“Crystal Clear” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 47 things to do in Ocala
More attraction details
Owner description: Clear-blue spring and creek in Ocala National Forest.
The Villages, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Crystal Clear”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is an amazing place in the middle of nowhere. Crystal clear water that you can see fish, alligators and turtles in. If you didn't bring your own, be sure to rent a kayak or canoe. Lots of wildlife to see.

Visited November 2012

Ocala, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Serene Beauty Galore!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I went to Alexander Springs last summer and we had a great time! The water was cold and clear and quite refreshing. One sits at the "pool" but soon realizes it's only a wall to sit on and that the bottom is the spring! A few eels swam past me and I was dismayed to say the least. After that we cooked a few hamburgers on the grills provided and with the surroundings and the fresh air,the burgers were divine!

Next time we'll do the canoe thing....

Visited August 2012
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
32 attraction reviews
“Great time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is a nice place to visit during the summer as a day trip, but also a great place to camp for a few days if you enjoy camping. You certainly could spend a whole day in this place with the walking trails, canoeing and swimming. They allow scuba diving as well. The water was clean, clear and refreshing. It was warmer than I had expected. We went on a two hour canoe that took us to a bridge and back. We saw all kinds of fish, turtles, otters, alligators and raccoons. Make sure you bring plenty of food if you are camping, as it is about a 30min drive to a large grocery store. They had a lot of firewood for sale at $6 a bundle. The only bad thing I can say is that the dumpster was slap full the day we got there, and continued to be full the entire three days we were there. The bathroom facilities were average, and fairly clean. Overall we had a great time.

Visited February 2013
Orlando, Florida
14 attraction reviews
“Beautiful, but call before you go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

**I highly recommend calling ahead to inquire about how many people are in the park because if it fills up, they will turn you away. Also, you wont be able to just park and wait- you will have to drive away and come back later. with that said...
Alexander Springs has always been one of my favorite Florida springs! The water is gorgeous and always 72 degrees. Snorkeling here is great! I usually see a lot of turtles and fish in water, and I've seen a couple non-venomous snakes, racoons etc. on the land. There are also walking trails, camping sites, picnic tables, grills, canoeing/kayaking, and a large grassy field.
The cost is $5.00 a person, which is more expensive than a lot of other state parks in Florida.
The park tends to fill to capacity during the busy season in the spring and summer months, so like I said, call ahead and get there early!!
The biggest downside of Alexander Springs for me is that it can sometimes be very crowded with families and kids, which takes away the peaceful, serene feeling of the place, but that is expected!

Visited April 2012
Ormond Beach
“Great !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The water at Alexander Springs are clear, crisp, and refreshing. In the winter, bring a wetsuit because when you're in the water, it gets cold

Visited January 2012