“Good food with a different twist” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #124 of 353 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A very popular place, New Orleans decor, 3 good sized dining areas plus bar area. food great, can take groups, have been many times.
Marianna, Florida, United States
“Good food with a different twist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

It's been a while since we ate at a Mimi's. They still have the best grilled cheese sandwich. They also have a seasonal apple muffin that is awesome. Forget the top. The bottom is better!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Citra, Florida
“Wonderful Breakfast Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife & I went yesterday, April 15th. We were looking for lunch for my wife really enjoy's their fried pickles. Sadly, today was a new menu and we were too early for lunch.

And to top it off, the restaurant had new owners. The restaurant is actually owned by a French company. So, we were prepared to enjoy some "French" cooking. We were not disappointed. My wife had the berry crepes (eggs and a meat included) and I had the eggs benedict, (red potatoes fried up included). Delicious! Fresh orange juice and freshly brewed coffee were a welcomed addition to our meal.

We shall return. But, remember to bring additional funds. The breakfast cost about $34, not including taxes and a tip

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ocala, Florida
“Just a Plain Bad Experience.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Service was very poor. The wait- taff appears not to care whether or not you get your order on time. Immature youngsters not ready for the workplace. Management needs to get on the stick. We will never dine here again. In addition the sandwich I ordered was on half stale bread.

Visited October 2012
“Pleasant friendly surroundings spotlessly clean and excellent meals.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

My son took me for a meal here on the last night of my months holiday in Ocala. Very pleasant airy surroundings and excellent food and salads. I will return again and it is a suitable venue for top business clients.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ocala, Florida
“Nice Lunch - Special Muffin treats, too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My sister-in-law from CT and I stopped in to Mimi's Cafe in Ocala, FL for lunch. We were pleasantly surprised at the roomy booths, the French decor, the staff and the food! It was a busy time but the service was fairly quick. We each had a salad a Spinich and an Asian. Both were light, crisp and a little different. At the end, we were each offered a free muffin (one of their specialties). We took home a Blueberry and an Apple Strudel - delicious.
BTW, if you are interested in their BOGO and other special coupons, like an Anniversary or Birthday special, you need to give them your email. That may be done on-line.

• Visited March 2013