“Ignore all reviews except that of June 3 2013.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Island House Resort

You added Island House Resort to your Saves list
Island House Resort
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   17103 Gulf Boulevard, North Redington Beach, FL 33708   |
Special Price
5% Off Room Rate
Reigate
“Ignore all reviews except that of June 3 2013.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this hotel every year sometimes twice a year since 1993 .Yes it is old,and in some ways needs updating.However you get what you pay for,and here you get all you need for a good vacation at a very reasonable price.Grat pool,superb location just across from the beach,very friendly staff and management,large rooms,very good value.If you want luxury,go and spend $150 $200 dollars elsewhere,and don't get your value for money you get here,I meet many people here who have done as I have,and returned here year after year.

• Stayed July 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was recommended by a friend to give this place a try. My wife and kids needed a nice place to stay for spring break and we wanted to save some money as well. We had an excellent time! The rooms are clean, and the pool is very warm. The staff was helpful and made great recommendations as to what restaurants to eat at. This resort had a very warm feeling to it. It was almost as if was a home away from home. Also, the courtyard is absolutely beautiful. And I see some have mentioned the beds as a problem. In my opinion the beds were very comfortable, and I slept like baby. The rates are very reasonable and it is a fantastic value. I'm already planning to take my family back for the kids' next spring break.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Low rates, that's it, we paid for 7 non refundable days, left in 3, room had mold or something to trigger my wife's asthma everytime we went in, (heated pool) very cold, beds were masrhmellos, fully equipped kitchen smelled and had very few dishes. Would never stay here again, even if free.

• Stayed March 2013
Niko K, Manager at Island House Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
I am truly sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. You mention that "mold or something" triggered your wife's asthma. I want to assure you that our rooms contain no mold whatsoever. I noticed that you stayed with us in the early spring, which may be an answer to the asthma problem. This is because spring time tends to cause allergies and asthma to flare up in many individuals. I find this to be the most likely cause of your wife's asthma, not our rooms. You claim that our pool is cold. Well, it is kept at a consistent temperature of 84 degrees Fahrenheit, which is pretty cozy for most. I'm sorry it didn't appeal to your liking. Also, our maid service is often noted for how immaculate they leave the rooms, and our kitchens do provide a sufficient amount of plates, silverware, glasses, etc. Once again, we are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The rooms are dated.....but they are clean, and for the money it's probably the best value on the beach. We stayed here with 6 kids and 4 adults and the room was more than large enough and very comfortable. 6 days during spring break was less than $700. That let us spend our cash on other things we wanted to do and it is right across the street from the beach.the pool area is really nice too. If you want luxury, this ain't it... But value... For sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Pros: the rooms are huge. They have a kitchenette. It's across from the beach. The pool area is lovely.

Cons: The rooms were dirty. The carpet is filthy. The mattresses were so uncomfortable and disgusting. The shower was so small that there was barely room to
Change. The bathroom sink was right at the entrance to the room. The room smelled bad.

I think this could be a great hotel with a total update of the rooms. We literally made the reservations the day we were arriving and only for one night. I wouldn't want to vacation here.

• Stayed March 2013
Niko K, Manager at Island House Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
I appreciate you listing the pros and cons of your stay with us. As far as the cons of your review go, many renovations have been completed since the time of your stay. You mention the issues with the carpet. Recently, we have thoroughly cleaned and washed the carpets and even replaced some of them entirely. We have also replaced many of the mattresses in the rooms. Once again we appreciate the compliments and the criticism as we here at the Island House are always trying to make the needed adjustments to ensure the satisfaction of our customers. I hope you may give our hotel another try in the future, and I promise you'll see the difference.
Harrogate, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My entire family had the worst visit to this place. The staff was not helpful, the rooms were not what we expected, and to top it off the website was not at all what was advertised. We all complained but it was useless.

No one seemed to care and all we kept getting were lies and more excuses.

We will not go back. I do not recommend this place at all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Rob S,
I want to apologize for the displeasure you experienced during your stay. I would like to point out that I'm not quite sure what lies you speak of, as the details of our website are 100% accurate. The rooms are as advertised, so I'm also not sure of your expectations. If you were neglected by our staff, then I really am sorry. I can assure that changes have been made in that department since your stay, and that our current staff will stop at nothing to make your visit as comfortable as possible. I wish I could give you better solutions, but the complaints you have aren't very specific and are very generalized. For example, what lies were told? What did you expect? What was wrong with the rooms? I hope that you would give us a chance again in the future, and maybe with the changes we've made we'll be more to your liking.

-Nick Karnezis (Manager at the Island House Resort Hotel)
Salem, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights, it has a gorgeous island courtyard. We grilled out a feast by the pool on Fathers Day and really enjoyed the scenic view. The rooms needed a little updating and the beds felt like marshmallows, but the location and scenery made up for all the negatives!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Island House Resort? Share your experiences!