“Enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sunrise Beach, Missouri
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

A co-worker recommended that I try this restaurant, so to celebrate a friend's birthday, I took her there for lunch. When we arrived we were horrified to see parking meters directly outside the restaurant because neither one of us had change. Totally unexpected in that location! But the parking spaces facing away from the restaurant weren't metered and we were lucky enough to grab one of those. The decor was very nice. It wasn't crowded so the waiter approached us right away. My friend is vegetarian and had never eaten at a Peruvian restaurant before so she was a bit leery about trying some of the menu items. There is a Peruvian restaurant located close to my workplace that I frequent almost weekly so I was eager to compare. Ceviche's is definitely a step above that restaurant. Ceviche's chicha morada was delicious. I ordered the fish escabeche and that was perfect...nicely spiced. The accompanying sweet potato was nothing to speak of. My friend ordered the quinoa tabbouleh and she thought it was delicious. The dia y noche dessert was perfect. Definitely not too sweet! No guilty pleasure there! The portions were not large so if you are a big eater, order an appetizer. The waiter was very attentive. The manager came over to ask us about our experience. I enjoyed my meal...except for the sweet potato. The lunch prices were expected considering the restaurant's atmosphere/decor. I will definitely eat there again. Oops! I rated the bar scene in error. Didn't use it.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fort Lauderdale
“Great concept, down the drain”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Although the food deserves three or four stars, the server ignored our requests for separate checks. Finally, the manager refused to give us separate checks, as well. This is a ridiculous move in the service industry. If a restaurant gives guests unsatisfactory service, people will not return. What a shame! A great concept, down the drain.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Over priced!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Over priced for the portions! It was a joke when we got the 3 causa sampler among other things we ordered Miniature SIZE portions!!! Taste was LAME! And really overpriced!!! Save your money.
Never again!!!!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Good food, studid owner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I bought a Groupon and went for dinner for the first time tonight. The service was good, the Peruvian food was good for the most part. The Panna Cotta desert was outstanding, but when I presented my Groupon for payment the owner refused to honor it. He said that I didn't eat what they wanted me to, so I had to pay $102.00 and eat my Groupon. I couldn't make the moron understand that I was a first time customer and enjoyed the food, and that I live in the area and would come back again, if he accepted the Groupon. He insisted that he would lose money even though I was going to pay whatever difference there was in the cost of what we eat and the value of the voucher. I guess that the profit he made off of the $100.00 check outweighed the good will and future business that I would give him. IDIOTS LIKE THIS DON'T DESERVE TO BE IN THE RESTAURANT BUSINESS.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale
“Great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

In addition to the food being very unique to South America with wonderful presentations and unparalleled dishes available, the staff is Excellent. Always friendly, helpful with the quiet ambience. I have experienced ceviche for both lunch and dinner and find it to be a delight, with the Marquis Dish being the same as the name, Ceviche!

Visited May 2014