“NEVER AGAIN!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort Hotel & Suites

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oakland Park
Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort Hotel & Suites
You added Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
4221 North Ocean Boulevard A1A Fort Lauderdale, Oakland Park, FL 33308   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oakland Park
Mt. Juliet, TN
“NEVER AGAIN!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

I would never stay at this hotel again. The walls must be made out of cardboard. You could hear people talking all night long and doors SLAMMING. I stayed there one night, before my cruise. It was a cool night and I noticed I kept getting colder as the night went on. I got up and went into the bathroom and the window was WIDE OPEN! I was on the second floor, but I worried the rest of the night that I was being set up for a robbery. I swear I only slept about four hours after finding the window open and then adding the noise outside and slamming of doors. The mattresses have plastic coverings and are noisy. I would have gladly spent more $$$ for another place. I was excited about my cruise the next day, so I got through it. Sometimes the front office is locked and you have to wait for the clerk to come back. When we left the next morning, a lady couldn't check out because the clerk had left for a while and she had to wait for the next bus to take her to her cruise line. Like another reviewer said, don't let the photos fool you.!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
MINNEAPOLIS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

I
Customer service sucks..I was told no refund on reservation due to policy...I had to cancel (2 week notice) after reading some of reviews and they said sorry...you still will be charged ....my credit card info was at their mercy and they charged me before I hung up...don't stay here...

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

A friend and I stayed here for 3 nights this March. I definitely would not recommend this hotel to anyone. First, they advertise that the beach is "650 feet from your door" which is not at all true. You have to cross a four-lane highway and walk between two condo high-rises to get to the beach. The room itself was pretty gross. The tile floors apparently are not cleaned regularly, as walking barefoot will turn your feet black. The chain lock on the door was broken. The bathroom window had no screen, but we had to keep it open to allow for ventilation. The sink stopper also was broken, and when I pulled it up to plug the sink, the whole rod came out of the faucet. The drain in the tub had a nice rust ring around it. Shampoo and conditioner is given to you in packets, just like ketchup. We also had a loud group of spring breakers, who played music and were noisy until very early in the morning. Also, I left a sweatshirt at the pool, and was not lucky enough to have it turned in. Whomever found it, kept it. This is the kind of people who stay here. There are certainly better places to stay in Fort Lauderdale for this price that are much better.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Marshalltown, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

We were cruising out of Fort Lauderdale 01/24/2009. We stayed at this property the night before our cruise. We had a large group there and received a group rate.

The beds are awful! They're wrapped in plastic so every move you make is noisy and almost like you're on a water bed. Could tolerate it for one night but not for longer than that.

They have a Gyro & Sandwich shop on the property that serves wonderful gyro's! Highly recommend the Gyro Platter.

• Liked — The Gyro & Sandwich shop
  • Disliked — the plastic wrapped beds
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

This place is a DUMP. DO NOT waste your money. Rooms do NOT rate a 'one star". I can go on and on, but from the bathroom to the bedding, the lack of towels, and abundance of noise from the bar (fights). Pay more and stay somewhere else - I wish I did. Such a great location, but not worth staying! Do not let the photos fool you.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — Bed bugs, 2 am fights at the bar, doors banging all night, cold (not hot) water showers, plastic on mattress
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!