“Good for your budget” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Shores West

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Redington Beach
Grand Shores West
Save Saved
You added Grand Shores West to your Saves list
17350 Gulf Blvd., North Redington Beach, FL 33708   |
chicago
“Good for your budget”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The owners call it a "resort." I'd like to disagree....the beds were in poor shape, the room was small, tiny kitchen, no-frills bathroom. BUT I loved the price. The pool was fine. They had comfortable lounge chairs on the beach. At no charge! And a guy with a catamaran who let you sail it if you had experience, which I do. Also, no charge! Our balcony faced the ocean....so breakfast and lunch facing the ocean - what's not to like about THAT? But it's rather "austere" - the carpeting in the common spaces is outrageously dirty and awful....don't walk on it barefoot! Owners not particularly nice or friendly. It's probably a tough business, so I didn't expect much. But a warm greeting when you arrive would have been nice. They want you to pay in advance, which I found off-putting. Guess they've been stiffed in the past. Too bad. I checked out the room before paying and found it clean; it's just NOT a luxurious place by any stretch of the imagination. So if dollars are tight, this could be a good fit for you. Very kid-friendly - they were all over the place. Ugh. But that's what one expects along the Florida ocean in summer, so you roll with the punches. It's definitely not the kind of place I'd go to for a romantic getaway! But for relaxation in the sun with the added bonus of the watercraft made it OK-PLUS for me!

Room Tip: Can't help you there ---at least get a room facing the pool or ocean and not the busy boulevard...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dalhousie, New Brunswick, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have been going there for 11 years and have been very pleased with the people and the place. I do a little extra cleaning but that is me. The service and the beach is excellent. Personally I know many people that stay there in March and April and very happy with all The owners are respectful and their best but some of the people that rent are !!!!.I would not in the world want to try to control a lot of the renters. If you want the Rivera pay the PRICE. This is very good for the price and maybe a little better as the people are great at my time of year

Room Tip: Stay home if you are looking for the Ritz.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I spent a week here with a friend, who's sister owns a time share. The location is awesome and the beach area is quite nice. They have a pitch-in on Wednesdays that is worth participating in and the pool and hot tub are nice. Front desk staff wasn"t very friendly or helpful, but rest of staff as very nice and willing to help. Most serious complaint has to do with the condition of the rooms. Mostly cosmetic things, but woefully neglected. Even so, the prices are right and so is everything else. My husband and I are considering getting a time share here, but would really push for improvements.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Palm Desert, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This resort was extremely dissapointing. It was rundown dirty and unkempt. We checked in late Saturday night and couldn't wait to get out. We moved out first thing Monday morning and am so glad we did. We'll NEVER go back. Photos look Ok but wallpaper is dirty and peeling off wall. A/C unit is over bed and you have to duck under it to get up. Carpets all need replacing etc. I asked for another room but was told they are all the same. Let me repeat: I will never go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Maine, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have owned a timeshare here for two years now. The location is perfect! The building and rooms are dated and do need updating. However, if you mention specifics to the staff, they listen and may do some upgrades for you. Prices are good, people are great and overall just a very cozy place to be. Time spent in rooms in minimal so the dated aspects are not a concern for us!

Room Tip: Get an ocean side room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Davison, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have been coming here for years, my sister and brother in law bought here years ago and though the rooms are in dire straights of a major face lift the beach and pool area is awesome and the staff is nice for the most part ( everyone has there days lol) but the location is great, one of the best reason to stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed here more than any other hotel/resort in more than 10 countries. The owners have done a great job maintaining the place and made some really good improvements to it over the years. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We did find a couple of small things wrong with the room, but they were fixed without a problem. The beachfront is absolutely awesome. I don't think you'll find a place like this for the price anywhere else. It is a quiet, family atmosphere. They don't have the distractions other resorts have, but they have plenty of sand, a warm pool and a safe environment for the kiddos. Our unit, 504 had a loft, a bedroom,a roll-away bed, a bed and a pull-out couch in the living room. There's internet in the rooms, free Sunday papers, a functioning kitchen and some really smart people on what to do in the area. I recommend John's Pass, SeaBreeze (must have), Candy Kitchen, the Wine Cellar ($$$$), and the Bird Sanctuary (free). There are free cabanas, kayaks and sailboats available (during the day) for guests. No renting like at other hotels a few doors down (Hilton). I brought my kids this year for the first time. This makes 4 generations to holiday here. I plan on coming back too. A great self-catered holiday!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Grand Shores West? Share your experiences!