“Kumo could be better unless in a hurry as they want you in and out.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Kumo's Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi

Kumo's Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi
17945 Tamiami Trail, Cocoplum Plaza, North Port, FL
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 54 Restaurants in North Port
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New within the past year, also loctions in Cape Coral, Florida and Sarasota, Florida
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Kumo could be better unless in a hurry as they want you in and out.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Were disappointed with our dining experience. As soon as seated they were serving soup and salad. The salad dressing was on salad and I ask for another without dressing, which took some time. Orders taken and drinks served, as soon as orders taken the grill turned on and food started to be served which allowed for no conversation with guests. Food was O.K. but lots of soy sauce. There were 2 in our group that had not finished while the plates from others taken up and boxes given to the 2 for take home. We were in and out in 30 minutes. I felt I could have gone to Chic filet and had more time to enjoy my meal and enjoy guests. We paid with credit card and our copy was correct but had another persons name as customer. Will not visit again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Great sushi, Japanese food and a wonderful selection of sake ensure a quick return to this fine place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

As a larger group out to celebrate a birthday, we met none if the usual uncomfortable politeness that larger groups can inspire. The service was incredible! The sushi was inspired! Teppan yaki(sp?) can be sort of gimmicky but this place doesn't rely on the table cooking to satisfy you. This is a great place for any occasion. Try the sake and you should be pleasantly surprised....

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Penn Yan, NY
“Fun for a group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went with two others but it would have been fun to take a group. They will seat you with others if you don't have enough people in your own group. The chef was very entertaining. The food was quite good.

Visited November 2012
Port Charlotte FL
“Too much soy sauce and salt”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had our first Hibachi dinner at this restaurant. We've been to many other Hibachi style restaurants so when we saw this close to where we live, we thought we would try it. We had read good reviews about it.
We were greeted well and shown our seats at the table. We were with 7 other people so it was almost like our own private table. I ordered chicken and scallops and my husband ordered chicken and shrimp. They started with the fried rice, doused in soy sauce and salt. Next came our meal, doused in soy sauce and salt!!! Our veggies were cooked while we were eating and this also doused in soy sauce and salt! Friends we were with had lobster and scallops, everything looked the same, doused in soy sauce. For the amount you pay for each entree, I shouldn't have to eat soy sauce and salt. You could not taste what you were eating, it all tasted the same. Had a coupon of $10.00 off your meal, but they did not take it when the bill came as they said you have to give it before the meal. It did not state this on the coupon. I won't go back again, service was good, but the food left a bad taste in my mouth and my body swelled up like a balloon after.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida, Usa
“Birthday Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Daughter treated me for my Birthday, Food was excellent I had Steak and Lobster. Our Chef got everyone to sing Happy Birthday and lit up a onion stack. really cool. Food was great price is high but you get enough to take home.

• Visited June 2013