“lousy waitress” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Plantation, Florida
“lousy waitress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I knew as soon as we ordered water only that it would be bad. Food was great but... were not drinkers so although we were one of the first tables to be seated, we were the one of the last tables to be served. The show had already started when we got our entrée. The server did not smile or interact with us and did us a favor when finally took our order. Show was good and New years eve festivities were high (except for that awful waitress).

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Milan, Italy
“Drag brunch done right!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

After having been terribly disappointed by Perry's in DC, I was a little apprehensive. So very glad I went! The show was fantastic! The place is beautifully over the top, the girls dressed to the hilts, and the performances on spot. The MC Nicolette was fabulous! Very funny, going with what was presented to her! Standup comedy material without vulgarity. This place is family friendly for sure! There were a couple of teenagers with parents, and an Elk's Lodge group.
The food? Hmmm, not too bad but also not sure if my chicken penne ala vodka wasn't made with pregrilled chicken and canned sauce...my friend's omelette looked fine. The mimosas were a little too orangey, but I am sure I could have gotten extra spritzers of champagne into them if I had asked.
I will most definitely go back and take my out-of-town visitors there!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
“unexpectedly good food, fun party type place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Lots of party people! 10 friends made a Friday nite reservation for LIPS. I was impressed that the food was quite good. The salmon was very good. I seldom order ribs, as most places overcook them, so all you get is Ribs that taste like paper with BBQ sauce. Not so here! The music and food, a few good drinks and the entertainment was worth the $70/PP inc. tip. We spent the next 2 1/2 hrs being entertained. Reservations to get a good table necessary. Not the kind of place to take in every month, but worth seeing occasionally! A relatively short menu, but it covered all the bases. The drag queens were the hit of LIPS. Without them, fugetaboutit!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“No bang for your buck!! Or $50!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

After friends giving me mixed reviews, I finally checked this place out. If you want to park your own car get ready to pay $5! Our " waitress " was fat and must of been on her period...rude. Wasn't even asked if I wanted a refill on my $5 soda. Food was good. Had the ribs. This place is not worth the $50. Only 5 people performed, rest was birthday people and bachelorettes coming on stage. Our food was served during show not before like everyone else so we had to eat and watch.

I will not go back...ever!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
“Fabulous girls outting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

If you have never been to Lips Restaurant, well I think you should take time out of your schedule to go to this show. This was absolutely fabulous, entertaining and the food was delicious! I can't wait to go back with my Mom and sister.

• Visited November 2013