“Great Location BUT.............” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Shores West

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Redington Beach
Grand Shores West
You added Grand Shores West to your Saves list
17350 Gulf Blvd., North Redington Beach, FL 33708   |
Rockaway Beach N.Y.
“Great Location BUT.............”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Place is very dated, everything is dingy & smells! Front desk staff leaves a lot to be desired! I asked to see room before checking in! Best thing I did, as when we went into room lots of small bugs (cockroaches) crawling on the counter and in sink. We backed right out of the room. This place needs a bomb and then gut it and update everything! Great Location BUT............. thats it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I bought my timeshare here on EBay, without having been there, then read the other reviews before going, I was wondering what to expect... well, let's see,
Yes, the decor is dated, but, the bed was firm and comfortable, the furnishings are sturdy and not broken, the one bedroom unit we have has a beautiful view! The kitchen appliances may be older, but worked, and everything was clean. I took my crockpot from home, and used it too so dinner could cook while I was out on the beach and in the pool.
Tuesday night, I mentioned to Gayle (I hope I spelled it as she likes since IDK, but she is FANTASTIC!) at the front desk that one electrical outlet did not work, and another sparked when I plugged in my computer, and maintenance was knocking on my door Wenesday morning and had both outlets replaced that day.
We really enjoyed the use of the cabanas, and the catamaran, the grills, and the pool and hot tub. Unfortunately the WiFi did not pick up well in our unit, but, worked fine on the balconey, and in the lobby. I was disappointed that the Pot Luck BBQ was cancelled, I had signed up to go and was looking forwards to getting to know more people there too.
I talked to people whose families have been going there for more than 2 and 3 decades, and locals who have bought units just so they could use the amenities of the resort throughout the year. It's a great family place, not fancy, but comfortable. My friends came down to visit and enjoyed it too!
My daughters and I really enjoyed our time at Grand Shores West and are already looking forwards to our vacation next year!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

We just got home from grand shores. We had a great time. Staff friendly, rooms were clean, right on the beach. We are from the Tampa bay area so we really don't enjoy blowing a thousand dollars or more to stay in basically our own back yard, so the price is great. No it's not the ritz but it's very nice.

• Stayed July 2012
Decorah, IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

If right on the beach is what you are looking for....this is the place. Rooms are small and dated, but clean. Service at front desk is so so. Not much to say but this place is old and could use an upgrade, but the location is nice! Limited parking is not so nice though.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Largo, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We have had a timeshare here for many years. It was given to us by our parents who bought into it when they were building it. It is rundown and has many, many problems that never get fixed. Last year we arrived and the air conditioner was broken.. The wall behind the refrigerator was never replaced after a plumbing problem. The refrigerator door opens the wrong way and you can't open the drawers. The tile floors are cracked, The bathroom was filthy when we arrived. The rugs smell mouldy, We always take our cleaning supplies with us because it is always dirty and needs to be cleaned when we get there. The outside pool area used to have a deck made of treated lumber that was so bad that the the boards were popping up. Every year there were complaints to fix it but it never got fixed until an elderly gentlemen tripped on one of the loose boards and had to be taken to the ER. Last year they were renting rooms to 10 to 15 people in a room (they sleep 2) It was terribly noisy until early morning and when we complained to the staff we were told and I am quoting "what do you want me to do about it?". I can't specify enough on how rude and uncaring the staff is. People had plates of greasy food in the pool and bottles of beer. Kids were running wild and jumping in the water with no regard to others and once again when complaints were given to the staff they did nothing. The staff is either never there or very rude. We've been going there for over 20 yrs and the only thing that has been fixed properly or updated is the pool area. The only reason we go back is because we love the area and our neighbors that we only get to see once a year. If you are not an owner don't even consider renting this place, it is atrocious! Oh yeah , don't expect to get a parking place. The smart ones get there early or wait until someone leaves for dinner takes a spot and never moves their car for the entire week. We have come to think of our neighbors that share our week as family and I can't stress enough that that is the only reason we return, if not for that we woukd have sold out long ago. Yes the rooms are cheap to rent but even if they were $20 a night it would not be a good value when you add in the frustration value.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Tamao
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is our family vacation every year since I had my first child who is now 10 this place is run down, dirty, and the staff is rude. For being " family owned" it really lacks in warmth and customer service! The rooms we had have roaches, stink, and I have to bring my cleaning supplies every year! We r finally selling our time share and actually feel bad about selling our bad vacation to someone else. The pool area is ok if u like crowded. If you stay here bring your own sheets, cleaning supplies and a plug in and you will be ok! Oh and if you need help with the air breaking down or fridge leaking I hope your a good do it yourselfer on vacation!!

Room Tip: Here is a tip bring ur cleaning supplies and tool kit, roach spray and your own sheets and pillows!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I love this place! It always amazes me every time we go as a family. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Grand Shores West? Share your experiences!