“Overall very enjoyable stay"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach

Save Saved
You added Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach to your Saves list
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   17120 Gulf Blvd, North Redington Beach, FL 33708-1443   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$50 Property Credit
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Jersey
“Overall very enjoyable stay"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

This is a very nice, truly oceanfront hotel. I recommend paying the extra $35 per night for oceanfront. It is definitely not a luxury hotel but having said that, it is very nice. The beach is lovely and when you tire of it they have a very nice pool. The area is very quiet and while young children would love the beach and pool, teens may get a little bored. It seems to be a very romantic place for couples without kids. They have live music some nights and the restaurant is good albiet a little pricey. Be sure to eat at The Conch Republic Grill which is 2 blocks away. The only negative thing I can say, which is no fault of the hotels regards the ocean. I really learned on this trip that I like the east coast of Florida better because of the waves. There are often no waves here and they also have Sting Rays everywhere. Yes you read that right! They are sometimes so bad they post warnings in the hotel. I stepped on one (feels like wet rubber) but thankfully they rarely bother you. Despite that odd tidbit, it was a very enjoyable stay. Hard Rock Casino Tampa is only 35 minutes away and alot of fun!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Sicklerville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in late July 2010 with my wife and 5 year old child. Check in was ok, but I had to wait a little while one front desk person helped another customer and the other was taking a reservation on the phone. I had booked a non-view room but was given an upgraded gulf view room on the 5th floor, since I am a Hhonors Diamond member and have room upgrade/free breakfast as my requested benefit. I was also given 2 bottles of water, and free Internet access.
ROOM:
The room was a good size and had a balcony overlooking the beach and gulf. There were Neutrogena products in the bathroom. There was a small refrigerator and a Wolfgang Puck coffee machine in the room, but there was NO safe in the room. The television does not have PPV, but did have Showtime. Housekeeping was good, as our room was cleaned by 12:30. The Air Conditioner unit was very loud.
FOOD: We ate breakfast in the restaurant both days. Rather than having the free continental breakfast from our vouchers, we used them towards other menu items. Each voucher was worth $6.45 towards the price of the other breakfast items. We also ate lunch in the restaurant. The food was pretty good and the prices seemed reasonable. The restaurant staff was very friendly.
OTHER: You can rent beach chairs and umbrellas for $25 (+ tax) and charge it to your room. They also had wave runners and water bikes for rent. The elevators in the hotel are very slow and very hot. The hotel could use some updating, and shouldn't be called a resort.

Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

Stayed here for the second time on July 27 - 30. Room is comfortable and clean, but the best part of the hotel is the fact that's right on the beach with a lovely view from the balcony (if you choose a gulf view room - very much worth it in my opinion). The staff is very friendly and helpful and almost everyone welcomed us back. Had breakfast each day at Mangos Restaurant (included in our rate) and it was very good. Rented the chairs and umbrella for $25 a day. We stayed during the week (not a weekend) and it was pretty quiet, which we enjoyed. We walked to a local restaurant (Conch Republic, good food!) and had a short drive to St. John's Pass with more restaurants and shopping. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a nice beach vacation.

Edwards, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I had an absolutley wonderful experience at this hotel. I was travelling alone to meet family in the area, so I was very wary of what I might find at the hotel. I had researched the area and read lots of reviews of this and other hotels. This hotel had pages of positve reviews and little negative. Also, the price was comparable based on other hotels, amenities, free-parking, location and service. I chose this hotel and I was not disappointed.
From start to finish my weekend (July 23-26), was wonderful. I had a rental car so the free, easy parking was the first welcoming amenity. At check-in, I was greeted with smiling faces and an attitude of "whatever you need" to enjoy your stay, and a warm, choc-chip cookie which was amazingly good.
My room was clean, quiet and beautiful. Sliding glass doors to a balcony overlooking the beach was such a welcome sight after a long day travelling. You can preselect amenities to be delivered to your room, and they were waiting for me, as I had requested. My sister joined me unexpectedly so I ordered a rollaway which was delivered right away..within minutes it was at my door with a smiling,helpful staff member. The room had a refrigerator and Wolfgang Puck coffee and coffe makers..the coffee was great..amazingly good for in- room hotel coffee. I also like that this hotel is a Green hotel..they recycle and have dividers in the wastebaskets to help you with recyclable and non-recyclable items. Trash bins around the hotel for recyclable items too.
Another plus is hearing the surf while you sleep and first thing in the a.m. when you wake up. The location is the best right on the beach and the summer sunsets were amazing.
The beach was absolutley lovely and again, a member of the staff was there to assist with getting me some beach towels...even though he was busy setting up for a wedding. That night I ordered a grouper sandwich which was ready with little waiting and was delicious.
Tikki Bar out by the pool had music which was beachy and fun and added just the right touch at sunset. All staff were helpful at all times even though the hotel was sold out and 2 weddings for the weekend. Warm, gracious, genuine service from start to finish.
I drove around the neighborhood which was quaint and beachy but not too busy or crazy. Lots of restaurants nearby if you wanted to go, but the food and ambience of this hotel is hard to beat anywhere.
No workout room, no jacuzzi and slow elevators only negatives if you really are looking for a negative. However, the beach and swimming provide great exercise and relaxation and the slower elevators gave people time to chat with each other for a change. Besides, I would rather be walking the beach, bird and dolphin watching, admiring the beautiful sunsets and swimming than in a gym pushing weights any day! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone and I will hopefully, one day, get to go back! Thanks Trip Advisor for your service..I might never have gone to this hotel if weren't for your site with guest reviews.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Winter Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

You can believe all the other reviews. My wife and 6yr old son stayed here from 7/11 thru 7/15 in a Oceanview room on the 6th fl. The view is awesome. The beach is clean, and every member of the Staff was sincerely helpful. The room was spotless as well as the rest of the Hotel. We ate breakfast there every morning (we booked the free breakfast promo) and everything tasted great, which was surprising for a Hotel restaurant. We rented the Chairs and Umbrella ($25 a day--pricey, but worth it) and it was just steps (37--I counted) to the Tiki bar and lobby. The water was warm and calm, but active enough to make my son happy. They also have underground parking, which was an unexpected pleasure, especially during Summer in Florida. We drove up and down from St Pete Beach to Clearwater Beach, and the entire length was beautiful. It is obvious that all the local communities (from residential homes to businesses) take pride in keeping everything clean and attractive. The west coast of Florida BLOWS away the East coast. Even all the people we encountered at Restaurants and Attractions were sincerely friendly and helpful. I am a pretty picky traveler, but I can honestly highly recommend this entire area as well as this hotel for a Beach vacation.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I manage a group home for disabled adults and took one of my clients to the Clearwater area for the weekend. The hotel was nice enough, nothing luxurious but clean and well appointed. The staff were pleasant and helpful for the most part. Would have appreciated a fitness center on site, but otherwise we were content. Now for the not so good news... on Saturday morning at 4am the fire alarm went off. Needless to say the entire hotel evacuated into the parking lot. Apparently it was a false alarm due to an electrical problem. Well, at 6am the next morning the fire alarm went off AGAIN. This time we just stayed in our room and the bell stopped ringing after a few minutes. Upon departure we spoke to the front desk staff and they could only say "we're sorry about that"...

So yes, I am disappointed that both nights were spoiled by the fire alarm and very little done by the hotel staff to make amends. But overall our experience with Doubletree was a good one. The beach is very nice and the food was good. Even though the weekend wasn't the best, I see why the hotel received such high ratings. I'd definitely return.

• Stayed August 2010
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

This is such an awesome hotel! The staff was top notch, the room spacious and clean, the breakfasts were outstanding, and the view was priceless. The beach is beautiful and clean. We thought the location of the hotel was perfect - about mid-way between Clearwater Beach and St. Pete Beach. The trolley system makes it so easy to get around, and there are lots of fun places to eat, drink and shop. We had such a great time. The only down-side is that I don't think I will ever get my husband to vacation anywhere else!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach

Address: 17120 Gulf Blvd, North Redington Beach, FL 33708-1443
Location: United States > Florida > North Redington Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in North Redington Beach
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach 3.5*
DoubleTree Beach Resort by Hilton is a true combination of Florida and the Tropics! Experience our tropical sun, gentle breezes, powder white sand and the sparkling blue green waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Centrally located between Clearwater & St. Pete Beaches, directly on the Gulf of Mexico. 125 tropically appointed guest rooms, each with a private furnished balcony, 40" flat panel TV with 66 channels including 24 HD channels, mini refrigerator, wireless high-speed internet access, ergonomic desk chair, iron/ironing board, USA Today delivered each weekday morning, two telephones, and CITRON Honey & Coriander by Crabtree & Evelyn Bath Products. Private beach and beachfront swimming pool, 24 hour business center and gift/sundry shop, Mangos Restaurant with indoor/outdoor seating, beachside Tiki Bar featuring live entertainment, and onsite cabana and water sport rentals. Come see us! We'll always have a warm chocolate chip cookie with your name on it ready and waiting! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hilton Hotels, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Beach Resort By Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach Hotel
Doubletree North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort Tampa Bay
Doubletree Beach Resort By Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach Florida

If you own or manage Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.