“Last minute find, but first rate experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn & Suites Ocala
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 NW 40th Avenue, Ocala, FL 34482   |
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
San Francisco, California
“Last minute find, but first rate experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Needed a hotel for a last minute trip to see my parents in the area. I called the top few hotels on TripAdvisor and this one was the one I chose. Glad I did! Jessica at the front desk made my check-in GREAT being very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. She really sold me on this hotel by clearly stating the amenities and really taking pride on this hotel in her voice.

When I got here, that pride was well deserved, The room was -spotless-.... sometimes you can really tell that the staff of a hotel takes pride in their work. This Inn exemplifies that. I will definitely stay here again next time I visit my family.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Check-in and check-out was handled well by two very friendly employees. Received a good price by going directly through the Red Roof website. Parking is plentiful and appeared well protected by numerous cameras. Hotel is right off interstate 75, but far enough that you don't hear the traffic. The rooms were VERY clean. It was a nice touch to have a tube of toothpaste as part of the provided toiletries. The bed was extremely comfortable. The flat panel TV received many channels including several HBO and the wifi connection didn't require a password.

The morning free breakfast was your basic muffins, bananas, apples and cereals. However, no waffles or cranberry juice. Still nice to have a free breakfast to start the day. There was enough seating.

We would definitely stay here again and WILL any time we need a hotel after a Gator football game or a mountain biking trip to Santos; both about 30 minutes away.

Room Tip: Ice machines are only on the first and third floors. The third floor is the smoking floor, so it re...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I'm an employee of SDII Global and stay ay the Red Roof Inn several weeks thru the year. Both the management and staff at the Ocala location have been helpful, kind, and honest. On my last stay, I lost some money in the parking lot and it was returned to the staff. A short time later it was returned to me due to their honesty. When I'm in Ocala, the Red Roof Inn is the place to stay. Great location and friendly staff.

Marty Smith

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
West Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

If you are looking for a hotel with waterfalls, art deco and a breakfast buffet that rivals a restaurant, then don't come here. If you are looking for a hotel that is clean, quiet, very friendly, safe and affordable, then come here. The hotel is near 95, but not so near that you hear it at night. There are places to eat nearby. I was at the hotel for a week to be near my parents, and am so thankful to have made the Red Roof Inn my temporary home. I had breakfast there every morning, and liked the fact that all of the food was packaged, so that there was no contamination. And though there was no "hot food" other than toasting a bagel or making oatmeal, I don't go to hotels for the food. The people at the front desk and the cleaning staff were so friendly and on top of things. They made this solo traveler very content. The rooms were decent and clean, bed was comfortable, and the bathroom were well maintained. I also used the fitness room, which I found to be good for my needs. If I have to go back to Ocala, the Red Roof Inn would be the ONLY place I would go to!

Room Tip: Make sure you mention smoking or nonsmoking, since they have both types of rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Parrish, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here two nights ago, for one night. I dont normally stay at these places, but had to for work. Lication was safe, but not near any chain restaurants- just local gas stations. Check in went well, the front desk man moved me to a room with a fridge and called up to the room after a few minutes to check if the room was satisfactory.
Room was older, but clean and looked well kept. Bed was comfortable. Pillows actually smelled good.
The businesss center was one computer at the front door. No privacy or confort.
I was kept up by my neighbors television, but that is not the hotel's fault.
Didn't see breakfast because I left at 5:30 am. I would not stay here again unless I was hurting for money, BUT I didn't mind it and IF you stay at hotels under $60 a night- then this is a great, clean hotel! The best cheap hotel I've stayed at.

• Stayed October 2011
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Stayed overnight on the way to Florida. This place really blew me away. I was impressed with every facet of the place. Clean room, comfortable beds, friendly staff. What more do you need.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Rita Patel, Manager is very bright, charming and was very helpful in all phases of customer services. Rita has a very warm and welcoming personality.
Danny Patel, Rita's husband, is very helpful also. He has excellent customer service skills and will meet all of your needs. He is very informative and always with a cheerful face and personality.
Rita and Danny Patel are an excellent representative of the Red Roof Inn organization. They should be highly commended for their exceptional service and management of Red Roof Inn, Ocala, FL.
FRONT DESK:
Jessica is charming,light hearted,very courteous and helpful. She just shines in her own personality.

Laura, is very personable and always has a smile on her face. She is warm and friendly and very skilled at meeting your personal needs.

John, is courteous, friendly and well experienced at meeting the needs of his guests.

Felix Pollock, is a true Consierge, in the true sense of the word. He is highly skilled in managerial capacity. In the training field, he is one of the best of produciing a successful front desk personnel and all other staff , in all skills necessary for customer service and care. Felix has mastered several languages also. He has awards and recommendations that go back 25, or so, years in customer service care. Upon your first meeting and conversation with Felix, you will understand you are speaking to a highly skilled and exceptional human being.Felix is a credit to the Red Roof Inn, Ocala,FL organization and to any othere hotel industry organization. He would not only succeed but surpass all other professional individuals in the hotel industry field.

Maintenance:

Juan is an exceptional person on his mannerisms with other people are warm,friendly and caring. His maintenance skills are exceptional and has a history of several years in this field.

Housekeeping:

Gilberta, Head of Housekeeping, always has a smile and is very warm in her personality. She does an excellent job in customer care and working with guests on their time schedule for maid service.

Regina and Marie, Housekeeping, are both warm and friendly. They are both hard working individuals with great customer service care skills.

My name is Jim Henry, and the reasons I know of the Management and Staff of Red Roof Inn, Ocala,FL, is that I went there for a couple of days of days and business held me over for another extended week. I had time to observe and speak to Management and Staff as they all made themselves available to me, at different times during my stay. I felt a warm and home experience there with all the extra ammenities, available to me. I also noted that all the guests received the same care.

I found the Red Roof Inn, Ocala, FL to be exceptionally clean and the grounds well kept. This is a credit to the Staff.

Anytime I am in their area I don't hesitate to head for Red Roof Inn,Ocala,FL. I bypass all other hotels/motels to stay at their Red Roof Inn, Ocala, FL. It is like "Family".

I know I will be taken care of and the Security at the Red Roof Inn, Ocala,FL is excellent as I have experienced this first hand on the inside and outside of the building.

I had received a business phone call, and the Staff knew I was on the premises. The Staff checked the monitors to locate me so I could take care of my business call. How is that for exceptional care?

My business is going to bring me back to Ocala, FL this week, and I have already made arrangements with Red Roof Inn, Ocala, FL. I am looking forward to another comfortable room, just like the last time, and also seeing the Staff as they are like "Family".
Jim Henry

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Ocala? Share your experiences!