be a safe place to stay with your family!

Room Tip: I did not ask for room service,,,but they did not have a hair dryer in the room...just a precaution...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, FL, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
We strive to give you a great experience, and I am pleased to learn that we were able to meet your expectations in many ways; though I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our accommodations and services. Your comments help us to see our areas where we can improve along with our strengths. Thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Laurinburg, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My father lived in Ocala and has recently passed. My family and I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites. The staff made us feel right at home. The receptionist Carolyn Placencia made sure we were comfortable and that if we needed anything to make our stay more enjoyable, she saw to it that we would receive it. On top of all that, she took the time to listen to us and to share her condolences with us through her many kind gestures. I will never forget our stay here at Country Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: no problem with any rooms--we had family members in at least eight rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, FL, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
It's great to hear from you and we're so glad that you enjoyed a five star experience with us! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, our high standards of housekeeping and our friendly and welcoming staff. We look forward to seeing you again!
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Disney. The hotel had an indoor pool which was a plus because a big rainstorm came through. Lots of restaurants and necessary stores, such as drugstores, within a mile. Staff provided a competitive price at the front desk (matched hotels.com). We had two rooms. One room was in excellent condition, the other was showing some wear on the headboard. Both were clean and we'll stocked. Free breakfast in the morning was a plus. Overall, a great hotel and definitely makes me want to check out other Country Inn & Suites.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, FL, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding your most recent stay with us. It means a lot to us that you've allowed us to be such an important part of your family vacation and we thank you for sharing your experience!
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We spent 1 night here on our way home from vacation. It was fine for 1 night, easy to find off the interstate. Rooms were clean and quiet. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was clean, but shower flow was a little slow.

We had stayed here last year and enjoyed the breakfast. This stay the breakfast wasn't as good as we remembered. The eggs were watery, sausage very greasy and the waffle maker didn't work well. The lady working the breakfast area was very nice and did try to be helpful.

We would still stay here again passing through for a night. The price wasn't bad with AAA rate.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and comments regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy the breakfast options, and I want to let you know that we take your suggestions to heart and are reconsidering the available choices. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your loyalty in choosing our hotel and hope you give us a chance to serve you again and experience the improvements we have made.
Columbus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Wife and I stayed here for 3 days and was very satisfied. Even thought it is on a very busy corner of the Interstate, the room was very quiet. The beds were advertised as new and they slept better than ours at home!! lol The breakfast was very good and very well laid out. The staff was super nice and very helpful with directions and questions. Only drawback is getting in and out of the motel and the strong smell of chlorine from the pool, which we did not smell once we were in our room. . You have to go out and go to the stoplight and do a U turn sometimes. Not a big deal if you have a small car. Will still stay there again on our next trip to Ocala.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, FL, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! It is heartwarming to hear of how our efforts to give you a great experience, filled with hospitality, comfort and convenience have been successful. We appreciate your loyalty and we are looking forward to your next visit!
Stein, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Rooms were nice and clean. We just missed a chair, so one of us had to sit on the bed the whole time. They did not replace the shampoo etc.
Breakfast was enough, breakfast lady was very friendly.
Hotel was good for the price we paid. We paid $ 60 by priceline.
Exit to road was a bit strange .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, FL, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
We appreciate you giving your feedback about your recent experience in our hotel. It is very important to us to make sure that every guest enjoys a comfortable and accommodating experience with the best service and value. Your comments and suggestions will help us to recognize our strengths and improve upon our weaknesses. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Perry
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The staff that checked us in was very kind and helpful!

When entering the hotel you are greeted with a strong chlorine smell due to an indoor pool. Then as others have stated in their reviews....there are pets in the hallway and obviously in the rooms. The room smelled awful and I was so glad to have my antihistamine and eye drops! Very miserable stay, so happy to leave!

Really one star is too much!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, FL, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind compliments to our staff and for the time you've taken in sharing the details of your most recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you suffered from the inconvenience of pet allergies and I want you to know that we are continuously working to improve the guest experience for everyone. Your feedback helps us in this mission and we thank you again for sharing.

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, FL? Share your experiences!