“Excellent Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandalwood Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Redington Beach
Sandalwood Beach Resort
10% OFF WEEK-STAY
Naperville, Illinois
“Excellent Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I visited in October for an extended weekend. We were concerned given some of the online reviews of the place, but took a chance anyways. The exterior of the building was a bit dated, but the room we stayed in was quite nice. A big plus was that it was located so close to the beach! The resort was quiet and the people were friendly and helpful. Good restaurants and shops were located nearby. Overall, we had a lovely stay and look forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: You'll have a choice of several different rooms. There's a lot of variation in their qualit...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Sandalwood for a weekend in unit #226 and we were very pleased. The hotel is located directly on the beach, walking distance to a number of restaurants and Tiki bars and a short drive to Clearwater. Our room was clean, nice bed and a flat screen TV. This place it's a great value for the money that you pay. Beautiful ocean view and sunset. We were so lucky to find nice people at the front desk. After we checkout, we realized my daughter forgot a retainer in the hotel room. I called the next morning and they arranged to mail it to New York. I will come back in the near future!

Room Tip: get the oceanfront rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
kingston ont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We recently stayed at the Sandalwood for a weekend in unit #357 and we were very pleased. The hotel is located in an excellent location, directly on the beach, walking distance to a number of restaurants and Tiki bars and a short drive to the busy and popular John's Pass. Our room was great, Nice Kingsize bed and the new 47” flat screen TV was a nice added bonus. We could tell a lot of work had been done recently because we had stayed in the same unit last year. Fresh paint, new tile flooring throughout, new window treatment…etc. An excellent value for the money if you ask me, not to mention the beautiful ocean view and sunset….As a side note, the restaurant is now open which is another benefit…

Room Tip: We didn't use the pool but It looked inviting as there we others swimming and sitting around hav...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

We came here with some friends who have stayed here every year for the past 10 years, as I came to check in I was told very derect that there were no outside guest allowed & I would be charged $50 per person that did not have a room here! No sorry or why, just plain to the point! We put that there would be 2 kids & 2 adults, when I got in our room we had 2 towels! The next evening we sat out by the pool & made some new friends, another guest came out & yelled at everyone in the pool area telling them to quite down (are room was on the 1st floor & right next to the office) we could not hear anyone outside, how this guy heard people when he was on the 2nd floor I have no idea. The next morning another family was to blame for this, I told the lady at the front desk that it was not them & she didn't beleave me even after I told her I was sitting out there with the other family. They were theartning to kick them out & they had 3 rooms here & spent over $3000 to stay here, & NO REFUND! On our last morning there I ask if we could have a late checkout? I was told they would have to charge me a half day for just another 30 mins. I even said just till 11:30 & she replied again it would be a half day fee, no sorry the rooms is booked or anything!
I we treated very rudely from the very start & I've never been here before & we will not be coming back! Even our friends who've been coming here for 10 years will no longer stay here! Even an owner of one of the condos told me that if it wasn't for the condo owners this place would not be here that the staff is to rude!
There's a nice lil cafe that is here, the food was good & a decent price, friendly too! But they are not owned or run by the hotel! A good thing! I only had a problem with the front desk staff (beside 1 gentelmen, he was nice), the maintence guy was very nice, the rooms are nice, love how its more an appartment then just a room! If they get new front desk (which the sign out front said they were hiring, guess that should've told me something!) I may come back.

The Schlopy family

• Stayed July 2012
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

When you book for a hoilday they dont let you know you have to wear a arm band and can not have an VISITORS.My room was ok, housekeeper was nice, but the women at the desk were rude. Joanne was nice,Peggy and Romana were the two rudest women I have ever meet. If you were to get rid of them both it would be 5 star. Then someone used the bath room in the pool and Romana didnt close the pool to the next day. Then the manager "Peggy"apoliged for Romana that she is having problems at home with her husband sorry thats not my problem Im there on vacation to enjoy myself not to be Dr,Phil. I was there with my family and had 8 rooms, and know wants to go back. So when you call ask if Romana are Peggy are there if they are I would really think twice about booking. I stayed there June 30th and checked out July&th 2012.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We booked this hotel for a long weekend get away and also to attend the graduation beach party for our best friend's niece. We stayed in an ocean front room on the third floor, with a great view! Our room was right next to our friend's family suite which worked out fine. We just wished that the adjoining door could have been used.
The room is well furnished, clean and with a suprisingly comfortable murphy bed.
The location of the resort is very accessible to nice restaurants, shopping and sightseing. We would come back!

Room Tip: Pick the ocean front rooms!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I work in hospitality and have never complained in my life. I am actually staying at this dump for the 4th of July and have already had a horrible experience. Every year my family and I stay at the Seabreeze as it is prime location and beautiful. This year, since the younger kids are older we decided to try and venture to another venue so we could all have separate rooms and more privacy. In May my family and I excitedly booked 9 rooms due to our large family. At the time I booked, I was given the list of "rules" and was completely ok with that. However, a family member called yesterday to get more information on ADDING ANOTHER ROOM TO OUR RESERVATION OF 9 ROOMS and she was treated very poorly and was even hung up on. When she called the lady back and asked if they were disconnected or hung up on, RAMONA the horrible associate told my cousin she hung up on her because she was tired of listening to her.

We are now 2 weeks away from our reservation, and are stuck staying at this hell hole as other condos are booked in the area. Ironically, this establishment still has plenty availability as I am sure people did not take kindly to their RUDE staff! I am very disappointed in their horrible poor customer service. It is ridiculous for our group to spend approx $6000.00 for 4 days and be treated unkindly. I now work for a travel company and I will not only never stay there again, but due to the lack of consideration from the staff I will never recommend this venue either. It is very unfortunate as we are also returning to the St. Pete beach area the week of July 15th and were considering utilizing Sandalwood again, but not anymore.

Usually when people go on vacation, they are excited and happy. Thanks to their horrendous staff, we are already off to a rough start with ours. I sent over an email to their "head" manager but never received a response (I only wanted an apology for the disrespect they have shown my family but apparently they do not care at all). Additionally, I am sure their staff will not read it since they do not care to talk to people on the phone. These people should not be able to treat consumers that way. They obviously do not like money.

RAMONA, JOANN and PEGGY are the rudest group of women I have ever encountered. I wish i could use the words I REALLY WANT TO USE but then i would be as unprofessional as they are.

Room Tip: Find a different venue! Seriously... Do not ruin your vacation to save a few dollars... I learned th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sandalwood Beach Resort? Share your experiences!