“Sadly, Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Authentic Italian cuisine at American prices. $19 for our three courses early menu'. Most entrees priced at less of $20. Open since 1985. Ample free parking. Full bar. 2 Private banquet rooms. Nightly specials. Available group menus from $20 inclusive. Can open for lunch for private parties, catering available. Open 7 days
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Sadly, Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Having been to this restaurant once before and thoroughly enjoying it, I expected wonderful things once again. Our server, Brandon, was knowledgeable about the menu and meal preparations. The only negative I could find here is that he seemed to disappear once the food was served only reappearing to clear our plates.

The food on the other hand was quite mediocre. I ordered a crab and shrimp bisque which was a special of the day. It was served only lukewarm and was very bland and I could not eat it. I tasted absolutely no crab or lobster whatsoever in the bisque.

I ordered a pasta dish ( rigatoni a la vodka) for my entrée which was equally bland. Others at the table were also unimpressed. Fort Lauderdale has many wonderful Italian restaurants. This is not one I would run back to.

In fact it is one I cannot in good faith recommend. Chef Giaccomo did stop by the table, but his appearance did scant little to make up for the poor quality of his food.

This is very sad as my last visit. to this restaurant had left such wonderful memories. Now, I will not be returning.

• 2 of 5 stars Food

49% Recommend
Chicago IL
“A Special Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The food as well as the service were outstanding. We were in no rush and wanted to relax and enjoy the evening. We were there for over an hour and a half. In addition to the food and service, they do provide a good pour for a glass of wine.

Would not suggest you bring little ones (unless you're having a private party) it is more for adults wishing to have a good dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Feels like little italy....on oakland park!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My friend and i read the previous reviews and I admit we were skeptical of going here. But we had a groupon so we figured, why not!

We had a really great meal with butternut squash ravioli (our favorite) an alfredo dish (not on the menu but we requested and the server complied without hesitation) and a seafood scampi.

As far as the portions go, we had enough for lunch and dinner the next day. Whoever is complaining about the size of the dishes is probably super sizing it at Mcdonalds...

Our server was really nice and didn't overserve (one of my pet peeves) but refilled drinks promptly and cleared food in a timely manner.

The location isn't great but I will be back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
pompano beach
“might be the best in ftl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

i have not much to say. everything was cooked the way it should be. service was good and ambiance also. very clean. it is for sure on my list of places to visit again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tamarac, Florida
“always a good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

i had a bruschetta which was excellent, my guest had a very good minestrone soup. my guest had chicken milanese, and i had an encrusted yellow tail snapper. both were very good. the two sides (mixed vegetables, and ziti) were just ok. service was a bit slow, which is unusual.

• Visited September 2012