“Decent accomodations, great location.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #20 of 36 hotels in Ocala
Orlando
“Decent accomodations, great location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the last past months because I used Priceline Name your own price and got a good rate. The hotel is a 2 1/2 star hotel and I would say the rating is valid, eventhough its not as nice as some other hotels rated the same. The room was in pretty good condition and clean, though they could use some updating. The staff and housekeeping are friendly and do what they can to accomodate your needs. The hotel also offers free breakfast which is a plus. Rooms are a little small and do not include fridge or microwave in there. One good thing is that hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub. Close to food and shopping. For the money its not bad price but I would never actually pay the rate the hotel charges on their site to stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We appreciate the effort you gave to write us your feedback. We are happy that you find our hotel clean and with a friendly and reliable staff. Thank you for pointing out the areas that needed improvement, rest assured that we would assess and evaluate such matters accordingly. We will continually seek excellence and give our guests the value for their money. We hope that you visit us again soon.

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were just passing through for 1 night and wanted a nice but reasonable place to stay for the night. I should have known when we pulled up to the hotel in the early evening and there was only 1 car in the parking lot that this was not a good choice. The front desk gentleman that checked us in was indifferent at best. He was out in the parking lot when we pulled up talking to a disreputable looking guy and seemed a bit irritated to have to do actual work. We were placed in a room right next to the elevator which I thought would be a problem, but we never heard any noise from it. The room when we entered seemed a little dreary, and they still have the old-fashioned tv's, which isn't a big deal just something that should be updated. The handle to the toilet in our room was broken and it was difficult to flush. When we told the front desk guy about it, he just said he would let the maintenance guy know the next day. The hot tub was dirty when we used it, and everything just seemed run down. In the morning we were disappointed in there breakfast, it was not very good. The bread items were stale and the orange juice was horrible. Definitely would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Had a room not facing the highway, don't know if the other rooms would be noisy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
We are so extremely unhappy to hear of the challenges that you experienced while visiting our hotel. It is our goal that each guest leaves satisfied with their stay. Please know that your comments have been heard and we are working very diligently to ensure that this situation does not happen again. We hope that the next time that time you are in our area, you will return to see that we have been able to make changes to exceed your expectations.
Panama City Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We got this hotel on Priceline & it wasn't anything to write home about but there was also nothing to complain about either. The room was on the small side & was a bit muggy even with the a/c going, but it was clean and serviceable for our family of 4 to stay in for one night. The staff was pleasant enough, but not exceptional. Great location near the mall, shopping and restaurants. The freee breakfast buffet was good & had a nice variety of hot and cold items.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We are thankful for the time you took to write us your feedback. The points you raised challenged us to do so much more to surpass your great expectations. The comments regarding our hotel staff services, room accommodation and facilities, as well as the served breakfast will be closely evaluated so that we can make the necessary improvements to cater to the wants and needs of our valued guests. We encourage that you visit us again in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

We arrived and checked in when we went to room the pet smell was horrible !I have never stayed in a country inn and suites that smelled .I travel with my pets and we always pay a pet fee apparently this country inn doesn't use there pet fees to have the rooms clean. The Covers on the bed were dirty. The carpet was stained bad.my little yorkie kept finding trash in the room . I will not ever stay at this country inn and suites again !

• Stayed July 2012
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
I am so sorry to hear of the problems that you experienced while at our hotel. It is always our goal to have every guest leave satisfied with their experience. Please know that all of our guest comments are taken seriously and we are working to ensure that they do not happen again. Again, please accept my more sincere apologies for the issues that you experienced.
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We decided to do a quick getaway and found a great deal on a Whirlpool Suite at the Country Inn and Suites not even an hour from our house. We arrived around 1:30pm and the staff was fantastic. They allowed us to check in early and our room was wonderful. They have a great indoor pool and jacuzzi that we took advantage of. The staff made sure there were plenty of towels and were very friendly. We inquired with the Manager, Nick Patel about the conference room as we are looking at places for meetings for our business. Nick was great and showed us all the wonderful features and gave us his card for any further assistance.

The room had a great IN-ROOM jacuzzi tub that we very relaxing. The room had a nice king bed with plenty of pillows and a very heavy duvet that kept us very comfortable. There is a full bathroom with a tub/shower combo. The room had a microwave and refrigerator as well.

The hotel is located right off I-75 and is within walking distance of several restaurants including Chili's, El Toro and more!

Breakfast at the Country Inn and Suites is the best hotel breakfast we have had in a long time. They served Hot Oatmeal, Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Sausage Gravy, Hot Biscuits, Cereals, fruit and all kinds of breads. Of course, good coffee and OJ and Cranberry juice (a nice change). The young lady working in there kept everything well stocked and was very nice. We
would stay here again anytime!

Thank You to all the staff for a wonderful getaway!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
We are happy to know that we were able to serve you satisfactorily during your getaway stay here. We highly appreciate that you took the time to share to us your wonderful experience. Your comments regarding our very reliable staff, hotel room amenities and facilities, as well as the hotel breakfast is indeed very heart-warming and inspiring. To know that we have done an excellent job in serving our valued guests is enough to motivate us do so much more in the days to come. We couldn’t wait to be of service to you again soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Arrived in a storm late at night. Young man at de desk pleasant. Gave me Internet code and I went up. Opened door. Closet consisted of alcove so close to door opening that it was hard to roll luggage cart into room - especially since kitchen consisted of a piece of furniture with a microwave and tiny frige about one foot further into the room. Also coffee pot. Directly across from that was the bathroom door so if you used the micro you got a full view of the commode. No door on closet so when you closed the room door your clothes swung out and if you were not careful to tuck them back into the closet they got caught in the door (I said it was close!) bathroom large and clean.
Step into the room and lots of space. Nice living area with couch and table with Internet set up. Bedroom area large and airy. Wierd stain on couch. I wouldn't sit on it. Carpet in both areas stained. Wore shoes. Old tv. Bed clean but bleach spots on spread. Bedding clean. Went to use Internet for work and the kid at the desk gave me incorrect log in. Called and no one available that could help.

Next AM had to go to meeting. Grabbed cup of coffee in lobby. Put on paper lid provided. Told desk FedEx was coming the next day. Walked out to car. Looked at top of coffee cup. Some kind of bug droppings on lid. Threw it out. Couldn't check out because of FedEx coming next day that I could not change or retrieve until too late to check out the next day either. Next night retrieved FedEx and told them checking out next day. Told them needed bill ready or I'd be late for work. Room pre-paid on company AmEx and no extra charges. They said ok.

Next AM no bill under door. Went to desk and took them 20 minutes to pull up bill and then had to ask for my copy. Woman asked why leaving. I told her about dirty room and she was nasty. I was really trying to be pleasant and was careful that no customers were at the desk to hear. Not even an apology - just "I've never had a complaint about that room before.". DON't GO THERE!!!

• Stayed June 2012
We appreciate the candid comments you’ve shared to us, as hearing your inputs regarding our services is very important to us. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences incurred during your stay. We will closely assess and evaluate our hotel room condition and facilities, and staff demeanor, so that we may provide prompt and necessary actions to it. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and we hope that you will reconsider staying with us again.
Deltona, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

WOW. This hotel was on the list of approved hotels my company provided for business travel. I've stayed at several Country Inn & Suites and had superior visits (stayed at 1 2 weeks ago). When I saw it I looked no further. Obviously they haven't reviewed their list since 1980.

Entrance was difficult - tricky through gas station. I had a great parking spot right by front door. Check in was quick & clerk (Theodora) was extremely polite & pleasant. I enjoyed speaking with her.

Hotel smelled funky. Carpet dirty throughout. My room was street facing and was extremely noisy with interstate being right there. Bathroom had hair on floor. Duvet on bed was nasty. Stains & white hair. I had to sleep fully clothed in socks, jeans & a sweatshirt to limit exposure to the room elements, I left my room (while still light out) to go to lobby for coffee. Creamer was chunky & yellow. I gagged looking at it.

I was going to write this review last night, as I was thoroughly disappointed, but decided to wait until today. Glad I did. This morning in the shower I noticed a pile of mold on the shower head. That was too much for me. I quickly decided to checkout and rest (yes, REST) in my car.

I give the ranking Poor vs Terrible, as the clerks that assisted me last night & this morning were all very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the street. Noise is terrible.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
We would like to extend our appreciation in taking time to write us your feedback. We are however deeply sorry for we fell short on your expectations. Your concerns regarding the hotel room condition will surely be put into meticulous assessment, and be given prompt actions without delay. Thank you for the appreciation you gave towards our staff services, we will do our utmost to attend to your needs at all times. The opportunity you gave for us to improve means a lot to us, we hope that we may serve you again in the future and give you a far better experience.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Ocala? Share your experiences!