“Best Breakfast Buffet. Period.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Caribbean, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Taste the tropics in Mangos Restaurant! Enjoy a casual yet elegant setting with views of the Gulf of Mexico from every seat as you dine indoors or outside on our Verandah and savor our award winning "Florida/Caribbean Cuisine". Spectacular sunsets give way to tiki torches, starlit skies and island music as you enjoy a cool tropical drink at the Beachside Tiki Bar which offers drinks, snacks, light lunches and dinners.
Tampa, Florida
“Best Breakfast Buffet. Period.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

My friend and I (both in our mid-20s) ate at Mango's breakfast buffet last Sunday morning. It was $10.95 per person, plus drinks were extra ($2 for coffee). It was worth every single penny.

They had such a wide range of breakfast foods - the typical breads/oatmeal/cereal/muffins/pastries, to fruit and yogurt, to hot items such as eggs benedict (the only thing I didn't really care for), bacon, sausage, hash, scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy and more. Everything was cooked PERFECTLY. They had a made-to-order omlette station with a wide variety of ingredients - the best omlette I've ever had!

The service was awesome. It was just 2 of us and our server gave us a big water pitcher and our own coffee pitcher so we never went thirsty or had to flag her down for refills. Everyone from the servers to the hosts to the omlette guy were friendly as can be.

The one thing that set me over the edge in love with this place is the VIEW! It was a hot August morning when we went but we sat outside on their covered patio just steps from the sand...the covering and the ceiling fans made it comfortable. We ate a fantastic breakfast while watching the Gulf waters...there's nothing better than that!

You don't have to be a guest of the Doubletree to eat here - there is free covered parking. If you are anywhere near this area, you MUST eat here for breakfast. I believe its every Saturday from 8am to 11am and Sundays until November from 8am to 1pm. I will definitely be back!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boston
“Watery drinks, yet priceless views!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

My main problem with the Tiki Bar is I have never had a more watered down pina colada in my life. I actually tried sending back my drink b/c I insisted it had no alcohol in it, the waitress, while very polite, told me that they are only allowed one and a half ounces of alcohol in each mixed drink. Trust me, there was a lot less than that in mine. She was nice enough to take it back to the bar and add a little extra for me as a gesture, but after several visits to the tiki bar that week, I realized I was wasting my money ordering slush fruit drinks and paying prices as if they were heavily primed with alcohol. The staff was always friendly, and the appetizers were very good. Did I mention the amazing ocean views? The views are priceless, but if you are interested in some fruity mixed drinks with even a trace of alcohol, you'll have to go elsewhere! The staff would get much better tips from patrons if they could just allow them to actually make a nice mixed drink!! Yes and I should mention the Tiki Bar has a very nice live entertainer who plays cover songs with a guitar usually Fri/Sat/Sun and this certainly adds a nice atmosphere to the decks. Wonderful hotel to stay at, just beware the drinks are purely for show!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
REDINGTON BEACH, FL
“A weekly regular from across the street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

I love the atmosphere here at Mangos and have a late lunch here at least once a week. I love their staff and the food is wonderful (especially love the grouper sandwich).
My only very strong suggestion, is that they change the menu somewhat, as many locals dine there regularly and would like a change every now and then... then I'd visit more.

Tampa Bay area, FL
“Thanksgiving Buffet at Mangos 2008”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2008

We looked forward to our visit to Mangos' Thanksgiving buffet for days. This has been one of our favorite choices for Thanksgiving dinner in the years we decided not to cook. Our past experiences were so positive we enthusiastically suggested Mangos to friends we were going out with.

How embarassing .... !!! Unlike years past, selections were limited to one hot vegetable choice and one potato choice. Salad was limited to a spring green mix. Desserts - 3 or 4 types of pie.

The topper ? .... no roast turkey available !!!; when we got to that station we saw a ravaged turkey carcas on the carving table - slices of processed turkey roll next to it. The carver made no mention of another turkey being available - when I asked him he said, "Nope. This is it, I guess." (Later our wonderful server Kristen told us the kitchen had sent out another roast turkey). When we went for dessert - THEY WERE OUT OF PUMPKIN PIE !!!!!! How does that happen at a Thanksgiving meal ? We also had to tell the support staff that the cocktail sauce and cranberry sauce bowls were empty.

The conversation with the manager was interesting; his standard response was 'I'm really sorry but I don't know how this happened, I guess the chef didn't plan well.' No offer to cover a round of drinks or any other compensation.

The +'s were: beautiful setting with an outstanding sunset, great peel n eat shrimp and oysters on the half shell. The food we had was excellent (except the terrible turkey roll). The house chardonnay was very good. Our server Kristen is a very accomplished waitress with wonderful cutomer service skills. The rest of the crew appeared to have little or no training in the hospitality business.

Bottom line ... if you're looking for a good buffet meal on the water ... try Shepherd's in Clearwater. Costs a few $$$'s more and the view isn't quite as spectacular but the buffet is fab.

We're doing a group dinner tomorrow. On the menu .....roast turkey and some traditional fall vegetables.

Hamilton, Canada
“Yummmmmy!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2007

The best food I've ever had while being away, possibly best food I've ever had, EVER!!!