“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Usually try to stay at Country Inn suites when possible. This was a one night stay on way to Orlando. The hotel was not up to par with other Country Inns Suites I have stayed at before. Property is hard to get to from Interstate. Room was a little run down could use a remodel. Bed was ok room was clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for giving us a chance to improve and excel in the delivery of our services by bringing your concerns to our attention. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to write us a feedback, and we thank you for sharing to us your experience while staying with us. We wish to let you know that your voice has been heard and we are deeply sorry if we fell short in meeting your expectations. Rest assured that we will definitely try our hardest to tend to the hotel condition in total. We continually seek to give our guests the best service there is to offer. We sincerely hope that we may be able to provide you a far better experience should you wish to stay with us again next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The hotel was very clean, New comfortable beds and New large flat screen TV. We got in late, around 11:30 after just making the reservation a couple of hours earlier. So we ended up with the last room that they had available. It was an excelent room. We only spent one night and was on the road again in the am, so we did not try out the pool and hot tub, but they do have one. Also have great HOT breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
The very positive feedback you gave following your recent stay is indeed heart-warming; it is because of guests like you that we aim to challenge ourselves in constantly improving the services we offer. It is our goal to not only attend to the needs of our guests but also find ways to offer a comfortable place to stay in while giving them the best value for their money. Thank you for being such a great inspiration to drive us to succeed. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This place is in a fantastic location. Near shopping malls, restaurants, stores etc.. I arrived to the hotel and found it's overall appearance very pleasant (the Lobby anyway). It had a very cozy feel, with complimentary cookies at the door. I arrived to my room (a 1 bedroom king suite) and was immediately taken back. The room was very dark, even with all the lights and lamps on. Mind you it was daytime, and the shades were open. The furniture and linens looked very worn and dated. The carpet, covered with old spots and stains. The room in itself was very small for a "king suite."But let me get past the size and decor.. once I really settled into my room I noticed the carpets hoarding an overwhelming amount of dust. I could literally pick up chunks of dust bunny's with my fingers. A simple pass of the vacuum would pick this up, but clearly this room hadn't been taken care of in a while. I went on to inspect the rest of my room, where it got much worse. My findings: Broken furniture handles, slap stains on carpet and doors, dust covered dresser tops, stained lamp shades. I was shocked to find pieces of burnt food sitting in my microwave, calling with food slapper all among the inside. Chipping paint everywhere (with possible lead, judging by the age if the building)this concerned me as I had a 2 year old with me. Upon finding these disgusting atrocities, I snapped pictures on my phone and brought them to the front desk immediately to cancel my reservation and check out, just 3 hours after checking in. Management was nowhere to be found, and the front desk clerk offered to move me to a "cleaner room" to which I declined.. (how clean could the rest of the hotel really be?) ..and said I would really just like to spend the night somewhere else. She went ahead and cancelled my reservation, but didn't have the best attitude about it. She barely seemed concerned for the state in which I found my room. My overall review for this hotel is, gross. Just gross. If you want a clean, comfortable and inviting stay DO NOT book here.

• Stayed May 2013
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
It brings us utmost pleasure to receive constructive feedbacks from our valued guests. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to bring important matters to our attention. We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences incurred during your visit to our hotel. We appreciate the remark you gave with how our staff services have been, and for raising the issues with regards to room cleanliness and sanitation in total. Rest assured that your voice has been clearly heard and we will work hard to address the concerns you have mentioned. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to further improve in the delivery of our services. We hope that we may be able to give you a far better experience should you visit us again next time.
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Staff member Dawn and manager Lydia Capote went over and beyond to rectify errors caused by price line. the indoor pool makes it perfect to swim all year long. I would like to see breakfast served at 5:30am. Getting into hotel was a bit difficult. Overall I do recommend this hotel if ever in the Ocala, Fl area. This hotel is only 10 miles from silver springs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your very heart-warming feedback; it gives us immense pleasure to know that we have met your standards with great satisfaction. We are also very grateful that you chose to stay with us and even appreciated the hard work we put into making the hotel a comfortable place to stay in. To hear your positive comments regarding the liking you have for the indoor pool, as well as specifically commending the staff services, is enough to motivate us to maintain and further improve the quality of service we’ve offered to our valued guests. We hope to see you again very soon.
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

INCREDIBLY friendly and helpful staff. Miss Carolyn at the front desk gave us great recommendations for restaurants and shopping and had a great sense of humor. Tina was super polite and held the elevator for us anytime she was getting off and we were getting on.

Room Tip: We rented three rooms, all of which were quiet, clean, comfortable, and smoke free.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we are more than happy to hear that we’ve given you a great experience to remember. We are pleased to know that we have successfully shown you just how dedicated the entire staff is to give our valued guests the best service they deserve. Your positive feedback regarding the good and comfortable stay you experienced brings us great joy knowing that we have met your satisfaction. Rest assured that we will try our best to aim higher than high in giving you the best service there is to offer. We thank you for your suggestions and we look forward to seeing you again
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I booked my hotel with hotwire.com which I had never done before so I was a little skeptical. From even before I got to the property Dawn was very helpful and continued to be throughout the trip. I spent most of my time up late with my kids and Carolyn was such a nice person. I will most definitely stay here again if I'm back in this area and would recommend it to anyone staying in the Ocala area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
We are happy to know that we were able to serve you satisfactorily during you stay here. We highly appreciate that you took the time to share to us your wonderful experience. Your comment regarding our very reliable and helpful staff is indeed very heart-warming and inspiring. To know that we have done an excellent job in serving our valued guests is enough to motivate us do so much more in the days to come. We couldn’t wait to be of service to you again soon.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed here for a night away with another family. Both of us have a little boy. It was PERFECT for this! The front desk staff was accommodating in putting us in rooms next to each other. The rooms were clean, and also were big enough for all of us to hang out together for the evening and play games. We spent alot of time in the pool and hot tub. It was clean and nice. After a great night, they sent us on our way with a very good (and free) breakfast. It's right on the highway, so would be a great place to stop for the night on your way through.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We thank you for the time you took to write us your feedback. We are pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations; rest assured that we will constantly aim to outdo the quality service given to our guests the next time they return. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the comfort the place has brought you, the notice you gave to the hotel staff services offered has motivated us to do so much more so as to keep our valued guests happy. We look forward to seeing you soon.