“Great Value, Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandalwood Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Redington Beach
Sandalwood Beach Resort
You added Sandalwood Beach Resort to your Saves list
17100 Gulf Boulevard, North Redington Beach, FL 33708   |
Special Offer
10% OFF WEEK-STAY
Downstate Illinois
“Great Value, Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

We were in a bind for a room on short notice and located the Sandalwood through a realtor. I called and booked the room for 3 nights before reading the reviews on the internet. Needless to say, I was very worried and even tried to make alternate arrangements before we arrived. I'm actually quite glad I was unable to change plans. We stayed in a one bedroom gulf view room on the second floor and it was actually very nice. It was not the Ritz, but it was clean and had a beautiful balcony 50 yards from the gulf. The building is older and in need of some renovation, but the pool area was well landscaped and well maintained. The room had two double beds, a larger living room and small kitchenette. The front of the room was all glass and allowed for beautiful views of the gulf. The housekeeper was pleasant and brought us clean towels daily and emptied the trash. There is a nice little restaurant open Wednesday - Sunday inside the hotel that serves burgers if you don't want to leave the beach. The Sandalwood was short drive from John's Pass Village which offers shops and loads of activities. I would suggest bringing beach chairs as the rentals are not inexpensive and not mobile. In short, for $140 tax included, you get a gulf front suite with a 20' balcony, in an older resort, that is clean and right on the beach.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

Just returned from a trip for our sons wedding. We found the resort very clean and desk managers very friendly. I slept better than I have in long time. The pool was very clean and so relaxing. Great price although not fancy I did not stress out over the price. We had a ocean view room on second floor. My parents stayed in hotel nearby for more money without ocean view and my dad liked our room better.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

Check in late Saturday night and when we went into room we couldn't belive how the room smelled like urine and how dirty the room was. Air didn't work and there was dead bugs on floor. Stay away the pictures on the internet must of been taken 20 years ago.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Ft. Mitchell, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

We have been coming to The Sandalwood for 20 years. The staff is excellent. They take care of our every need. Over the years we have tried numerous rooms. All have been updated. Gulf view rooms are great if you like to sit and watch the Gulf and sunsets. Guests with inside rooms watch the sunsets from the first floor deck right off the beach. The pool is awesome. We love the atrium. They have a nice rec room where the guests can get together for games and fun. This resort is the closest to the Gulf in this area. Over the years we have brought our Kids and Grandkids to The Sandalwood. They have all loved it. The grandkids want to go back. We will be there next year.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
holiday, fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

We stayed at the Sandlewood Resort 7/4/08 and lasted about an hour before leaving. The staff was absolutely rude, and I have never been treated so poorly in my life. We booked a suite with a total of 4 people. The hotel staff refused to provide us parking, and additional towels. When we complained to the lady at the desk, she told us "I can just refund your money, and you can go somewhere else, I can rent your room out in 2 minutes!" She didn't want to hear any of our concerns, and when we pressed, she had us removed by the police. None of us was drunk or disordely. This was the most horrendous experience I have had with a hotel. I will never stay at this place again (the room smelled of urine!) Please avoid this place at all costs!

• Liked — right off the beach
  • Disliked — the staff and the room cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2008

Stayed at this hotel 3 nites June 2008. It is in North Redington next to Double Tree. I love these kinds of hotels - from the 50's or 60's. 3 story with elevator. We had an oceanfront efficiency on 3rd floor overlooking beach with huge balcony - 2 lounges, table and 4 chairs. The staff were friendly and anxious to please. The price, while not cheap, was reasonable at $109. The room was efficiency, nicely furnished with new looking ceramic tile floors, white couch (clean - how do they keep it that way??), 2 recliners, and a MURPHY BED! What a great idea - comfortable but out of the way when not in use. Fully equipped Kitchenette. Four skylights - two in living room, one in kitchen, and one OVER THE SHOWER! Love to see pelicans fly over while im showering! Too cool! Only problem was last nite there, girl in adjacent room was in a cell phone argument at 4am on her balcony. We were sleeping with our louvers open to hear the surf, but were awakened by her. I went out and told her to keep it down or go back inside. Next morning mentioned it to staff and they promised they would take care of it. I LOVE THIS PLACE! Pool was sparkling and in courtyard. Parking free. Location excellent - public can use Tiki Bar next door at the DoubleTree. Will return for future visits.

• Liked — Location and friendliness of staff. Room decor. Balcony. Access to beach/water. (Treasure Island beach too wide)
  • Disliked — Would have liked to have paid less, but who wouldn't. Would have liked coffee packets in room.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

This is an older complex - Clean and On the Beach! It is great to have affordable beach front complexes. So many places are very expensive and make it hard to have a family vacation or a nice get away - you can do that at the Sandalwood. If you're looking for luxury, this isn't it. But, if you're looking for a clean affordable beach property with a pool - you've found it. ------ They are good to their guest. We return year after year. We have never been yelled at like the last guest stated , but then, we don't bother anybody. The pool is Always clean as well as the rooms. There are so few of these types of hotels around, I hope the mom & pop type atmosphere stays around. ----I've never written a review before but after reading a couple that I thought were unfair I felt I needed to write. Make your own decision and most of all, enjoy your vacation.

• Liked — Beach, Pool, Clean and Convenient
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sandalwood Beach Resort? Share your experiences!