“great kayak trip” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Canoeing, Camping
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
“great kayak trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

put in kayaks at Rays wayside park off SR40, at foot of Ocklawaha bridge. River level was low at time, but water gorgeous and clear. Seemed to be more wildlife as we got closer to the springs. No monkeys were out the day we were there, but saw gators, birds of course, and a deer.

Visited April 2013

Daytona Beach, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Great family fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is a beautiful park with a great museum. they also have a great pioneer like hands on museum. This a a great place to take the kids all the staff seemed to be very knowledge and friendly staff. A definite must see.

Visited June 2012
Ocala, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Great canoe trip on the river....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I borrowed our neighbor's canoe and went to the boat basin to launch. I'd brought my camera which was a great idea! Lee and I canoed "up" the river, stopping to take pictures and marvel at the abundant wildlife. I was particularly fond of our "otter" experience! We stopped so I could shoot some film and an otter stood up and was virtually yelling at me! Scolding me! Lee told me he was really balling me out and we both laughed heartily!! Lots of birds....and gators.....saw a few water moccasins too! The trip "up" took about 2 1/2 hours but the trip back only took 45 minutes as the current carried us downstream. Better be aware on that trip back or you run into things you don't want to.....

We had to pay a minimal fee to the boat basin and the cost was well worth it. Lee and I plan to do this on a yearly basis!

Visited July 2012
16 attraction reviews
“Great day on the river”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We walked a half mile to our rented canoe. One the boat ride we saw birds, turtles, and gators. The river is beautiful and you can see straight to the bottom. A great way to teach kids to respect and cherish nature.

Ocala, Florida
“Beautiful place to visit, lots of options for the family, great concerts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The boat captains are entertaining and know their wildlife, the animals are in good health, the kids center is great for small children, the animal shows are fun for all ages, and the concerts are great for outdoor entertainment...bring a chair and enjoy the day.