“Very good lunch.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #43 of 93 Restaurants in Oakland Park
Cuisines: Peruvian, Seafood
Description: The best of the Peruvian Food: Arroz con Pollo, Lomo Saltado, Papa a la Huancaina, Ceviche, Tiraditos, Anticuchos,Pollos a la Brasa, and others like Conchitas a la Parmesana, Tacu Tacu con Mariscos, Causitas con pulpito a la parrilla.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Very good lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My friend and I had a lovely meal. Definitely a place I would go to again, soon. We appreciated the recommendations by the waiter.

Delray Beach, Florida
“very good dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

While searching for a Peruvian restaurant in the Ft. Lauderdale area I came across many positive reviews for D'Mar and met out-of-town visitors there. The service was friendly and helpful. My favorite dishes were the ceviche sampler and the pisco sour. The mussel appetizer was also excellent, too.
I do think it would be good if the ceviches had a larger variety of fish/seafood. The same fish in 4 different sauces was a bit disappointing, but the sauces and the flavors were excellent. A beef entree was just okay. The chicken with rice was very tasty.
I would go back here, maybe for lunch next time.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“Authentic Peruvian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed the authentic Peruvian food at D'Mar. We started with the traditional drink of Peru, the Pisco Sour, excellently made. In addition to their sweet potatoe chips, we ordered a calamari appetizer. Our entrees were two of their specialty seafood dishes, Pescado D'Mar and Arroz con Mariscos (Rice with Seafood). Entrees were about $15, drinks $7, and appetizer $12. But be aware that portions are huge. We took home leftovers of not only our dinners, but the overflowing appetizer as well. The restaurant was very clean and bright, and the staff very friendly. They also have more inexpensive lunch specials Monday - Friday from 12N to 4PM for $7.50, which includes a soft drink. For an authentic Peruvian experience, we highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Palm Beach
“VERY BAD FOOD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I went today with my family to try the chicken they advertised, well the chicken was not fresh. It seemed to be from a day before and only warm and served to us. I can say this is one of the worst rotisserie chicken I ever had and my family agreed with me, my kids they did try it and told me it was really bad. We pay $20 for a left over chicken from the previous day....too bad, really bad because I went to this restaurant with very high expectations. Another thing that blow me up was the price they charge for a can of "Inka Kola"; $3 each....that is an abuse and I can say they can do better than that...please have common sense and price things right. I can say that maybe they are struggling and that is the main reason they are doing all this things.

On my personal opinion I will never be back to this place. It was a really bad dinning experience for me and my family....

Visited August 2013