“Convenient, clean, and great service!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
“Convenient, clean, and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Staff was very helpful in locating my two rooms next to one another. This hotel was very clean, quiet, and friendly. We enjoyed our stay and all members of the staff were professional and helpful. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel when traveling through Florida.

Stayed June 2013
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
The comfort and satisfaction of our valued guests means so much to us, and to be able to ensure it without fail is our primary goal. We truly appreciate the time and the effort you gave to share to us your positive experience. To hear that we have served you well is rewarding enough for us already. Thank you for your kind recommendation, and we wish to let you know that your heart-warming feedback, serves as an inspiration for us to further excel in the delivery of our services. We hope to see you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Lydia and Lorry were wonderful when I called for modifications to my reservation and also during check-in. Breakfast was great and we slept fine (our party had three different rooms) regardless of interstate traffic.

I have a personal note to the couple who lost their room on their wedding night. Believe it or not, the same thing happened to my wife and I in Savannah approximately 22 years ago. I know it still hurts now, but it will make an interesting story in a few years. Everybody makes mistakes. If we were perfect, no one could afford us. Consider it a good omen....my wife and I have had 22 of the most wonderful years any couple could hope for. I hope y'all will be as happy as we are. Enjoy the ride....

Room Tip: Ask Lydia for help....she will do a great job.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
We truly bank on giving our guests the best service they deserve and we ensure that we go above and beyond what is needed, for you to notice and appreciate all our hard work is indeed heart-warming and very inspiring. Thank you for making the effort to share to us your valuable feedback. We couldn’t be more pleased to know that we are doing a great job in making our guests happy. May you have wonderful years ahead and many more milestones of laughter and joy to share as a family. We certainly hope that we could be of service to you again very soon.
Sandy Hook, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel is, at best, average. Average employees, average sized room, average continental breakfast. The hotel has bathroom fixtures that are probably 50+ years old which made it very difficult to figure out how to get an "average" temperature shower.

This hotel has no restaurant and don't bother bringing back leftovers because unless you have a suite (or whatever the room type was called that I got moved to after I called Club Carlson to find out why, as a gold member I could not get a refrigerator in my room to keep all the food I had just brought back from the publix in) there isn't anywhere to keep it.

I am not sure why these hotels don't bother to tell you ahead of time whether you will get a refrigerator or not and I don't see why it's too much trouble to put one in all the rooms, or, at the very least tell you when you make the reservation you won't have one.

The location is okay in terms of it being right off the highway, but it's inconvenient if you plan on coming and going as there are no easy u-turns.

The employees just don't seem to be very motivated. Some hotels greet you with smiles and ask you how you are and ask if you need anything but this is not one of those. When I asked about getting a refrigerator I was told "only the suites have them" but yet the room I was moved to that had one was clearly not a suite. I'm not sure what the motivation is to lie about the rooms and in the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world, but this person could have chosen to take care of my problem instead of blowing me off.

I cannot say whether I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
It is with utmost sincerity that we extend our apology for falling short in meeting your expectations following your recent stay with us. It has always been our goal to give our clients the value for their money, while giving them a comfortable and pleasant experience to remember. Our aim is to serve you well, and for that we apologize if we clearly failed to do so. There will be an escalation of this issue, and you can be assured that we will further discuss this very important matter in order to address the concerns you raised with regards to the entire service in total. We hope that we may be given the chance to serve you again, and give you a far better experience next time.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Usually try to stay at Country Inn suites when possible. This was a one night stay on way to Orlando. The hotel was not up to par with other Country Inns Suites I have stayed at before. Property is hard to get to from Interstate. Room was a little run down could use a remodel. Bed was ok room was clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for giving us a chance to improve and excel in the delivery of our services by bringing your concerns to our attention. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to write us a feedback, and we thank you for sharing to us your experience while staying with us. We wish to let you know that your voice has been heard and we are deeply sorry if we fell short in meeting your expectations. Rest assured that we will definitely try our hardest to tend to the hotel condition in total. We continually seek to give our guests the best service there is to offer. We sincerely hope that we may be able to provide you a far better experience should you wish to stay with us again next time.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The hotel was very clean, New comfortable beds and New large flat screen TV. We got in late, around 11:30 after just making the reservation a couple of hours earlier. So we ended up with the last room that they had available. It was an excelent room. We only spent one night and was on the road again in the am, so we did not try out the pool and hot tub, but they do have one. Also have great HOT breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
The very positive feedback you gave following your recent stay is indeed heart-warming; it is because of guests like you that we aim to challenge ourselves in constantly improving the services we offer. It is our goal to not only attend to the needs of our guests but also find ways to offer a comfortable place to stay in while giving them the best value for their money. Thank you for being such a great inspiration to drive us to succeed. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

This place is in a fantastic location. Near shopping malls, restaurants, stores etc.. I arrived to the hotel and found it's overall appearance very pleasant (the Lobby anyway). It had a very cozy feel, with complimentary cookies at the door. I arrived to my room (a 1 bedroom king suite) and was immediately taken back. The room was very dark, even with all the lights and lamps on. Mind you it was daytime, and the shades were open. The furniture and linens looked very worn and dated. The carpet, covered with old spots and stains. The room in itself was very small for a "king suite."But let me get past the size and decor.. once I really settled into my room I noticed the carpets hoarding an overwhelming amount of dust. I could literally pick up chunks of dust bunny's with my fingers. A simple pass of the vacuum would pick this up, but clearly this room hadn't been taken care of in a while. I went on to inspect the rest of my room, where it got much worse. My findings: Broken furniture handles, slap stains on carpet and doors, dust covered dresser tops, stained lamp shades. I was shocked to find pieces of burnt food sitting in my microwave, calling with food slapper all among the inside. Chipping paint everywhere (with possible lead, judging by the age if the building)this concerned me as I had a 2 year old with me. Upon finding these disgusting atrocities, I snapped pictures on my phone and brought them to the front desk immediately to cancel my reservation and check out, just 3 hours after checking in. Management was nowhere to be found, and the front desk clerk offered to move me to a "cleaner room" to which I declined.. (how clean could the rest of the hotel really be?) ..and said I would really just like to spend the night somewhere else. She went ahead and cancelled my reservation, but didn't have the best attitude about it. She barely seemed concerned for the state in which I found my room. My overall review for this hotel is, gross. Just gross. If you want a clean, comfortable and inviting stay DO NOT book here.

• Stayed May 2013
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
It brings us utmost pleasure to receive constructive feedbacks from our valued guests. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to bring important matters to our attention. We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences incurred during your visit to our hotel. We appreciate the remark you gave with how our staff services have been, and for raising the issues with regards to room cleanliness and sanitation in total. Rest assured that your voice has been clearly heard and we will work hard to address the concerns you have mentioned. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to further improve in the delivery of our services. We hope that we may be able to give you a far better experience should you visit us again next time.
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Staff member Dawn and manager Lydia Capote went over and beyond to rectify errors caused by price line. the indoor pool makes it perfect to swim all year long. I would like to see breakfast served at 5:30am. Getting into hotel was a bit difficult. Overall I do recommend this hotel if ever in the Ocala, Fl area. This hotel is only 10 miles from silver springs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your very heart-warming feedback; it gives us immense pleasure to know that we have met your standards with great satisfaction. We are also very grateful that you chose to stay with us and even appreciated the hard work we put into making the hotel a comfortable place to stay in. To hear your positive comments regarding the liking you have for the indoor pool, as well as specifically commending the staff services, is enough to motivate us to maintain and further improve the quality of service we’ve offered to our valued guests. We hope to see you again very soon.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Ocala? Share your experiences!