“Wonderful.....family owned....and Ted is always friendly and helpful.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sails Resort and Apartment Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Redington Beach
Sails Resort and Apartment Motel
You added Sails Resort and Apartment Motel to your Saves list
17004 Gulf Boulevard, North Redington Beach, FL 33708   |
Largo
“Wonderful.....family owned....and Ted is always friendly and helpful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We just left Sails Resort today and made reservations for September/October before we left.. We have been coming to Sails Resort for 18 years and have never had anything less than a wonderful time.The owner, Ted, is continually improving the property, it is always clean, and he does everything he can to make sure you have a wonderful visit. This is an older, but updated property with small apartments on 2 levels, most with separate kitchens. The courtyard is lovely and the beach is only steps from any room. If you are looking for a hotel with all the amenities, this isn't the place for you. If you enjoy a quiet, laid back family place, you will love it!

Room Tip: If you enjoy the ocean, get gulf front, or gulf view room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Redington Shores, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We live nearby and our in-laws stayed at this nice place several times. They liked it. We recommended it to another relative who had never been here. In anticipation of her arrival I called and asked if we could come over and put some basic supplies in the little efficiency apartment for her. I was told that I could, but that I had to leave right away. Confused, I thought the heavily accented man misunderstood me. But he further told me if I was there longer than 10 or 20 minutes I would have to pay him $10. EACH TIME I WENT THERE! I assumed he thought I would be staying in the room, so I assured him I lived nearby and just wanted to make sure there was coffee etc. in the room. He proceeded to tell me in a very unfriendly tone that any time I visited the place I would have to pay him $10 if I stayed more than 20 minutes. Even picking her up to go out! I was flabbergasted. He assured me that all the hotels do this because of people letting all their friends and family in to use the pool etc. He specifically mentioned the Doubletree Hotel. I called the manager of the Doubletree and was told, of course that this was ludicrous and untrue. We are all in our mid 60's and are incredulous that somebody would be so nasty. We never told my sister about this and she had a nice stay. (I never stayed longer than 20 minutes!) Hence the 2 star rating. I will NEVER recommend this place to anyone again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Grafton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Never expected to be treated so poorly! I have never been treated so horrible anywhere! I would never recommend this place to anyone!!! Owner Ted needs anger management! He screamed at my family and basically tried to ruin our trip! All over the 10.00 per person extra charge they make you pay per person who is just visiting u for 5 mins! I'm so upset had I known that ridiculous rule I would have stayed and payed for a Much Nicer resort!!! Room is old carpet is horrible. The bed and blankets were awful and the TV was a box older than dirt! Please stay somewhere worthwhile no one deserves to be treated the way our family was! Your property is a waste of time and Ted needs to find a new profession because obviously HOSPITALITY is not for him!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Oviedo, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Ted, who identified himself as the owner was incredibly rude. He was not clear on his properties requirements, and could not or would not explain. We have stayed here before and the room was acceptable, very small, but ok. Grounds were beautiful, but nothing makes up for such a rude owner. Clearly guest service is not a priority to them. So disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I've been traveling to this area of Florida about every couple years for 25 years & Sails is the best place I've stayed at. I don't have a single complaint. Service was excellent, accommodations were great , grounds were excellent & other guests were very friendly. It reminds me of older Florida & it's quaint, smaller, friendly, homey & I am definitely going back as soon as I can. I love the older, smaller privately owned places & this one is it for me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This motel/apartments complex was right on the beach. All the communal areas were clean and the pool looked clean, although we didn't have enough time to enjoy it. Our room wasn't cleaned/serviced one of the days we stayed there so we didn't get clean towels and the largest towels to shower with were really small and hard. The apartment had a living room, 2 closets, small kitchen with full size refrigerator, small bathroom (remodeled), and nice size bedroom with two full size beds. The beach in North Redington is excellent, white silky sands, blue-greenish water, pretty cold though.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is an older Florida beach motel that has had quite a lot of work done to it. The grounds of the Sails are immaculate, so much so that there is a do not walk on the grass sign. They take pride in the look of the grounds at the Sails and it shows.

The rooms are reasonably priced, we were in a small motel room in peak season for $81 a night with no cleaning fee. Beach side for that price in peak season is a bonus. Our room was tiny (motel room)n but it was advertised as being small so we got what we expected and what we paid for.

There is a huge concrete pad at the beach side which is an absolute bonus if you want to sit and eat or read near the beach without actually being on the sand.

They have a shuffle board court (?) and it's beach side, we loved it!

The towels are like large sandpaper, if you are picky about towels I'd suggest packing one of your own for showering.

The pool is large and deep, unfortunately this seems to the pool being a bit colder than expected. We could swim but no one was staying in the pool any longer than necessary.

Room Tip: The rooms are accurately listed on the Sails website so make sure you pay close attention to what yo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sails Resort and Apartment Motel? Share your experiences!