“Subpar food and worst service ever” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Jupiter, Florida
“Subpar food and worst service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I just went there with a friend to try the "unlimited" pizza and pasta. Waited 20 minutes for a paper plate of 1 small thin greasy weird tasting slice of pizza and about 1/2 cup of pasta with the worse sauce I've ever tasted. Anyway, after we were done, another 20 minutes passed & finally the waiter came out & asked if we wanted any more. So much for unlimited. I noticed the tables around us having the same trouble getting another round, not that it was any good anyway. But they kept asking if we wanted wine, obviously being coached to sell wine. Never again... If McDonald's sold Italian food, I'm pretty certain it would be better than that and definitely would be better service.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Great food and service with pleasant entertainment.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

Arrived late but it was worth the travel. Our food was so good even though we waited to be served. The chef/owner sang romantic songs on the piano while we had our dinner. I will go back because the food was fresh and so good. Also, the people were friendly and very accommodating. My kind of place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Bethesda, Maryland
“Needs some help, but the food was excellent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

This is a relatively new restaurant, but even considering that they may be working out the kinks, things were not right. But before I elaborate, let me say the beneath the chaos, someone knows how to cook great Italian food at this place. I was quite pleased with my salmon dish which was a nice sized portion of fresh salmon topped with cherry tomato slices and a tasty white wine / lemon sauce. My fish was prepared perfectly and the sauce and sauteed veggies were a great compliment. I also had the broccoli rabe side dish which was one of the best I ever had. The rabe was sauteed enough to make it soft and the garlic was present but not overwhelming the dish. We had an appetizer of 5 meatballs which where a little bit bland, but enjoyable with a nice tomato sauce. My wife tried the margherita pizza which had a nice thin crust and outstanding flavor. So we were very happy with the food. Unfortunately, our experience was tainted by a waitress who was covering too many tables and had a bit of a gruff edge to her demeanor. The place was busy as would be expected with the Thursday night all you can eat basic pizza or rigatoni for $5 special. The chef owner was bussing tables and hustling to try and deal with the crowd, but they were definitely overwhelmed. Our food was a little slow in coming, but not too bad considering the crowd. We chose indoor seats and were wedged into a line of tables with literally a few inches between them. There were simply too many tables crammed into this place and they would improve the experience by reducing the number of tables inside the restaurant. Fortunately, we had no one on either side of us, but getting in and out of the table was quite difficult. We had no issues with our order, but overheard several guests complaining. The waitresses response was very unfriendly and she had zero tolerance for anything that would require her immediate attention. A manager did come to several tables and apologize and offer to comp people. Things were hectic, and require some work and improvement, but I would go back again to try some other menu items. As I noted earlier, food was fresh and well prepared. Prices are reasonable too and the special deal is amazing, if you are patient. I will update my rating on this place if they get the service and environmental issues addressed.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jupiter, Florida
“Average food, terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Visited La Scaletta with friends for the first time recently. Went on a Friday evening and the place was packed. A good sign, or was it? We were seated and soon realized that there was only one waiter for the entire dining room. After a long wait, we were finally approached about drinks, then we waited again for an eternity before our food order was taken. We heard many complaints from those around us. As we all waited for our food, the chef suddenly ran out from the kitched and started singing and playing the piano...while many tables of customers were waiting for their food! The table next to us complained very loudly about the volume of the music and the long wait and finally the chef went back to prepare more food. When our meals arrived, they were nothing more that average Italian fare. I could have gotten just as good at Olive Garden, for a lot less money. Unimaginative, uninspiring, and after the long wait, not very good at all. While we were eating, the chef once again ran out of the kitchen, this time wearing his motorcycle helmet! He again played a song and sang, then ran around the dining room and back into the kitchen. He acted like a juvenile. Maybe he needs to take better care of his customers rather than running around showing off. The entire experience was unpleasant and we will cross La Scaletta off our list.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Happy Hour with half off appetizers and drinks was incredible.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012 via mobile

I was so impressed with all the people working at this restaurant and the appetizers were so fresh and delicious. Our drinks was half off and great. We met some very friendly people who frequent this place and that is what I'll be doing as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere