My husband and I just got back from a three night stay at the Doubletree, and had a short but sweet time there. The hotel was booked as part of a package we got via Sunwing, and the entire package was good value for what we paid (early Nov is still slow season which was GREAT for us as the weather is still nice but you basically get the beach and all attractions to yourself - bonus!).
The front-desk lady who greeted us (I don't recall her name but was originally from England) was super pleasant and made us very comfortable, and even agreed to text us when our room was ready (vs. having us as Canadians incur cell costs for a phone call). The warm cookie upon arrival was also a nice touch.
The hotel itself is nice...not spectacular (a little bit dated), but clean, friendly, and safe-feeling. I would absolutely recommend spending a few extra dollars and getting the gulf view - it is beautiful. What a treat to watch the gorgeous sunset from your balcony! I also appreciated the mini-fridge in the room, which they DON'T stock with a bunch of junk so you can actually use it to store a few groceries (we bought some food and drinks for breakfast and snacks). The free wifi is also a plus.
The beach is just wonderful. Again, I'm pretty sure it's because we went in off-season, but we basically had the beach to ourselves, which was great. The beach was clean and long, and you could walk and walk and walk with no end in sight....fantastic!
If you stay there, there isn't a huge selection of restaurants/attractions nearby, so you really do need to have a car (unless you plan to sit on the beach each day and eat only at the hotel or at the limited number of restaurants within walking distance).
Overall, it was exactly what we needed, and we both had a great time :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree Beach Resort by Hilton is a true combination of Florida and the Tropics! Experience our tropical sun, gentle breezes, powder white sand and the sparkling blue green waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Centrally located between Clearwater & St. Pete Beaches, directly on the Gulf of Mexico. 125 tropically appointed guest rooms, each with a private furnished balcony, 40" flat panel TV with 66 channels including 24 HD channels, mini refrigerator, wireless high-speed internet access, ergonomic desk chair, iron/ironing board, USA Today delivered each weekday morning, two telephones, and CITRON Honey & Coriander by Crabtree & Evelyn Bath Products. Private beach and beachfront swimming pool, 24 hour business center and gift/sundry shop, Mangos Restaurant with indoor/outdoor seating, beachside Tiki Bar featuring live entertainment, and onsite cabana and water sport rentals. Come see us! We'll always have a warm chocolate chip cookie with your name on it ready and waiting! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Beach Resort By Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach Hotel
- Doubletree North Redington Beach
- Doubletree Beach Resort Tampa Bay
- Doubletree Beach Resort By Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach Florida