“First impressions are the ones that count.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Onaway, Michigan
“First impressions are the ones that count.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

For our first time dining in this restaurant, we were definitely impressed. I think the best thing about our experience was our waiter, Richard. He came to our table right away with a positive attitude and very upbeat energy. His attention to detail was excellent, he was bringing refills on our drinks before they were even halfway gone, he was very thorough and really cared about us enjoying our dinner. It was more than just a job to him, and you could tell. Oh, and the food was great too! :)

Ocala, Florida
“Too quick for me . . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Kind of an average experience for a chain steakhouse - but a bit too quick for us. Didn't feel relaxed. Although the restaurant was not overly crowded, the food seemed rushed from the kitchen. Didn't have a chance to finish our salads. The fare was familiar, but tasty; prepared well and priced right; the service friendly - but again, we like to relax when we eat out, especially at dinner.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ocala, Florida, United States
“Another link in a great chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stopped in for lunch this afternoon enjoying a burger, with sweet potatoes fries, while I had the Meatloaf dinner special. Both were tasty, hot and very enjoyable. Sides were mashed potatoes, and brocholli. Sweet.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ocala, Florida
“No Better Than The Last Time We Were There Two Years Ago”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were near Logan's and decided to give it another try. Just went in for a couple of burgers, we were very specific on how we wanted them cooked and what toppings we wanted. We sent those burgers back three times, then gave up and ate what was presented to us. Apparently the chef (I don't know if chef is the proper word to use in this case) does not know how to deviate from the pictures they must post for them to work from. That's the last time Logan's will ever see us in their restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Williston, Florida
“Disgusted!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The waiters/waitresses in the bar aread are always very nice and attentive, and we usually leave a pretty decent tip (approx $15-20, on what ranges between a $40-60 bill) each time.

However, anywhere else is a disaster. Last night our waiter (Josh W) was rude from the start. After taking our dinner order, he started to walk away when my husband had to stop him and ask him if we were going to be getting the bread that they usually bring when you first get there. He responded with "oh, yea I'll grab it". When bringing the bread back he literally slapped the HOT plate of bread on the opposite side of the table from where he was standing right in front of me, where my 2 month old daughter was sitting in my lap. The plate was in touching distance of her hands. He had to reach over my son and my husband in order to put it where he did, when he should have just set it down in the center of the table by my husband, where my husband had moved the drinks over for him to set it.

When the food arrived, it was quickly dispersed and then a "is everything the way you wanted it" was asked. However, my son sat at the end of the table, right in front of him - without his meal. I asked the waiter "where is his plate?" His response was "I'm not sure.. let me go find out". He then comes back about 2 minutes later with a response that the cooks had dropped his plate and were remaking his dish. My entire family sat there waiting for 8 minutes for my son to receive his dish before we began eating. By that time - everything was cold. When it came to the drinks, my sons hadn't taken a sip out of their first glass when Josh was already bringing them a 2nd glass. However, for the adults - both my husband and his mother - the refills didn't come until their drinks were gone, and then the new glass was only 3/4 of the way full. My husband took 2 bites of his meal and then Josh brought the ticket to the table. No time to even enjoy the meal - which all the meats were overcooked.

During the course of our meal we overheard our waiter arguing with 2 other tables about the low amount of a tip that he received.

The bill totaled $101.24 after tax. My husband slipped $105 into the sleeve. After he walked away with the check, my husband and I proceeded to discuss the tip we were going to leave him at the table. As he was pulling a $20 bill out of his wallet Josh approached the table and says "I don't normally do this, but you are aware of the total of the bill right?" I responded "yes, it was $101 and change". He gave me a weird look and then said "ok, just making sure because that only left me with a $3.76 tip". I just sat there in awe as he walked away. I could not believe he had just complained about what he thought was going to be his tip. My husband slipped the $20 back into his wallet and we left.

I spoke with the manager before leaving about my disgust with this waiter and his service. The waiter approached us as we were talking and interrupted us arguing that I was wrong. The manager stood there just looking at him, allowing this waiter to argue with me and never said a word.

Sad to say what was once a great place for my family to go and enjoy good food, we will not return to.

• Visited June 2013