“Location, Location” 4 of 5 stars

17001 Gulf Blvd., North Redington Beach, FL 33708   |
Hendersonville
“Location, Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

This less expensive motel is across Gulf blvd from access to a beautiful Gulf beach. It is a short walk to several excellent restaurants. It has a large heated pool. It is on the bus/trolley route that brings you around the whole area including Johns Pass. It is dog friendly. Our doggie enjoyed his scrambled eggs and cheese at Sweet Sage restaurant. We had such good sleeps on the platform beds another review disparaged. The sheets were soft and bed comfy with some firmness.
The new managers, Jim and Kathie, are the nicest, kindest people we have met in a long time. They are in the process of freshening up the place.
If you want fancy and luxury, this is not the place for you but if you want all of the above it is a great place to stay

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

New management has made all of the difference, thanks to Jim and Kathie. The place has improved ten fold in just a couple of months. We stayed 2 nights December 20 and 21. We had room #4 with the pool view. We took our 2 puppies and enjoyed a very relaxing stay. The dog park is directly behing the motel but you can also walk in the residential area. The attached restaurant is no longer but Jim plans to have a replacement in very soon. So convenient, breakfast across the street and dinner by the pool. We plan to go back in March for at least one if not two nights. Wonderful place to stay for a short or long vacation.

Room Tip: Check the floor plan before you go and select where you want to be.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Good news for people looking for a nice place to stay, without paying a fortune, on Redington Beach...Jim and Kathie have taken on the hands-on mangement of this small little hotel/motel. The new managers have immediately rolled-up their sleeves and immediately tending to details that have been overlooked for a while.

What is best...the exceptionally clean rooms that are just a few steps from the beach, just on the other side of Gulf Boulevard. The rooms vary and some have kitchenettes if you are inclinded to cook on your holiday. But why cook when there are so many good restaurants up and down Gulf Boulevard?

While this little place is no major brand-named hotel, it offers many of the same ammenities without the high prices: swimming pool, in-room refrigerator, expanded cable television, as well as free WiFi and parking.

If you are expecting this place to be the Ritz you might not be happy; but, this low-key property delivers good, clean basic accommodations at a fair price!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Valrico, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Thanks Karen and Kermit for providing the perfect getaway. Needed to decompress and only had a night to spare. The rate, room, and amenities were exactly what I was looking for! The only thing that I was disappointed in was that I couldn't stay longer. See ya soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my weekend stay here. I work 7 days a week and saying so, my budget is not the greatest. I booked this place because it met all my needs. Low price, pool, beach access and location. We arrived and was met by a friendly owner. Got into our room and was satisfied with our accommodation. There are some rules as far and pool hours, noise and getting your towels exchanged. I respect the fact that the're are some rules because I was looking for a quiet, relaxing weekend to chill, and that's what I got. I can sence that there have been some issues in the past with guest partying too hard and being a neusense to other guest, therefor the rules are enforced. Again, I had no problem with this. The beds were ok, water pressure was good, room were old but clean. If you want to stay in a over priced newer hotel, then go toss your money across the street. If you want to save money and relax, stay here. My wife and I will be coming back. Thanks for the pleasant weekend!
Nick & Tat

• Stayed July 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Dont know others on reviews, The managers of this place are only enforecing rules that they have to go by. They treated everyone equal during our stay over the Fourth of July holiday. There were kids there that did make a little noise. The managers were very nice in separating them and talking to their parents. It was a holiday and in our opinion they did a great job. The pool was in excellent order, extra clean rooms, close to the beach and everything you could want. Highly recommended by me and my wife Katherine. This is a great place to stay and the management is Very Good, we got everything that we asked for. Please give this place a try, you will be Very Happy, and like us, you will return

Room Tip: All rooms are great!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New Port Richey, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I have coming to the Malibu for about 10 years (twice/three times a yr). I'm very sad to say we won't be going back as long as the new managers are there. I agree with the other bad review!!!!! I'm 55 yrs old and I don't want a baby sitter, when I go on a stay away I want to have some fun. 2 yrs ago I had my husbands 50th birthday party there (different managers) we sold the place out. Had a blast..... Yes it is an older place but it's CLEAN, beds could be better and it is dog friendly which is plus for us. They have way too many rules now !!!!!!!!! My next stop is contacting the owners. I'm sorry for anyone that had a bad stay :( it really use to be a cool place to have fun and good pricing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
maliburesortfl, Manager at Malibu Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Hello, We are terribly sorry that you had a bad experience during your stay of July 2013. The good news is that your request has been fulfilled. My wife Kathie and I are the new Managers at the Malibu Resort as of mid November 2013. We want you to consider returning to the Malibu, at some time in the future, to experience a vacation as is supposed to be. We treat all our guests like family. In an effort to make up for your past issues we will give you a great deal to make it right. Give us a call and we can discuss. Sincerely, Jim & Kathie

Been to Malibu Beach Resort? Share your experiences!