“"Rude Cell Phone Girl"” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 36 hotels in Ocala
O'Brien, Florida, United States
“"Rude Cell Phone Girl"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had made reservations with the 800 service and they assured me that there would be parking for my Pickup and Trailer. But when I went to the lobby, the young girl behind the desk was chatty on her cell phone. Not wanting to be rude, I waited for her to stop talking. Thinking she would hang up and give me her full attention, she didn't and asked me what I needed and she continued to have a conversation with the person on the cell phone and me at the same time. (HOW RUDE). I told that I had reservations and that I couldn't find a place to park. She never hung up the cell phone the whole time I was there. However, I didn't stay here because there wasn't enough parking. But if I were the motel owners, I would fire this nite time staff.

Room Tip: Stay at the Howard Johnson Inn... Very friendly and helpful staff here.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our usual hotels in Ocala were booked up, presumably for the University of Florida football game in nearby Gainesville. So we found this hotel. It was fairly new, clean and the beds were very good. No hot breakfast but what was offered was pretty good. It is a little off the beaten path so no full service restaurants close by. Overall, it was well worth the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lima Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Such a nice hotel the lady at the front desk made cookies for us it was very lovely everything is within walking distance went for a walk to McDonald's took about five minutes wasn't bad for it being around the football season

• Stayed October 2012
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

After a long drive alone, I needed somewhere safe, clean and a good value. I was welcomed and made to feel like a VIP,I slept great feeling relaxed and able to take on the next day. This motel is my choise when at the horse events in Ocala.

• Stayed May 2012
Cape Coral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Nice room, extra clean, quiet. Pool and exercise room. Iron and ironing board, hair dryer in room. Wifi. We needed a restful place to stay after a long day at Disneyworld so we drove to Ocala and the Red Roof Inn fit our needs. Continental breakfast offered a large assortment of food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Timmins, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our stay was very pleasant, thanks to Kimberley. She welcomed us at check-in and gave a very good restaurant tip for our dinner that evening. Our room had a fridge, comfortable bed and assess to wi-fi.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a pet-friendly hotel that doesn't charge for pets. I stayed one night there on my way north. The staff was extra professional, the room was clean and quiet. It was a great place to stay and I can't recommend it highly enough. Excellent!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Ocala? Share your experiences!