Great to be right on the beach, but as other reviewers have said - there isn't much around. You have to drive a ways to get to any good restaurants or even to a grocery store. There aren't even any fast food places on the strip the hotel is on. (There is a Subway about 2 miles away which was clean and had good service).
The hotel is clean, but the rooms are dated and on the small size (reminds me of a Hampton Inn type room). Definitely upgrade for the gulf view, or you will be looking at the parking lot. The Gulf view was fabulous! Stay here for the Gulf, but not the pool. There is no hot tub, and the pool is small. It holds a maximum of 19 people and the pool deck is tiny too. Recommend you bring your own beach towels (or buy them at the Beach Access store across the street). The hotel has them, but they are paper thin and very scratchy.
Tiki bar prices are good, but there is no service for the beach. You have to get your own beverages. Hotel is definitely more crowded on the weekends (On Wed - Thursday of our stay, the beach was practically empty). Hotel restaurant (Mango's) is good, but menu is limited. Recommend springing for the beach chairs at least one day. Makes a difference vs. just towels on the beach. Price for the day is $25 but they take the cushions at 5 PM. Another reviewer recommended Frog Pond for breakfast - but we found it to be below average. Eggs were swimming in butter and potatoes tasted like a pound of salt was on them. Also, as mentioned in another review - housekeeping is slow to clean during your stay - average time for the room to be cleaned was 3-4 PM each day. However, we were able to check in early (2 PM) on our arrival, so I can't complain.
Overall stay here if you just want to kick back on the beach for a few days and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree Beach Resort by Hilton is a true combination of Florida and the Tropics! Experience our tropical sun, gentle breezes, powder white sand and the sparkling blue green waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Centrally located between Clearwater & St. Pete Beaches, directly on the Gulf of Mexico. 125 tropically appointed guest rooms, each with a private furnished balcony, 40" flat panel TV with 66 channels including 24 HD channels, mini refrigerator, wireless high-speed internet access, ergonomic desk chair, iron/ironing board, USA Today delivered each weekday morning, two telephones, and CITRON Honey & Coriander by Crabtree & Evelyn Bath Products. Private beach and beachfront swimming pool, 24 hour business center and gift/sundry shop, Mangos Restaurant with indoor/outdoor seating, beachside Tiki Bar featuring live entertainment, and onsite cabana and water sport rentals. Come see us! We'll always have a warm chocolate chip cookie with your name on it ready and waiting! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Beach Resort By Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach Hotel
- Doubletree North Redington Beach
- Doubletree Beach Resort Tampa Bay
- Doubletree Beach Resort By Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach Florida