“Terrible Service” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mark's Prime Steakhouse and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 364 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Description: A elegant steakhouse with outdoor dining. Tableclothes, candle lite dining,Prime beef and fresh seafood. Over 1000 bottles of wine, and a large premuim bar with a wide selection of bevarages.
Orlando, Florida
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Went here on a Friday night with a group of people. We were seated at 7:30 and did not get any food until around 8:45. The wait staff was very rude. The place was full of staff and they were just not working. I asked a guy passing by who I thought was one of our waiters about getting another drink while waiting on food and he informed me that he was the manager BUT!!! he would help me anyway. I could not believe what I was hearing. The food is pretty good but it is not worth the price they are charging when you have to wait for no service and take the abuse from the staff. Also one in our party did Valet Parking and he had to wait over thirty minutes to get his car to leave this lousy restaurant. Will never return to this place again. Be warned!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
The Villages, Florida
“Great dining experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Went to Marks last evening to celebrate Christmas with another couple before they headed up north to see their family. Have been here before , and have never been disappointed. ENOS, our server took great care of us all evening. Great cocktails, wine, and dinner. All steaks cooked to perfection ! ENOS did an excellent job , and was there for anything we needed. This is deffinately our favorite place for steaks in this area of Central Florida .

Visited December 2013
Ocala, FL
“Another "almost"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

The restaurant business is a tough one. Requires a good balance between quality of food, pricing and service. And here is another one that 'almost' makes it - food is pretty good, a little pricey and the service was atrocious. Well, that along with refrigerated Cabernet.
We visited on a busy Friday evening, prior to 6 PM for their appetizer and drink happy hour.

It took forever to get menus, like over ten minutes.One order did not make it to the kitchen until after we inquired when it did not come out with the others. Another never made it to the kitchen so we went without. And I had to ask twice for a salt shaker.

This would be bad service at Denny's but at a place that is trying to compete as one of the premier restaurants in Ocala, I find it totally inexcusable. Will probably not return - "almost" is not good enough for us at those prices.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“Superb Meat, Perfectly Cooked, Nice Ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

As good as it gets anyplace with a steakhouse. In Ocala, the capital city of Florida's horse and cattle ranch country, you would expect an outstanding steakhouse. Although you don't always get what you expect, Mark's Prime Steakhouse and Seafood is truly outstanding. They offer a complete menu, but they do specialize in steak and seafood. They provide a wide choices of steaks and ways they prepare it. All meat is aged and superbly choice. My steak was perfection in the meat and preparation, plus very creative, with a crab meat topping and light bluecheese taste. Although it sounds unusual, it was a pleasant matching with the meat, which complemented, but did not overwhelm the steak. Wine list extensive, but includes good, moderately priced wines. My only quibble of the evening is that the waiter's recommended dessert of chocolate cake turned out to be finished. In a restaurant the quality of Mark's, they should not have run out, and if they did, the waiter should have known that, and not recommended it. Still, an outstanding meal.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis
“A Very Good Steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Indoor and outdoor seating. Indoor seating is as I would expect at a steakhouse - tables, booths, wood, leather. The acoustics were a little loud. We started in the bar where the bartender was polite, attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable. They are really well-stocked with spirits...about anything you could imagine. Didn't check on their beers. We went into the main dining room for dinner. Prices are in line with other steakhouses I've been to. I had the tenderloin tips with a brandy peppercorn sauce and mashed potatoes. The tenderloin tips had a nice crunch from the sear on the outside and were tender in the middle. The sauce was excellent. I shared an oder of the roasted corn with peppers, onions and bacon. It was AMAZING. My parents ordered a New York Strip and a Petite Filet; I tried some of each. The strip steak was nicely marbled, tender (as strips steaks go), and well-seasoned. It did come out cooked a little beyond the medium-rare that was ordered. The filet was buttery-tender and delicious. Wine prices were also in line with other steakhouses, and they had a good selection of reds by the bottle or glass. Our server was fine - but not memorable. I would go back for another steak!

• Visited November 2013