“shocked by how we treated” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Far Horizons Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Redington Beach
Far Horizons Motel
Save Saved
You added Far Horizons Motel to your Saves list
17248 Gulf Boulevard, North Redington Beach, FL 33708   |
Canton, Ga
“shocked by how we treated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed for July 4th weekend in 2010. This place a fairly clean, reasonably priced, and our kids loved the pool. We came back for the July 4th week of 2011. This time we got a a room facing the gulf. We really enjoyed our stay. We never had any guests in our room, we cleaned up our room before we checked out, and we were respectful of those around us. We reserved the same room for next year, but a month after we got back home, we recieved a letter saying that due to complaints of having guests during our stay we were not welcome back next year. We are shocked! My husband called thinking that they got the wrong people. He was told that this was an association decision. Noone ever said anything to us while we were there. We would never knowingly break rules or disrespect anyone. I suspect that the owners decided that they wanted the room fro someone else.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
TP4103, Owner at Far Horizons Motel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I would just like to add that we do not put people on our do not return list unless we have a very strong reason for it. I would just like to say on our behalf that this family had a large amount of family members staying at a property close by . My other guests complained that they took over the pool area, and had about 22 extra people at our hotel. When a large amount of our guests have the same complaint we must take action to ensure everyone has a good time. Our other guests were very uncomfortable, and we had to take action to ensure this did not happen again.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dover, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

My girlfriends and I have stayed here for about 14 years. We never caused any problems and always tipped the housekeepers and front desk. We always reserve our room one year in advance when we leave. Last May 2010 we reserved our room for May 2011. Six weeks before our reservation, we were contacted that our room, a one bedroom on the first floor, was no longer available for May 2011. The management had decided to no longer rent this room but we could have a second floor room in the back corner. One friend is 70+ and not good at stairs with all our luggage(motel does not have an elevator). Why would you wait so long to inform a guest that their room was no longer available? Not good customer service in my eyes. We found a great room two motels north and will now stay there. Far Horizons will NOT receive any money from my friends and I. Condition of the motel has also deteriorated in the past few years.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

My family has been going to the Far Horizons for the past 14 years. We would occupy anywhere from 5 to 8 rooms for a long weekend. We always had a great time. We always reserved our rooms for the next year the last day of our stay, being told we had to wait til that day to reserve.
However, this year, the day I got there (Thurs) were ROACHES in the bathroom, under the sink in the kitchenette and on the floor in the living area. The first night there was sand all over the bed.
Day 2 (Fri) I told they young lady in the office. The housekeepers came and changed the sheets on the bed. Nothing was done about the roaches.
Day 3 (Sat) there was a LIVE ROACH in the bathtub, and one crawling across the bed. Again, I told the young lady in the office. She was disinterested. Nothing done.
Day 4 (Sun) The office was closed so there was no way to ask if they were going to do anything about the roaches, and of course no clean towels.
Day 5 (Mon) A member of our family went to the office to reserve their room for next year and was told by the young lady at the desk that their room had already been taken!! Then as I was packing I pulled the sheets down on my bed to make sure nothing was left in the bed and I found a dead roach at the end of the bed. I had the young lady from the office come into the room to show her. She acted shocked at that and also the other roached in the room. I guess she didn't believe me for the past several days. When a family member commented that the health department would not approve of the conditions she told me that I would be reimbursed for the weekend.
WELL..................It is now the end of October and I have not been reimbursed a dime. I have called several times and all she says is that the president of the association has told her no. She will not give me the presidents phone number or address for me to contact her.
My family had wonderful "family weekends" for 14 years and now we will never go back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

We Stayed on Easter sunday & left on thursday.We had a room down stairs gulf veiw with a balcony.OMG what a veiw....WE LOVED IT!!!! We have two Daughters 6 & 7 and they had so much fun, It was from the heated pool to the beach to play in the sand.Very glad we looked at the reviews,Not a 5 star hotel but it felt like one. This has been one of the most Perfect vacation we have had. Great Staff in the office,very Friendly maid service.needless to say YES we will tell all our Friend & Family about this Place. Can't wait till next year!!! PS.. We Brought our own pillows and had a great night Sleep.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

Stayed here a couple days for the first time. We would go back. Rooms are clean, front office and help is very friendly. Pool was oh so warm; it was GREAT! Right on the beach and had a great deck to sit and sun on. Also no problem parking as with some other places.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
perrysburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

Beach is literally outside the back door. 4th time in 3 years in the area and this location was closest to the water. Lots of beach for walking. Plenty of chairs. Friendly guests and staff. Very accomodating, though not bothersome. Great sunsets. No hairdryers in room but one to borrow. Husband liked lazyboy. Husband would have liked TV in bedroom. Would like to have had a full-length mirror in the room. Pool area had plenty of seats. Kitchen had all imaginable utensils, etc. Liked the location because it was a little less spring-break crowd and more family crowd. More condos/hotels and less commercialization. Enjoyed Conch Republic (2 for 1 happy hour and good food) and Kenny's Korner for bfast. JD's (Indian Rocks) had good wings, but less impressive breakfast. Best meal grouper ceaser salad at Woody's in St. Pete beach.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Leesburg,FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

We have been staying at Far Horizons for the past three years, at least once sometimes twice a year. The location is wonderful, staff is very friendly, the room has usually be very clean, and the price can't be beat! Yes, the beds are hard, as mentioned in previous reviews, but the beautiful sunsets make up for that! This time, however, the room was not as clean as usual, towels were stained, and the placemats on the table were gross. We also had bed bugs visit us during the night, lots, in both beds. As it was 3:00 a.m. there wasn't much we could do until the office opened at 8:00. We were given a full refund (we were suppose to be staying for the weekend and this was only Friday) but we were disappointed in that they did not offer much of an apology or offer some enticment to possibly keep our business. Not sure we will be back which is sad after going to the same motel for several years.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Far Horizons Motel? Share your experiences!