We enjoyed our stay at the Doubletree. When checking in, the front desk staff was helpful, friendly and professional, and you each get a delicious warm and gooey chocolate chip cookie! We arrived early, and our room was not yet available; we decided to drive up to Clearwater Beach for lunch (Go to the new Hyatt there and eat at the 8th floor outdoor restaurant for a delicious sandwich and a great view!!) so they took my cell number and actually called to let me know when we could come back and get into the room! Sounds like a small thing, but we've never had this happen before - other hotels always say, "give us a call in a couple hours".
Our Gulf view room was spotless and had a very comfortable bed. The bathroom fixtures and countertop was new. The hotel is right on the beach, and they have a good number of shaded lounge chairs out on the sand, with a smallish pool between the building and beach. This is not a new hotel. The building itself is aging, and although they keep it updated with new carpeting and the aforementioned bathroom and bed, there is an 'air freshener' smell in the hallways, and the dining area seems kind of 'last year'. We only used it for breakfast though, so that was OK and they make a great omelette!
Plenty of parking, both underground and outside. Location is good if you have a car. Clearwater is a bit north and St Pete is a bit south. But it takes a looong time to drive up and down Gulf Blvd., since traffic often moves below the 35mph speed limit.
All in all, we definitely liked the place and would recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Beach Resort By Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach Hotel
- Doubletree North Redington Beach
- Doubletree Beach Resort Tampa Bay
- Doubletree Beach Resort By Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree Beach Resort by Hilton is a true combination of Florida and the Tropics! Experience our tropical sun, gentle breezes, powder white sand and the sparkling blue green waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Centrally located between Clearwater & St. Pete Beaches, directly on the Gulf of Mexico. 125 tropically appointed guest rooms, each with a private furnished balcony, 40" flat panel TV with 66 channels including 24 HD channels, mini refrigerator, wireless high-speed internet access, ergonomic desk chair, iron/ironing board, USA Today delivered each weekday morning, two telephones, and CITRON Honey & Coriander by Crabtree & Evelyn Bath Products. Private beach and beachfront swimming pool, 24 hour business center and gift/sundry shop, Mangos Restaurant with indoor/outdoor seating, beachside Tiki Bar featuring live entertainment, and onsite cabana and water sport rentals. Come see us! We'll always have a warm chocolate chip cookie with your name on it ready and waiting! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Amex, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.