“Best steaks in town” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mark's Prime Steakhouse and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 382 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Description: A elegant steakhouse with outdoor dining. Tableclothes, candle lite dining,Prime beef and fresh seafood. Over 1000 bottles of wine, and a large premuim bar with a wide selection of bevarages.
Ocala, Florida
“Best steaks in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I love this place. Have been here multiple times. Steaks are prime and always excellent. Vegetable portions are shareable. I've even had my birthday dinner here. They bring you a birthday cake! Love this place

Visited November 2013

Ocala, FL
“Rude manager, great food/service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I am a frequent flyer to this place but experienced a very rude manager tonight.... Went for the twins 10th b'day... Kids were extremely well-behaved and didn't let out a peep while a loud table of 8 office-types sat next to us. The kids happened to use their speaker phone to talk to their cousin who called to wish them happy b'day - and the manager sternly told my daughter to shut the phone off. I was sitting next to them and couldn't even hear that they were on speaker as the table next to us was way too loud. Didn't address the 8 office workers who were 3x as loud, the 2 adult b'day tables next to us that were also loud, but had the audacity to come over to us. Not worth dropping the amount of money we did - only to have my kids (who really were angels tonight) upset on account of one grumpy manager with no personality who needs to feel superior by telling off kids. Will boycott this place for now and urge you to as well. I posted this on their Facebook page FYI - but they deleted it. Food as always was decent as was service - but the aftertaste of the interaction with the manager killed it for us.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Delray Beach, Florida
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

First, let me say that I went to this restaurant with some pre-conceived notions, based upon the previous reviews I read on Trip Advisor.

The general consensus from those reviews seems to be that the food is very good, but not quite rising to the level of great, but that the service is terrible.

Well, as far as the food goes, I agree with the above assessment. My wife and I both ordered steaks, and they were very good, but not quite reaching the level of great.

As far as the bad service, I guess we lucked out, because we had to take a seat at the bar to eat, because the restaurant was filled (supposedly), so we avoided the bad service, because the bartender was standing 5 feet away from us the entire night, and gave us good service.

(it did take quite a bit of time to get our steaks though---probably 10 minutes more than it should have)

The reason I say "supposedly" filled is that when we got to the restaurant (on a Friday night, about 6:15pm), we were asked if we had a reservation, which we didn't, and were told that no tables were available, but that we could sit at the bar. Luckily, there were exactly two seats available at the bar, so we jumped at the offer. However, as our meal progressed, we noticed that a lot of the tables that supposedly were reserved remained empty for the entire time we were eating at the bar. So that was kind of annoying, but no big deal. I suggest you make a reservation if you are going on a weekend, because they really mean it !!!!!

Also, I didn't like the fact that when we ordered sauteed spinach, that it was covered with a layer of cheese. Again, no big deal, but that kind of ruined this particular item for me.

Also, my wife and I went to the restaurant planning to order a porterhouse steak for two, but surprisingly, there was no porterhouse steak on the menu at all. I found this rather strange, because even a chain steakhouse usually offers porterhouse steak.

The portions were more than ample. Both my wife and I could not finish our steaks, and brought them home. In fact, we probably could have gotten by sharing just one steak.

Also, I want to note that "the square" area (the area of town where the restaurant is located) was a bit scuzzy, with some rather unsavory looking people wandering about.

I wouldn't say the area was terrible, because right near the restaurant, there was a surprisingly busy Starbucks, and the busy Harry's restaurant is nearby as well, but I just wanted to make that observation.

So all in all, the food is very good, and I would go back the next time I wanted a steak dinner.

But I can't comment on whether the service was good or not, because by sitting at the bar, we avoided that issue.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Went here on a Friday night with a group of people. We were seated at 7:30 and did not get any food until around 8:45. The wait staff was very rude. The place was full of staff and they were just not working. I asked a guy passing by who I thought was one of our waiters about getting another drink while waiting on food and he informed me that he was the manager BUT!!! he would help me anyway. I could not believe what I was hearing. The food is pretty good but it is not worth the price they are charging when you have to wait for no service and take the abuse from the staff. Also one in our party did Valet Parking and he had to wait over thirty minutes to get his car to leave this lousy restaurant. Will never return to this place again. Be warned!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
The Villages, Florida
“Great dining experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Went to Marks last evening to celebrate Christmas with another couple before they headed up north to see their family. Have been here before , and have never been disappointed. ENOS, our server took great care of us all evening. Great cocktails, wine, and dinner. All steaks cooked to perfection ! ENOS did an excellent job , and was there for anything we needed. This is deffinately our favorite place for steaks in this area of Central Florida .

Visited December 2013