“Simply..Beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Ocala B&B and Inns
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Simply..Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

This is the best surprise of the year for my wofe and I. I live in Tennessee and found this place online. I looked at all the pictures and thought to myself; "This is too good to be true". But once I got there and met the owners and saw the room I was blown away. What a beautiful place in the middle of no where. YOU MUST stay at this B&B...It is simply the most romantic place my wife and I have ever been too. The place is clean, well furnished and the service is amazing. This is the sweatest couple ever! Oh,,,and the irish bread was pretty amazing too...Thank you for the awesome memories..we WILL be back!!!!

Room Tip: The Plantation is amazing and very affordable...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

The room was extremely large, with a fireplace, desk area, table and chairs (for in-room dinning), and a lounge chair with ottoman. Bath was large as well with an ample vanity, whirlpool bath (for one), and walk-in shower. The only complaint we had was that the water turned cold before the tub was filled and the shower had inadequate water flow. The personal touches like bathrobes, make-up mirror, hair dryer, cotton balls and paper cups were great. The room decor was beautiful - dusty blue canopy over king four-poster bed, color accents around room and fireplace. More personal touches like wine glasses and corkscrew were appreciated. Room also came with four-cup coffee maker and fridge with complimentary water bottles. Breakfast was HUGE - cereal, fruit, egg casserole, bacon, coffee cake (day 1), yogurt, granola, fruit, stuffed french toast, sausage patties and cranberry bread (day 2). Although we didn't care for the stuffed french toast - it was a bit underdone and soggy. GREAT hospitality and GREAT value for money!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Monroeville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed two nights. The Inn was very romantic, comfortable. and SUPER CLEAN! The bed was so comfortable, it was like sleeping on a cloud. The owners of the Inn were always available and very friendly, they couldn't do enough to please us. They show pride of ownership, and create high standards. We will go back if we're in the area. We highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is a very quiet country property. The Room was wonderful and clean with all the promised amentities. You are left alone but if you need anything at all you will have it in a short time. I will return ASAP

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011 via mobile

We booked online, but they have specials that include dinner, etc. if you book by phone. Their website has a video and description of each of their seven uniquely-decorated rooms. We stayed in the Royal Room. It was very romantic. There is a mini fridge and a jet tub. They have wifi as well. Breakfast was delicious! It is very close to Silver and Rainbow Springs.

• Stayed August 2011
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

This inn is run by an older German couple and although we didn't interact with the man, the woman was helpful and friendly. Breakfasts, while very egg focused, were hearty and substantial. They were proceeded by a small fruit cup and a bowl of German inspired hot cereal. The Homestead room where we stayed was huge, very clean and had every possible need satisfied, including a small fridge (stocked with free water bottles) and a microwave. The price we paid (in off season) was a terrific deal and the inn is located outside the city and set far enough back from the main road that there was no noise from traffic. This place even has a pool, although we didn't use it. The only downside was that the outside area was not very well taken care of (I think the owners have their hands full), including cigarettes left soaking in ashtrays--ick! We would definitely go back there to stay and we loved this part of FL!

Room Tip: Loved the decor and spaciousness of the room we stayed in, Homestead!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I live overseas and was visiting home to see my family in FL. I visited Rainbow River with the family as a kid and had many good memories tubing/canoeing/swimming along the river. This time was equally good. Very clear water and for some reason seems clearer than when I last visted 20 years ago!

Our stay at the Heritage Inn was a very comfortable one. The rooms are well equiped - nice tea table by the window overlooking a farm (I stayed in the Thoroughbred Room), small fridge, wi-fi, cable tv, fireplace - and found the bed quite comfortable. We rented three rooms here and so I was able to compare - all were equally nice and roomy. The pictures on the website accurately reflect the good quality and peaceful atmosphere of the place. The bathrooms are especially nice with a large jacuzzi bathtub and seperate shower area.

Our hosts were wonderful and very accomodating. When we wanted to chat about things to do in the area, we could easily find them. When we wanted our privacy, we had it. We ate breakfast in the dining area every morning and enjoyed the variety of food. I had a job interview during my stay and did the interview over skype. Because we had many family members coming in and out of the rooms, I wanted to do it in a place that was more quiet. I was very grateful when Christa & Gerhard suggested I use the dining area for the interview, which also had high speed wi-fi that was strong enough to do the interview over skype without any glitches. Christa offered to pray for a successful interview. I took her up on the offer and wouldn't doubt that it didn't somehow help me to get the job! I am now moving back to the U.S. for that job and will definitely be making more trips to the Heritage Country Inn.

Thank you Christa and Gerhard for making our family reunion at Rainbow River/Dunellon a memorable one! We will be back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Heritage Country Inn? Share your experiences!