“One of the best in Clearwater” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach

You added Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach to your Saves list
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   17120 Gulf Blvd, North Redington Beach, FL 33708-1443   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 Property Credit
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, United States
“One of the best in Clearwater”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Had to call some friends to figure out this beach and this hotel was the place to stay in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Great sand, stuff to rent, quality hotel. Typical doubletree upgrades and amenities, great staff, good price (possibly an offseason rate, not sure), and all the nice little touches that makes a difference. Also no hidden fees like some beach hotels.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Couldn't ask for a cheerier, more accommodating staff--even compared to 5 star luxury properties. Hard to beat this hotel on the Gulf beaches. Quality room on the water, just a few steps to the white sandy beach

St.Augustine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We love this hotel we return year after year. The staff is so friendly and they make you feel like family, in a good way. LOL!! The breakfast buffet is lovely and my husband loves that they do eggs to order. The rooms are spotless. The view to the ocean is splendid.

We usually stay at high end hotels typically so this does not have some of those extras. The service makes up for it and just the overall vibe. We have stayed other places and continue to return.

Room Tip: Ocean view room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeLaurie, General Manager at Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
We love to read reviews like yours, "GraceWSt_Augustine"! It means so much to know that you continue to choose to stay with us, year after year. That loyalty is the best compliment we could ever receive! We hope to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,
harrow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Just back from another great week at Redington beach. This hotel really does have the best staff I have met in an hotel. The rooms are clean and a good size.and the position of the hotel right on the beach plus free parking what more can you ask. Remember though that this is not a five star hotel and do not expect it. However having said that then any moaners have nothing better to do !!

Room Tip: Try and upgrade to a sea view its worth iy
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Edwardsville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Exceptional hotel on the Gulf and only a few steps to the Gulf waters. Service is fantastic and food is exceptional. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Location is close to many nice restaurants. We have stayed here about 15 times over the last 10 years and have never been disappointed. Looking forward to returning soon.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

WOW! Thank you, "Thomas W", for posting such a great review! It is so nice to receive 5-star reviews from guests who keep returning year after year! 15 stays in the past 10 years is amazing, and that tells us we must be doing something right! Thank you for your loyalty to our resort and the DoubleTree brand, we hope to see you again soon!

Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Great place to enjoy the beach. On a nice beach with many places to enjoy food and beverage. The sunset was awesome. A very enjoyable experience. Great for solo to family; offers a wide variety of amenities.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Lititz, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I am a working mother with three children and every October, I take a much needed solo vacation on a quite beach, usually somewhere in Florida. I am loyal to the Hilton brand, so this year I chose the Double Tree in North Redington Beach (near Tampa). I normally rent a car, but this year, I decided not to and getting around was a breeze.

Overall - The hotel is right on the beach. What more could you ask for. Like most of the Hilton brand hotels, it is clean and consistent with Hilton's high standards for decor, service and cleanliness.

Beach - The beach was very clean and the water was astoundingly clear with a lot of fish and lots of shells. I collected all different types, including coral, small conch shells in addition to the typical clam shells. There was only one problem with the beach. You have to rent the chairs. They are $20+ daily, which isn't bad, but I think a Hilton property could include chairs for their property. The pool was nice, less crowded and chairs are free.

Rooms - The room was typical of a Doubletree. Standard king, bath, flat tv, desk, chair w/ ottoman, and standard bathroom. There is also a mini fridge which came in handy when I needed a place to keep my bottled water cold.

Restaurant - The restraunt was avearge. The view is the best feature. While having breakfast on the patio, I saw a dolphin swimming about 100' off shore. It was amazing! I couldn't believe it was that close to shore. I am a Hilton Honors member, so breakfast buffet is free. I think I heard the waitress tell someone it is normally $15, and I don't think it is worth that much. There are a couple of breakfast places within walking distance that I probably would have gone to if my breakfast wasn't free.

Staff - The staff was great! They were all very friendly and even let me borrow a phone charger during my staff because I forgot mine.

Transportation - I am including this, because this is a great feature of this location. You don't need a car! I arrived at Tampa Airport and took the Super Shuttle to the hotel for $23. I booked my return trip at the same time so I didn't have to worry about booking later. The hotel is located right along the beach trolley line and rides are only $2.00 one way or $4.50 for an all day pass. Tip: they don't give change, so take dollar bills and quarters or be prepared to forfeit your change.

Attractions - John's Pass Village: I took the beach trolley to the "boardwalk" at John's Pass. There wasn't much of a boardwalk, but there are a lot of restaurants located right on the bay, lots of unique shops and a lot to do. I spent about 30 minutes watching kids fish in the shallow water below the dock. It was amazing and very entertaining to watch them.

This was a great hotel and great experience overall. I think I found my new favorite vacation spot, and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Get ocean front if you can.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much, "Denise O", for your wonderfully detailed 5-star review of our resort! We are so happy that you chose to stay with us during your solo getaway! We really appreciate all the great comments about our location, beach, rooms, staff, local attractions and even transportation advice, which will surely be helpful to others who read your review. It sounds like you had a terrific time, and we hope you will make our resort your favorite "solo getaway" spot for years to come!

Warm Regards,
Terry Graber, General Manager

Been to Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach

Address: 17120 Gulf Blvd, North Redington Beach, FL 33708-1443
Location: United States > Florida > North Redington Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in North Redington Beach
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach 3.5*
DoubleTree Beach Resort by Hilton is a true combination of Florida and the Tropics! Experience our tropical sun, gentle breezes, powder white sand and the sparkling blue green waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Centrally located between Clearwater & St. Pete Beaches, directly on the Gulf of Mexico. 125 tropically appointed guest rooms, each with a private furnished balcony, 40" flat panel TV with 66 channels including 24 HD channels, mini refrigerator, wireless high-speed internet access, ergonomic desk chair, iron/ironing board, USA Today delivered each weekday morning, two telephones, and CITRON Honey & Coriander by Crabtree & Evelyn Bath Products. Private beach and beachfront swimming pool, 24 hour business center and gift/sundry shop, Mangos Restaurant with indoor/outdoor seating, beachside Tiki Bar featuring live entertainment, and onsite cabana and water sport rentals. Come see us! We'll always have a warm chocolate chip cookie with your name on it ready and waiting! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Beach Resort By Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach Hotel
Doubletree North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort Tampa Bay
Doubletree Beach Resort By Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach Florida

If you own or manage Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.