“Great location...not much else.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Shores West

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Redington Beach
Grand Shores West
You added Grand Shores West to your Saves list
17350 Gulf Blvd., North Redington Beach, FL 33708   |
Decorah, IA
“Great location...not much else.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

If right on the beach is what you are looking for....this is the place. Rooms are small and dated, but clean. Service at front desk is so so. Not much to say but this place is old and could use an upgrade, but the location is nice! Limited parking is not so nice though.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Largo, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We have had a timeshare here for many years. It was given to us by our parents who bought into it when they were building it. It is rundown and has many, many problems that never get fixed. Last year we arrived and the air conditioner was broken.. The wall behind the refrigerator was never replaced after a plumbing problem. The refrigerator door opens the wrong way and you can't open the drawers. The tile floors are cracked, The bathroom was filthy when we arrived. The rugs smell mouldy, We always take our cleaning supplies with us because it is always dirty and needs to be cleaned when we get there. The outside pool area used to have a deck made of treated lumber that was so bad that the the boards were popping up. Every year there were complaints to fix it but it never got fixed until an elderly gentlemen tripped on one of the loose boards and had to be taken to the ER. Last year they were renting rooms to 10 to 15 people in a room (they sleep 2) It was terribly noisy until early morning and when we complained to the staff we were told and I am quoting "what do you want me to do about it?". I can't specify enough on how rude and uncaring the staff is. People had plates of greasy food in the pool and bottles of beer. Kids were running wild and jumping in the water with no regard to others and once again when complaints were given to the staff they did nothing. The staff is either never there or very rude. We've been going there for over 20 yrs and the only thing that has been fixed properly or updated is the pool area. The only reason we go back is because we love the area and our neighbors that we only get to see once a year. If you are not an owner don't even consider renting this place, it is atrocious! Oh yeah , don't expect to get a parking place. The smart ones get there early or wait until someone leaves for dinner takes a spot and never moves their car for the entire week. We have come to think of our neighbors that share our week as family and I can't stress enough that that is the only reason we return, if not for that we woukd have sold out long ago. Yes the rooms are cheap to rent but even if they were $20 a night it would not be a good value when you add in the frustration value.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Tamao
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is our family vacation every year since I had my first child who is now 10 this place is run down, dirty, and the staff is rude. For being " family owned" it really lacks in warmth and customer service! The rooms we had have roaches, stink, and I have to bring my cleaning supplies every year! We r finally selling our time share and actually feel bad about selling our bad vacation to someone else. The pool area is ok if u like crowded. If you stay here bring your own sheets, cleaning supplies and a plug in and you will be ok! Oh and if you need help with the air breaking down or fridge leaking I hope your a good do it yourselfer on vacation!!

Room Tip: Here is a tip bring ur cleaning supplies and tool kit, roach spray and your own sheets and pillows!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I love this place! It always amazes me every time we go as a family. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Riverview, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My family has been regular guests @ Grand Shores for 25 years. My daughters have grown up with wonderful memories and now are making memories with their own children. . Beautiful beach location that is clean, safe, & comfortable. Family owned and friendly staff make you feel at home.

Room Tip: Poolside with shaded porch is nice with your favorite book.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I own a timeshare week here but usually trade it out. The location is about as good as it gets. They have put money into the pool area and added more beach chairs which is very nice. If you plan on spending a lot of time indoors stay somewhere else. Its a bit run down but its cheap and the fees stay low so i dont care. Nice hot tub and heated pool, same people come back from Canada year after year. Yes it needs updating but do i want my fees to go up? Nope..ill take it just the way it is. A quiet getaway right smack on a beautiful beach with the sunset every day!! Thats all you need!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Commerce Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

GSW is the only place I will go on Vacation. I work all year and every spring my family and I spend a week or two at Grand Shores. I would never think of staying anywhere else. We like to relax and enjoy the time finally get to spend with each other. Everyone says it is not the ritz well you are right it is ten times better. All of the wonderful staff and friends we have met over the years is due to the atmosphere at GSW. I can tell you there is no better place to enjoy the weather than GSW from the nightly grilling sessions to the quiet beautiful beach. We are there during spring break each year and you would never know it in this quaint low key resort. Thank you Bobby!

Room Tip: Ask for the corner large one bedroom or a townhouse veiw of the pool and the Gulf
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Grand Shores West? Share your experiences!